Thread: WipEout-esque iPhone game?

PSN ID
    n8thegreatest

Default WipEout-esque iPhone game?

For those of you with an iDevice or two: what game in the App Store comes closest to the look and feel of wipEout?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Hahahaha....

I really don't think you can nail the controls' feel with just a touch screen and gyroscopic sensor. Sorry if I was rude.

Oh, and welcome to the 'Zone

PSN ID
    n8thegreatest

Thanks for the welcome! : )

As for the comment, I'm not expecting any to "nail" the feel, I just asked which is closest.

Also, a Fling does miracles for tactile feedback on the iPhone and iPad. I believe it's more possible than you think.

Low gravity racer 2. It plays alright

Timezone
    GMT + 12

ground effect is ok, has 3D viewing options so if you got 3D glasses then the game will be alot better!

Low Grav Racer 2 is kind of like wipeout, but it feels like WipEout Fusion cause youre always stuck to the track.

kinda out of topic but when i learn programming at school i was looking forward to making a WipEout-ish game for iOS Devices

Oh and welcome to the forum Sweetdiss!

PSN ID
    n8thegreatest

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsBom View Post
    kinda out of topic but when i learn programming at school i was looking forward to making a WipEout-ish game for iOS Devices

Oh and welcome to the forum Sweetdiss!
    Thanks for the welcome!

And if you ever did successfully make a WipEout-ish game for ios, you would be a hero. As i'm sure you know, there are quite a few clones but none of them are very close, so the market is wide open.

Also, I'd suggest looking at Jet Car Stunts for inspiration on the controls.