Thread: Sony rolls out personal 3D goggle set.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Sony rolls out personal 3D goggle set.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gam...Most+Recent%29
    Edited Quote from above link:
    A shiny headset that lets you watch 3-D video, play video games or listen to music -- not to mention looking at home on an extra from your favorite sci-fi film -- is on the way.

Sony on Wednesday announced the HMZ-T1, a head-mounted "personal 3-D viewer," will be rolled out later this year.

The headset includes a pair of goggles housing a 0.7-inch, high-definition OLED panel that Sony says is the equivalent of a 62-foot virtual screen.

It includes virtual surround-sound and can be used for watching movies or other videos, listening to music and playing video games (we're assuming they'd prefer you to do so on the PlayStation, although they say the headset is hardware-neutral).

"This new 3-D viewing style provided by 'HMZ-T1' will enable users to enjoy the movie theater-like experience whilst relaxing on their living room sofa, thus further expanding Sony's 3-D world," the company wrote Wednesdayin a news release.

The headset will be released in Japan (where else?) on November 11 for the equivalent of about $780, according to Sony. No release dates for other countries were given.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Pretty expensive...guess it would appeal to some people though.

Personally, when I spend that much on something I like to be able to use it with others. Rather then just me.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

A Tron disc for eyes? NICE!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

It'll be interesting to see how technologies like these develop over the next few years, but at the moment it's an expensive novelty, and by the sounds of it pretty uncomfortable.

Ten years from now though, you can imagine it will be like wearing a pair of glasses, and cost half the price

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I know it's a lot more advanced, but I see that and all I can think of is Virtual Boy