Did a search, all over the www and here as well. I hope a new thread is not out of order. My DS3s are driving me to madness, L2/R2 buttons nearly sprain my fingers after a couple of hours and sticks occasionally run a bit left/right without me moving them. As I'm trying to play Mirror's Edge speedruns where any slight mistake is death, this is no longer acceptable!! (Other games I play are fine with these controllers, as adjustments are easy to make.) Buying controllers to try and then returning is not an option.

The www's results for a "suitable" 3rd party PS3 controller came down to the Power A Pro Elite controller (wireless and has motion sensing) or the Afterglow controller (no motion sensing). I want it to have motion sensing so that basically limits me to buying a new DS3 or else trying this PowerA Pro Elite thing.
DS3s give me hand cramp with a lot of L2/R2 use, so I thought I'd like to try a bigger size controller/XBOX style.

Thought about adding on the stick grips and trigger buttons to a new DS3, but that still leaves with a small DS3 controller.

Adding to my dilemma is that each new PS3 update has the potential to delete the third party controller support. So many reviews I read were from a couple of years ago. Are these controllers even still compatible?
Plus...there's apparently new DS3 models out. Are the sticks any better on these? Both my controllers are model CECHzc2u. One was noticeably better than the other but no different looks-wise.
So, I need the controller to have motion sensing, rumble, and above all, good sticks. I have DS3s for good Dpads, I don't need that in the controller. Do any of you currently have a controller that you KNOW still works with an updated PS3?
Or, have you found a grip add-on for a DS3 that makes it nicer to hold/use? (I couldn't find anything other than silicon sleeves.)

Help needed in la la land, before more blood vessels burst while Faith wanders off ledges all on her own...