Thread: WipEout 2048 Official Issue Report (template)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default WipEout 2048 Official Issue Report (template)

Hi guys

I've come up with a plan of action to make it easier for us to view and collate bugs. If you could stick to this template from now on, it will make it a hell of lot easier for us to look into them further:

Title (a brief description of the issue)

Frequency (how many times you have experienced it)

Step by step guide (a run through of exactly what happened prior to the issue, explained in the simplest manner)

Result (The issue itself, what happened afterwards and what you did to try to fix the problem ie quitting back to the main menu.)

Online or Offline (where you signed into PSN at the time?)

PSN ID (Your PSN ID )

The trick is to keep it concise, if we need any more info we'll contact you. After completing the template we will look into the issue and act on the information- we'll let you know of it's progress and keep you up to date here

-Nak

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    AcuraPSV

Title: Performance issues after DLC (vsync/tearing)

Frequency: Always after start the game in first, and access DLC HD ( in first place)

Step by step guide: In any track of DLC HD with any ship, and any race type, only in first start the game, and in first place acces to DLC HD

Result In first start game, and run any DLC HD race, and the vertical sincronization(vsync) is off, performance issues fps oscilation and tearing. For fixed the problem, only press start button in the race and resume(press start of new), the vsync and tearing problem is fixed and the fps are stable. Apparently will remain fixed until you restart the game

Online or Offline In offline (I have not tried online)

PSN ID AcuraPSV

Quote Originally Posted by djacura View Post
    Title: Performance issues after DLC (vsync/tearing)

Frequency: Always after start the game in first, and access DLC HD ( in first place)

Step by step guide: In any track of DLC HD with any ship, and any race type, only in first start the game, and in first place acces to DLC HD

Result In first start game, and run any DLC HD race, and the vertical sincronization(vsync) is off, performance issues fps oscilation and tearing. For fixed the problem, only press start button in the race and resume(press start of new), the vsync and tearing problem is fixed and the fps are stable. Apparently will remain fixed until you restart the game

Online or Offline In offline (I have not tried online)

PSN ID AcuraPSV
    Cheers djacura!

I'll let you know as soon as there is any movement on this

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    Title Near challenges don't work anymore offline !

Frequency Always since today I discovered that bug, I think maybe since last double update 1.03 + 1.04

Step by step guide Go in Near Application, go in "discoveries" (not sure of the english term in the Near App), choose a WipEout Near Challenge, download it if you haven't already done and/or start it.
    The game starts, let the introduction entirely plays or cut it, then touch the screen or a button, and the challenge doesn't appear, the track doesn't load, I directly get in the home menu with the 6 icons (the 4 campaigns, ad hoc, cross play).
    When I touch the community icon, I see nothing, when I saw all the downloaded Near challenges before.

Result You can't play the Near challenges offline, when I could before. (I did it several times, eg in my car without any WiFi hotspot)

Online or Offline Offline, WiFi activated or disabled

PSN ID kaori714
    There was some planned server maintenance being carried out on PSN the day you posted this (26/27 July)
    Have you tried those challenges since, Kaori?
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 31st July 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I've just tried, the system told me "Wifi disabled" before the introduction video, and the challenge didn't start. Forthermore, I can't see the downloaded Near challenges in the "Community" section of the game, (when I'm offline). If I'm disconnected of PSN, but Wifi enabled, I don't get a message, but the challenge didn't start either and I don't see the challenges in "Community".

I think the maintenance isn't the problem, because the issue just happens offline.
    I have no issue when I'm connected to the PSN.

The Near challenges worked before, (update 1.01 & 1.02) I'm sure. Offline, you only saw the downloaded challenges in "Community", where you also see online when your friends beat your record or they complete trophies, finals or multiplayer levels. Now you see nothing.

I could delete my save and updates and start a new game without update to prove it, but I really fear about my online progress. You should try it.
    Last edited by kaori; 31st July 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Chris9394

Title Online campaign resets itself

Frequency Almost everytime

Step by step guide I THINK it happens when u disconnected from the server or after turning to sleep mode when in-game

Result Online campaign resets back to the 1st event

Online or Offline Onine

PSN ID Chris9394

p.s. Hope I'm posting in the correct bug thread
    Last edited by Chris20M; 5th August 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Yes is it thanks Chris.
    We'll look into this further and let you know of any news
    Last edited by Ami Nakajima; 13th August 2012 at 04:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Title Near challenges don't work anymore offline !

Frequency Always since today I discovered that bug, I think maybe since last double update 1.03 + 1.04

Step by step guide Go in Near Application, go in "discoveries" (not sure of the english term in the Near App), choose a WipEout Near Challenge, download it if you haven't already done and/or start it.
    The game starts, let the introduction entirely plays or cut it, then touch the screen or a button, and the challenge doesn't appear, the track doesn't load, I directly get in the home menu with the 6 icons (the 4 campaigns, ad hoc, cross play).
    When I touch the community icon, I see nothing, when I saw all the downloaded Near challenges before.

Result You can't play the Near challenges offline, when I could before. (I did it several times, eg in my car without any WiFi hotspot)

Online or Offline Offline, WiFi activated or disabled

PSN ID kaori714
    Last edited by kaori; 26th July 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Just for "fun"

Title Scoring in Zone mode, DLC HD & Fury
    Frequency Always
    Step by step guide Just select an event "zone"
    Result In Zone mode on PS3, we score 100 points by speed pad, 500 points by zone cleared or 1000 points by perfect zone, 2000 points by perfect lap, 1200 points by barrel roll and 60 points by second (or precisely 1 point by image, frame rate being 60 fps
    On Vita, we earn 1 point by image too, but frame rate is 30 fps, so we can't compete fairly
    Online or Offline Offline
    Last edited by kaori; 8th February 2013 at 11:46 PM.

PSN ID
    G0-DVL

Title : Unable to reset multiplayer progress

Frequency : always

Step by step guide : Having lost my Wipeout 2048 save because of a faulty memory card, I started the solo campaign from scratch, but my completed multiplayer save remained stored online, which means I can not get any experience points from it.

Result : I can't easily unlock all Wipeout 2048 content, because the multiplayer gives 20 times more experience, required to gain levels for unlocking the other ships and the excellent A+ class races. There should be a way to reset the multiplayer save along the singleplayer one.

Online or Offline : Online

PSN ID : G0-DVL

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Title: Game doesn't start

Frequency: always

Step by step guide: Not sure. I came back home after using online multiplayer; and next time I go to use it it doesn't load.

Result: The game starts and plays through the opening fine, but once it tries to load up the rest of the game I get an error message. (I've already sent a report to Sony using the Vita's reporting fuction)

Online or Offline: offline

PSN ID: keg11

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Title: Game keeps disconnecting from server

Frequency: Often

Step by step guide: I connect to a multiplayer lobby, and I will be mid-race and it just crashed and says I've been disconnected from the server. I get in maybe 1 or 2 races on average before having to log out, and re-join. Often I don't even get through the rejoined race before the same thing happens. Checked my connection here, no problems. I tested this by playing WOHD on the PS3 online immediately after the server crash and no problems. It happens often enough to the point I believe there is something either wrong with settings or with server, but don't know which

Online or Offline: Online only

PSN ID: mannjon

Thanks!