Thread: WipEout-Game.com Archive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 2

Hello guys, it has been a while. Life seems to ask for its token of days. I see that what I feared back in 2008, when the site was just being put into service, has happened , just as with the Fusion site . So , because of a stupid management of this game on behalf of Sony now we have no way of inserting any skins in the game , as the cover and ingame loading screens, so boldly, are stating. And even more, for some reason, which I will never understand, Studio Liverpool has been shutdown, so no one, officially, can make a stand alone skin manager. So, is it ever possible, technically and legally, for anybody to make an alternative to wipeout-game.com skin manager?

EDIT: So no answer, I suppose people don't care that much about skins anymore. Too bad, so much work gone wasted.
    Last edited by Ricanebleu; 29th November 2012 at 07:55 PM.

PSN ID
    Ninjaxander1 (I despise it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricanebleu View Post
    EDIT: I suppose people don't care that much about skins anymore.
    Heck no, i would do anything to get ship skins back. its a shame i got really into the wipeout franchise after a few months ago, If only sony had one job and it was to not even touch the websites.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Dude, thread-necro. Not cool, man.

Don't worry though, I'm sure we'll figure out the skins. I think they're in .PCT format (I'll need a conversion tool), but high-definition versions are available in .TGA format from the PS2 files. If you want, I can convert them to PNG and put them up on Google Drive.

As far as I know, you can still view skins on the first page from the archived website, but the download links aren't working, just a series of dead-end redirects.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 2nd November 2016 at 05:04 PM.

I have looked at the skins of the OP some time ago and it looks like a skin has three uncompressed indexed textures with 16-color (4 bit) palettes. That's what I think after loading the skins as a raw format in GIMP and Wipeout and comparing them. I have the capability to write a small commandline tool working for both Linux and Windows, but I still need to analyze the file format further.