Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W3O-SE on PSP - legal and possible?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Question W3O-SE on PSP - legal and possible?

There was another thread with an analouge topic, but it is unfortunately closed...so I have to roll it up again, sorry:

Iīve got the original W3O-SE game disc, so I donīt think it is illegal to try to convert it to the PSP, but no matter how hard Iīve tried - it didnīt work.

First of all, Iīve tried to convert the data content into .iso format. This intention failed several times... Errors and other adversities. I donīt really have a clue, why.
    A program called PopstationGUI which should allow me to convert this game into PSP format, indicates no identification number (required to get the game running for the PSP, they say) for W3O-SE but W3O.
    Is this bold venture - to convert W3O-SE.iso to the PSP - possible at all?
    Does it only work for W3O? If so, Iīm gonna buy this version with elation!
    Is anyone out there who has done this successfully before?

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me a way to do this procedure properly

Thanks in advance!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yes it is, or once (?) was possible. I don’t use custom firmwares now, because basically I do not use my PSP that much anymore. And if I do, then I’m fine with Pure and Pulse, because in the end those are the games I use the console for almost all of the time when I prevent it from collecting dust.

I had WO3:SE on my fat PSP before I switched it for the Slim one, though. Music didn’t work as far as I can recall, sound effects did.

I have absolutely no clue how custom firmwares have changed within the last three or four years, but this board is not meant for any discussion related to that topic anyway.

But I’ve attached a few pictures just so you can dream about how nice it looks if it ever pops up in the PlayStation Store. I think I posted them elseware, but so what …
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Thank you, somehow ...but why is this board the wrong place for such a topic?
    This procedure isnīt illegal I think, so whatīs the problem?

Well, Iīll try it again and again till me or the fricking PSP drops!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

It's aginst the rules because whilst it is legal if you own the game, most people who read anything put up on here (through finding it in a Google search) or otherwise will not have the games.

Sausehuhn, do you happen to have the picture on the fourth attachment anywhere?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

It’s in the WO3-album you can find in my profile. But nonetheless, I better attach it (together with other artwork) because the board scales the images down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Thanks very much.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Thank you, mdhay! I think itīs a flawed logic, but well...I have to yield to these arguments, because of the rules.
    Therefore: Nevermind.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

It's simply to attempt to stem the piracy movement.

You can do it, although I'd look elsewhere, or, I can PM you about one method I tried to do with w3o, if that's still allowed, I'll ask a moderator.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

I would really appreciate your PM, thatīs for sure!
    Besides that, you know that I own an original W3O-SE disk - or better, I assure you I do, at least.
    You could ask a moderator, of course. On the other hand, itīs a PM and I think Iīm upright in this respect. Why determine a tempest in a teacup?

All I ever wanted is to play W3O-SE on the road. Nothing more - nothing less.
    Just for practice and fun...

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Yeah, I can send it in a PM, as you know.