Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: worth the purchase?

Why do we got bogged down in linguistics discussions here so often? I don't find this at other gaming forums. Anyway, me likes it :. Being a semi-professional linguistic idiot.

I frequently use the word "stochastic" (its Dutch variant) in everyday speech. Geek pride!

Thé bonus point that the original wipEout has, for me, is the overall futuristic feel. In 2097/XL and even more in 3 and SE things are more arty and in some ways bolder (which I like) but somehow the spirit is missing that makes you truly identify with this world. I could immediately identify with the world of the first wipEout, however.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned FireStar, the first alien track, looong before Katmoda 12 or Planet Novon (which was quite a good track by the way, it's just a shame that it can't be selected to play!). And indeed Terramax is quite boring... that blasted tunnel though can be tricky .

By the way, Pirhana59, if you happen to own a Saturn, you might want the Saturn version. If you bounce against the walls you don't come to a complete standstill. Plus, the Saturn version has three extra music tracks.

Peace!
    V.

the world of the original WipEout is so close to our present-day world that it is as though anti-gravity racing had been invented, but no application found for it except racing for entertainment. i actually would prefer the more futuristic ones, but even though WO3 is also pretty close to our present world, the other design factors [ships, physics, game structure, etc.] make it my favourite over 2097

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Vasudeva
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned FireStar, the first alien track, looong before Katmoda 12 or Planet Novon (which was quite a good track by the way, it's just a shame that it can't be selected to play!).
    if u beat it u can!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasudeva
    And indeed Terramax is quite boring...
    that blasted tunnel though can be tricky .
    tricky - yes boring - NO!! : .. :roll: .. :wink:

my copy of WO didn't work long enough for me to accomplish much, but i did like Terramax. and the second track, which had a section where you zigzagged down the hill in series of sweeping switchbacks. i forget the name, but i think it was either Karbonis or Korodera, probably Karbonis. i thought Arridos was harder than some of the others.

i thought Silverstream was a fairly easy track [i never played the Silverstream Challenge], easier than Arridos, for example. i never did get to see Firestar