Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default Check this out

Did you know that one headlight in Gran Turismo 5 has more polygons than an entire car in Gran Turismo 4?

--- Slightly Off-Topic ---
    http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t500-rs
    That thing looks badass. Just imagine playing GT Academy with one or those... Or WipEout

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Would explain why the standard models sometimes look like crap...

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Thats my wheel

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rossriders_86

To speak a bit more in regards to how I feel about GT...

Well for me, while I had then and now kept a rather very high interest in cars expressed in more ways than one, with games such as Ridge Racer, and Pole Position, along with playing demos like Indy Car Racing 2...

It was GT (besides the original Need for speed) that got me all the more interested in cars. GT1 in particular. The soundtrack, the cars, the challenge. To date between me and my brother, we have 5 'main' titles, GT1, 2 (both disks) 3, 4 (thrice) and 5.

In honesty, I feel that GT5's physics...give me a lot more options in regards to how to drive a car up to it's limits compared to four, and it seems on one end more friendly towards those who use controllers, and yet also gives a lot of worthwhile challenge when using a wheel for it as well. Much as I want to complain about some of the standard models, for a game that was released two years too early, there have been far worse examples of rushed game releases (*cough*Need For speed*Cough*Undercover*Cough*ProStreet*Cough*Carbo n*Cough*Cough), not to mention that while I'm no hurry to buy the DLC, the FREE stuff is a nice touch.

I play it from time to time, and sometimes I try to do a few more personal objectives.

One of them has been building some GT3 spec (GT3 as in racing class, not the game GT3) Corvettes (Z06 C6 Corvettes to be exact) and making them as quick as the actual GT3 cars based on some lap times. Plus testing how they handle under specific tire, suspension, power and even weight restrictions. Plus the seasonal events keep things challenging. I'd play GT5 more but life calls for more important things to bear.

and that's my two cents for now, till later.