Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout championship

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    There are a lot of differences between the games, speed, float, shortcuts.
    I've got an idea. Why don't you host SE as a stand-alone game in the Championship?

I admit there are some difference between the games (had a quick look at Hellfire's walkthrough), but then I figured although SE is an upgrade on 3, but it's a stand-alone game (in the days before DLCs). What do you think?

P.S: To help put it into perspective, I've noticed that you have Fury ans a standalone despite it's a DLC for HD

Can't, the tourney is world based, not just pal territories. I can do the conversion, it's just easier for standard wo3 pal, as there are not nearly as many shortcuts as 3se. It means if people use it that I need to play three versions to perfection to get a legit conversion. If there is no other choice for the person, then play 3se.

ALL TRACKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED NOV 1st. You can practice any or all tracks until dec 1 st. On DEC 1st you may start getting times for the challenges. ANY time you get for ANY track may be used from this time foward. This is to allow more flexibility to players who may not have the time at certain parts of the tournament. However, it obviously is more important to play the games that are due at the earlier dates. You MUST read the rules for each specific game, like for example, damage simulator must be ON during race modes in wipeout fusion, and some ships may be disabled on some tracks. All the rules for the tracks will be announced when the tracks are announced

Times will be emailed to wipeoutchampionship@hotmail.com which I will create now. They will need a heading of the game you played and the 4 times you got for the tracks & the ship used. These times are due at midnight of YOUR time zone. I will not open ANY results until after my deadline for times. No one is under any obligation to share their times with anyone.

Games used:
    1) if you have NTSC, USE THAT VERSION
    2) then use pal if that is all you have
    3). Wipeout 3= use NTSC A if you have it, use regular pal if you have it next. If you only have 3se use that. This is so I don't have to figure out conversions. Please tell me now if that is all you have

December 31 midnight. 2048 times are due
    January 13 midnight. HD times are due
    January 20 midnight. WO2D times are due
    February 3 midnight. WO64 times are due
    February 17 midnight. WO1 times are due
    March 3 midnight. WOPURE times are due
    March 17 midnight. WOXL times are due
    March 31. midnight WOPULSE times are due
    APRIL 14. Midnight. WOFUSION times are due
    APRIL 28. Midnight. WO3 times are due
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 11th August 2012 at 12:08 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

(If you haven't figured it out from my previous posts) I'll be playing 3SE.

Question: The times you want us to post are the full times of the races w/ the AI? Not like lap times on time trial or things like that.

I'll post exact races in November. They will be full races though, no lap times, except for tie break. You don't have regular 3?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Quote Originally Posted by keg_11 View Post
    I've got an idea. Why don't you host SE as a stand-alone game in the Championship?
    P.S: To help put it into perspective, I've noticed that you have Fury ans a standalone despite it's a DLC for HD
    Jabber, not that I want to be a whiner or anything, as this is your humongous, chock-full-of-work-competition you're running...but I would also love SE as a standalone game in this.
    Don't shoot me!

EDIT: Just ignore me, I missed a few important, relevant posts....
    Last edited by Medusa; 11th August 2012 at 03:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Germanistgeek22

i bought another psp and picked up pulse. Here are the games i can play so far :

Wipeout FUSION
    Wipeout Pure
    Wipeout Pulse

I will update if i get more games to play.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

...You don't have regular 3?
    Nah. I bought SE off eBay in part because of the extra tracks, but I thought there was much more info on back-story. Unfortunately, Pierre Belmondo's last "psych-impulse" was all there is. Damn!

EDIT: & it was the only copy W3 on eBay in Australia at the time I bought it.
    Last edited by keg_11; 15th August 2012 at 12:42 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Jabber, not that I want to be a whiner or anything, as this is your humongous, chock-full-of-work-competition you're running...but I would also love SE as a standalone game in this.
    Don't shoot me!
    I will probably be holding a stand alone 3SE christmas challenge again this year if you are interested. Prices will be the same like last year: a box of Nuernberg Lebkuchen for each of the contenders placing first, second or third in the challenge.

@JABBERJAW: I'd really like to take part in your challenge, but I do not have the time right now to compete in such a huge challenge with such a wide selection of games. I know that I don't have to compete in all games at once, but it's also the time frame in which we have to do the single games (only 1 week for each game) that holds me off of this.

@ Tomohawk.

A couple things I posted above.

1) starting Dec 1, any time you get for any game can count. The first times for the first game are due at the end of dec. This will give you a month of times for any Game you want. This was for flexibility for people with families & jobs

2) two weeks in between due dates for each game

3) tracks are announced Nov 1st to give a month of practice

Hopefully this will change your mind

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hopefully this will change your mind
    I guess this will change my mind. I'll only take part in the older WipEouts until Pure though. WipEout kinda stopped being the WipEout I had loved for a decade for me after Pure.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    touge_rider

For Wipeout 1, do I need the PS1 version or can I run it on PS3 (PSN Download)?
    Also, other than that, I am confirmed in for HD, Fury and Fusion.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

In light of today's news, I think we need to make this tournament something special. If you haven't signed up, get signed up. Let's make this a tournament to be proud of and really show the legacy that Studio Liverpool have left.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Is there room for a pilot in HD, Fury or ideally 2048?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

"In light of today's news, I think we need to make this tournament something special. If you haven't signed up, get signed up. Let's make this a tournament to be proud of and really show the legacy that Studio Liverpool have left."
    Amen.

PSN ID
    novide

I would like to take part.

i can play on PS1 (pal): wo2097 & wo3; PS2 (pal): wo fusion; PS3: wo hd/fury; PSP: pure & pulse, Vita: 2048

I'll update our list at the end of the day

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

A little bit late, but I'm in.
    On WO1 (PS3) and HD/Fury.
    Would have enter with Wip3out but it doesn't work on PS3 and my PS2 have decided to play the diva. ><

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Just to clarify for me, I will use PS1 WipEout 1, WipEout 2097, Wip3out, Wip3out SE, Fusion, Pure, Pulse, WipEout HD & Fury and 2048, OK, that is alot! lol!

stevie

PSN ID
    Staz117

I'm in for WipEout, WipEout 2097, WipEout 3 SE, WipEout Fusion, Pure and Pulse, 2048, all this on PAL only, but if it's absolutely necessary, I can search NTSC version.

For HD Fury, it's ... delicate. At this time, I have no PS3 anymore ... But, of course, I can play it on Vita, so even if the game haven't Racebox on Vita, choose the good tracks in the good class is possible.

In absolute terms, and if it really and totally necessary to play on PS3, I can go to a friend.
    Last edited by Staz-; 24th August 2012 at 09:16 PM.