Thread: Who wants to see Florian Heights return?

Lightbulb Who wants to see Florian Heights return?

I've never actually played WipEout Fusion, but the Florian Heights course looks awesome, so wouldn't it be great if it was in a newer WipEout game?

The big jump, would be great. All the tracks in fusion would be cool. Get rid of doors though in temptesh, those could be pretty tough.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 6th October 2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Noticed bad grammer 8 months later

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Come on, Al, those doors were great. You just have to know the track Actually – from what I’ve seen – WO2048 takes a lot of inspiration from WipEout Fusion; track-wise. Temtesh Bay 2 is a prime example of alternative routes and finding the shortest way. The whole tunnel section is a single skill cut

Ah, and if you meant „I like the doors, but they sometimes just open too late, that sucks“, then, well, yeah, you’re right

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

I'd love to see FH in future W'Os. I didn't get a chance to play WOF, stuck watching gameplay on youtube...

I got a ps2, now I need to get WOF.

They never open wrong if you take the correct routes, they are just unnecessary and a pain if you don't practice them a lot.

PSN ID
    pask765

I agree with feisar rocket, the Florion Heights course was awesome, especially Zephyr's Peak. I'd like to see the Mandreeshee underwater course return too.

Perhaps there could be some minor changes to the course, reflecting the time that has passed between the games - like a few extra sections, newer facilities, that kind of thing

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I've always thought the track design in Fusion was excellent. I'd like to see all of the tracks in a future Wipeout, Florian Heights would be great. The big drop would be ace, as Jabberjaw says.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

I'd also like to see the return of florian heights. I think course 3, forward was the best.
    I wasn't too fond of the two or three turbo jumps, leading up to the big fall though - I think they would be better as inclines in the track.
    Would be really cool to see a jump that big in HD or something though! I believe that was the highest jump in any of the WipEout series. (PMar projects jump was only a quarter of its height by my estimation).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The Sony EU/AUS/NZ site has posted this.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/.../td-p/16597785

Basically , what PS2 titles do you want to see remastered.

Fusion is there if you read back from this post

PSN ID
    bd1317

Florian Heights made such a great impression, being the first track and all. After only playing Wipeout 2097, I couldn't comprehend what loops and vertical drops would be like and it was such a shock when just after the first corner was a massive loop. This is a bit like what Wipeout 2048 did with the vertical ascent and descent on Empire Climb: a great first impression on the first map.

I do think that Course 3 would be best re-made because Course 1 is too short and Course 2 has that annoying instant elimantaion lava pit. However the fans should go, they'd be quite annoying with current physics.

I'd love to see Course 3 reworked for a future WipEout game... Without those irritating fan-jumps. Absolutely. Perhaps the verticle loop can be redesigned to be more like an inverted tear-drop shape rather than a proper circle. Furthermore. The off-road section in the canyon could be a bit more realistic, instead of feeling like one is flying through a toddler's sand box.