Thread: What's with me and Split-Screen?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

Default What's with me and Split-Screen?

I can win a race, no doubt. But when I play split-screen, my brain fizzes out and I can't think. I sometimes forget to release the air brake or turn.

Got any tips?

That happens to me too. That's why I make time trials with my friends instead of playing split-screen.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

I don't really have much problems with split-screen,Since i was 4 i needed to play split-screen mario kart races with my brothers and friends and whoever wanted to play,so i got used to it

Try going for horizontally divided split-screen,or even try the vertical one if your already using it.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

It's because the frame rate drops signifcantly when in split-screen so your reflexes get messed up especially on Phantom class.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID

Figures, I like racing on high speed classes. And I usually set up the game.

What version? Some games (wo3) play perfect in SS, and smoothly, while others HD are very unsmooth.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID

HD Fury, figures too.

Yeah, I am WAY slower in split screen. It's horrible that it plays so poorly. Wipeout 3 is fantastic in split, 64 runs well, fusion runs well too. They all have far superior frame rates. If it had run smoothly, I would have played that more than the laggy online for sure.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

you know what IS fun Al...playing XL in phenetia with two pirhana lagging around that first corner lol

The lag there is slowdown, no frame skipping, so as bad as it is, at least you can make the turns. A hack to turn off the CPU ships in XL would be fantastic though

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Phatom split screen on HD is a challenge, got my girfriend addicted to it now so been playing my fair share of split screen HD. I'm fine up to Rapier but the lack of smoothness makes Phantom a bit tricky, feels like it screws up racing lines.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

funny thing is, i do better in Split screen races ( better times etc. ) i think im just used to, been playing split screen ever since i was little xD

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Am I imagining it or is there a significant difference between playing split screen on a SDTV with a standard connection, and via HMDI on a 1080pTV? Played some split screen the other night on my TV and yes, the framerate drop was annoying, but nowhere near as bad as on my friend's SDTV.

Some time ago I played split screen (Rapier) Elims with andyf53 on his SDTV, and it was simply unplayable, must have been about 10FPS or something. Or so it seemed

They say it's 30, but if wipeout XL is 30, and 2097 is 25, then I'd say a consistent 20 is where it is really at. It is playable, but disorienting after playing it smoothly in single player. They should have cut down the graphics to make it run smooth, instead of making it look pretty, but not be fun at all to play. Also, being able to get a turbo start would have been welcome. Adding a LAN option so lag wouldn't have been a factor would have been nice as well, making the HD multiplayer a blast to play in the same room.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Ah ha it's not just me then, I thought I was miss timing the button press for the turbo start, my split screen turbo start success rate isn't great.

Is it 0%, mine is in split screen.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Thinking about it off hand it quite possibly is 0, I think I'm going on a misson.