Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty / Modern Warfare 3

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by RedScar View Post
    EA account = origin.
    Fixed. Nowadays for all new games that's how it will be.

They should've sent you an e-mail that looked like this.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Martin - EA responded to the inactivity thing earlier in the month. They will only delete inactive accounts if nothing has been bought with them. If you've bought any games or any DLC with the account it will not be removed due to inactivity.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Aaah, sorta improves the situation, they're still dicks, though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

It would see I have such an email DD777, went to my junk email XD. Touche

@ Mdhay, and any large gaming company isn't? Activision forcing steam on me with MW2 and BO is still a huge sticking point and why I now refuse to buy any of their products, MW3 or otherwise. DICE and EA gave me BF2, quite possibly my favorite game of all time. It had (and still has some) flaws. They however made large attempts to fix them. The broken spawn system and completely unbalanced gameplay elements in MW2 and BO are still there and take forever for even small tweaks to come about. I was fooled twice already by them, and I don't plan being fooled a third time.

I know we obviously have different opinions, so lets agree to disagree and just conclude that big business and games mixed is bad for gamers when its comes to EA/Activision.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Believe me RedScar, I wasn't planning to disagree with you. This is the industry now, and as much as I'd like to say that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, there probably won't be. But anyway, I'm delrailing this thread.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Well Mdhay, its looks like I owe you an apology as you are 100% right. Looking further into this Origin talk, and come across this,

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...ycotting_will/

Defiantly pissed, although not enough to cancel my pre-order. Have to do some more research, but as one of the users in that link posted, this is illegal in Canada so I can only hope the EULA is different for me. Pre-order is defiantly on the chopping block now.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

You don't.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Turns out EA can monitor you and scan your hard drive using Origin (link to EULA (.pdf), link to PixelsorDeath article).
    Now remember, they will eventually make you use Origin, with retail and digital purchasing, now there will be those who don't mind, but it is an invasion of privacy, if you're not comfortable, do not buy any future releases from them.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

or use sandboxie, a free-ware that isolates origin from the rest of your HDD!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Good to see that there's software to isolate it, about time these companies learned their place.