Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WipEout Pure on PS Vita

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Default WipEout Pure on PS Vita

Hello, everyone.
    Hope it's okay to create new thread here.
    Anyway. My question I want to direct toward those with Vita and WipEout Pure.
    I know it's possible to run Pure on Vita, but the thing that interests me is addons.
    Can someone check if Pure game packages (which are awesome) work on Vita? I would be very grateful for your help.
    I'm planning on buying Vita, but the only reason for that is new WipEout.
    Still it's not enough, I guess. But having ALL WipEouts on one console is a good selling point for me, lol.
    Thanks in andvance for any response.

I'm curious to know this myself. I have Pure from PSN (bringing my total copies of Pure to four) but I'm not sure how you'd actually add any PSP data to the Vita. Anyone know?

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I'm curious to know this myself. I have Pure from PSN (bringing my total copies of Pure to four) but I'm not sure how you'd actually add any PSP data to the Vita. Anyone know?
    It would be awesome if you try. Here's a FAQ how to transfer saves from PSP to VITA (don't forget that Pure add ons are like additional saves, that you put in the same folder where all PSP saves are):

1. Start a psp game on your vita and create a save file (doesn't matter what you just need a save)

2. Connect it to PC and open content manager

3. Transfer the save to the PC

4. Find out where that save was transferred to (you can also open content manager options on yor PC by clicking it in the taskbar down at the bottom right and it will have a folder listed). The folder is usually:

C:/> users > username > documents > PSVITA > PSAVEDATA > (a folder that just has numbers and letters) > in here is where you should find the psp saves

5. Plug your PSP into your PC and find your save files ( folder is in PSP > SAVEDATA)

6. Transfer the saves you want (or all of them) to the folder on PC that we found where the vita backs the psp saves to (the letter/number folder in PSAVEDATA)

7. Open content manager on vita and choose PC -> PSVITA

8. Choose applications > psp saves and check mark all the ones you want on your vita

Please, let me know if you succeed... or not. =)

Fantastic, thanks for that! It will be the morning before I get a chance to give it a go. I'll report back as soon as I do.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Fantastic, thanks for that! It will be the morning before I get a chance to give it a go. I'll report back as soon as I do.
    Good luck with that!
    The fate of some random not-yet-bought Vita is in your hands now.
    Last edited by chalovak; 28th February 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Well the system works - I successfully copied my save game and the packs from my PSP to my Vita and the Vita reads the saves. Now, for some reason, the Gamma and Omega packs don't seem to be working and I can't yet figure out why. I'll have a play with it to see what I can find out but the system does work. Something has just gone a bit funny with some of my files maybe?

Edit: Hmmm... trying to source a fresh Pure pack these days isn't easy but I found one, tested it and for some reason it shows up as a corrupt file (my own ones didn't, they looked fine) and yet the fresh pack file worked. Not sure what the difference is - the Gamma and Omega packs that I downloaded from the Pure servers back in the day don't seem to work. The others do.

But end result of this is that, yes, this method works.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 29th February 2012 at 03:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Great news, so now all add ons are working? Can you PM me a link you found where working add ons are uploaded?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: I sent you a message, but it seems it hasn't been sent (my sent messages folder is empty somehow). Just wanted to thank you for sending me the link. =)
    Last edited by chalovak; 1st March 2012 at 04:45 AM.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Hia,

it might just be that the packs don't correspond to the version, ie US or EU.. You should be able to distinguish looking at the filenames. Anyway, take a look at this thread, it has all the packs listed for download.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Dogg Thang reported back and said that everything worked fine.
    Thanks anyway for the link.

Timezone
    GMT -4
    PSN ID
    Sin-invidia

How do i get Pure on my vita i was able to copy pulse over but not pure

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Quote Originally Posted by NCR_Assassin View Post
    How do i get Pure on my vita i was able to copy pulse over but not pure
    Can't you download it from PSN?

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

sorry, dublication

Timezone
    GMT -4
    PSN ID
    Sin-invidia

It wont let me copy it to my vita, and i have really been wanting to play pure lately. and my PSP is KIA lol

Well if you bought it from PSN, it should be on your download list. BUT... here's something I noticed -> those free PSP Go games can't be downloaded to any other system so, if you got it free on a PSP Go, you'd have to buy it (it's really cheap I think). If you're talking UMD, they can't be transferred and it doesn't look like they'll be doing any scheme to allow that to happen.

Timezone
    GMT -4
    PSN ID
    Sin-invidia

this what i get on my vita..
    2012-03-02-040027.jpg

Hmm... odd. Have you got a PS3? Those that can't be downloaded straight to the Vita can be transferred through a PS3. I don't know why some can be downloaded to the Vita and some can't. For example, three of the four Pulse packs can be downloaded straight to the Vita. The fourth can't, and yet it transfers from the PS3 with no problem. I assume they'll sort them all at some point but, for now, it looks like you might need a PS3 to transfer it.

Timezone
    GMT -4
    PSN ID
    Sin-invidia

it wont let me transfer from my ps3 either im going to try to use media go now, it could be that im on the north american store lol

Very odd that it won't let you do it through the PS3. I haven't heard of any game that won't transfer that way. Yes, must be something to do with the US store (I'm on the EU store and it works fine here).

Timezone
    GMT -4
    PSN ID
    Sin-invidia

i also tried media go but that didnt work either -_-

So what happens when you download it to your PS3? It is in your games menu as a file or whatever, right? So if you connect your Vita and go through the content manager and select PS3>Vita, does it not show up at all or is it listed but just refuses to transfer?