Thread: Anyone play shooters?

Timezone
    GMT -4

Default Anyone play shooters?

well... that xD
    on ps3 i play battlefield 3, cod modern warfare 3 (and the first odern warfare), duke nukem forever, lost planet 1 and 2, uncharted 2 and borderlands xD
    on pc, team fortress 2 xD

anyone plays shooters on any platfform?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I play Battlefield 3 quite often when I'm online. I'm a console gamer and I hardly play shooters on PC, but from time to time I play Counter Strike Source or Quake III Arena.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I play shooters, but none of that avant-garde struggle stuff that bores me to no end. I play almost exclusively on PC nowadays.
    My favorite's always been Unreal. I play Left4Dead and am waiting for Borderlands 2 (Currently saving up for a new PC). I tried Tribes Ascend for a while, very good movement, but I stopped because of the broken zero skill carpet bombing weapons that they seem to put into every update (As well as more personal annoyances that they will never fix due to the popularity of the aforementioned "modern warfare" games).

Been playing ArmA in my PC while I don't get home to wipeout. I don't know if it counts as shooter seeing that it's a military warfare simulator, meaning you can either be infantry or drive every kind of military vehicle.

Timezone
    GMT -4

nice!, all can put the names of shooter we can play, in my case (sorry for my english xD)
    Ps3 = duke nukem forever, cod mw, mw3, battlefield 3, borderlands,battlefield 1943, lost planet 1 and 2, uncharted 2.
    pc = quake live, half life deathmatch and a mod from doom, to make that game = megaman 8bits deathmatch xD
    (my pc is a really bullsh**)
    Last edited by WarioIIDX; 22nd June 2012 at 06:51 AM.

I go between MW3 and Uncharted 3.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

i have MAG, Uncharted 1,2,3 MGS Hd collection limited edition , Tom clancy's ghost recon future soldier, Borderlands and a few more that i cant think of

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I tend to steer clear of the wartime shooters and go for a more arcade style. For me, Painkiller has always been my favourite. Proper run-and-gun stuff

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rossriders_86

Far as shooters go, for me it depends on what I can get out of or what catches my interest at the time.

To date I've played including but not limited to...

Doom (PSX)
    Final Doom (PSX)
    Doom 3 Demo
    Quake 3 Demo
    Unreal Tournament 1999
    Unreal Tournament 2003
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Unreal Tournament 3

SWAT 3 Demo
    SWAT 4

Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360)
    Call of duty 4 PC Demo
    Call of duty Black ops (PS3)
    Call of duty Modern warfare 3 (Xbox 360)

Far Cry
    Crysis
    Crysis Warhead

Battlefield 1942
    Battlefield 2
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Battlefield 3

Killzone 1
    Killzone 2 Demo
    Killzone 3 Demo

Rainbow Six Rouge Sphere
    Rainbow Six Raven's shield
    Rainbow Six Vegas

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (PC)
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PC and the PS3 Demo)

Max Payne 1
    Max Payne 2

as well as games that incorporated stealth elements or aren't entirely shooters but incorporate shooter elements...

The Metal gear series...specifically

Metal Gear solid 1 (PSX)
    Metal gear solid 2 (PS2)
    Metal Gear solid 3 (PS2)
    Metal Gear solid 4 (PS3)

Syphon Filter 1 (PSX)
    Syphon Filter Omega Strain (PS2)
    Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (PS2)

Splinter cell 1 (PS2 and PC)
    Splinter cell 2 (PC)
    Splinter cell Chaos theory (PC)

GTA series including
    GTA I (PC)
    GTA II Demo (PC)
    GTA III (PC)
    GTA San Andreas (PC)
    GTA IV (PC)

and that's off the top of my head.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Started out with Wolfenstein 3D on PC, and kept going with Doom 1&2, Rise of the Triads, Duke Nukem 3D, Soldier of Fortune 2, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2&3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty 1,2,4 and 5 (MW2), Deus Ex: Human Revolution. On console: Red Faction 1&2, Black, Timesplitters 2, Bad Company 1, Dust 514.
    And a whole bunch of games I forgot about (these are just the FPS games btw. 3rd person games aren't proper shooters! )
    Nowadays I usually end up playing Thief 3 or Battlefield 3. I still haven't worked up the courage to play Amnesia Dark Decent

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Heh, Amnesia. I've said to myself that this year I'll be doing a full playthrough of that on Halloween night. Lights off, sound up... There will be poo.

Timezone
    GMT -8

I thought you meant arcade shooters like DoDonPachi. :<
    I have a few free one's like Blacklight and S4 League. I'm not good at modern style shooters, though. I also play Nexuiz.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Yep, Shooters have been an integral part of my teenage gamer years (minus the recent COD installments which are dreadful, but I digress.) My favourites were always the Medal of Honor, TimeSplitters and Bond series, made even better so when four of us would sit in the room and play them.

Nowadays I'm hooked on Battlefield 3. I play that a lot and have started to put some serious time into it. I squad up with Greenymac quite a bit too - we make a good team.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I got some DUST 514 beta codes if anyone is interested? They are only for use in europe im afraid... if anyone is interested let me know and i will pm you a code. I have 2 codes that are valid for this weekend only. (fri, sat, sun)
    1st come 1st serve.

edit 1- 1 code left
    edit 2- 0 codes left
    Last edited by MegaGeeza22; 28th July 2012 at 02:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I always loved to play Half-Life & Half-Life 2!
    It has that great "lonelyness" factor which I never experienced in another shooter [Tomb Raider doesn't count ]

Also I liked to play F.E.A.R. & F.E.A.R. 2. The third part didn't do it for me anymore. But after all I don't play shooters that much and especially not on the PS3. I'm unable to learn to aim fast & precisely with that analogue sticks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Maybe someone wants to kill me, but I never played both Half-Life installments, but I'd like to do it someday.

Currently I'm hooked on Spec Ops The Line. Although it's a third person shooter and its online mode tends to be laggy, the game is nice and has an interesting atmosphere; if you play as host, then you have the trump card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
    Nowadays I'm hooked on Battlefield 3. I play that a lot and have started to put some serious time into it. I squad up with Greenymac quite a bit too - we make a good team.
    Oh, Battlefield 3, you and your dreadful netcoding... If it wasn't for that...
    Even I didn't play for over a month, if you guys are still on BF3, then I may have some games with you; playing alone can be boring and tiresome.
    By the way Dark, I can't add you as friend on PSN.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I have a vast list o shooters I play on PC Steam, add me and tell me who you are on the zone - q_dmc12

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

When I have time to play shooters, I like to play Portal 2, System Shock 2, Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Can't wait for Bioshock Infinity. <3

Edit: crap, forgot 'bout Penumbra and Amnesia! =S