Thread: WipeoutZoneVideo (New youtube channel)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default WipeoutZoneVideo (New youtube channel)

Ten years ago, Rob launched Wipeoutzone and over the years has brought together a huge amount of pilots. With them, those pilots have brought what is, at times, an overwhelming passion for the game we all know and love. We all know that, aside from a few issues, this place is full of positivity, dedication and creativity. But sometimes this won't reach it's target audience. So the time has come to spread our wings and fly high into the world of viral video.

I put the idea to Rob for a WipeoutZone video channel and he kindly gave me permission to use the site's name for this project. Two weeks, a crash course in video editing, and lots of typing later:

Click the link to go to the channel and see the introduction video.

Aims
    -To get the message of Wipeout's brilliance to a new audience.
    -To get the forum's creative efforts out there into the wider online world.
    -To get new fans so that the game will not dwindle in the face of recent events in the Wipeout world.

Hopefully, by banding together and giving our efforts some focus, we can achieve the above, and a lot more, and perhaps give this game some of the exposure it's never had, but really deserves.

Content
    All content, aside from in game video capture, will be user generated. So it will really be a team effort to make something of this. Content will be used in such a way that the channel never hogs the limelight, always with the aim of generating more page views and interest for those who contribute.

Credit will always be given to all contributors in videos. Links will be provided to the source of their material in the video description (see above link to launch video for an example), and in annotations on the video if suitable.

How you can contribute
    Go to the forum social group to start contributing.
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=68
    There are endless ways to contribute:
    -Create videos
    -Create playlists of the best videos for use on the channel
    -Create music for use in our videos
    -Add to the archive of clips and music that can be used, collecting permissions from individuals to use their work.
    -Share your ideas
    -Just generally commenting and liking videos is always helpful
    -Anything else you can think of
    -Etc
    -Add our channel to the 'other channel' section of your own youtube channel.

For more comprehensive information, see the social group here.

That's it. I hope this can yield some great results from our combined effort in the future. Be sure to subscribe, add the channel as a friend, comment and like the videos, as it all helps to make them more popular.

Coming soon(ish)(hopefully):

-Round up of WipEout HD Cup first round results
    -Hints and tips video for beginners
    -WipEout HD Worldwind Tours
    -Music from XpanDrome

Big thanks to:
    Rob for creating WZ, sticking with it, asking me to be a moderator, and giving me permission to start this project.
    Unctuous - for allowing me to use his awesome music in the launch video
    novide - for creating the brilliant logo animation
    And NathanCaldecott@deviantART - for creating and making available his Wipeout fonts used in the video.

love the intro music to the video..id unct make it himself...
    also the whole cahnel looks so proffessional ..big well done to mr saturn for getting it up..if i get time i wanna make some things for it..

Timezone
    GMT -5

Thanks, SaturnReturn for making such great videos!

Nice work bro

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

Woo! When I heard the news I was so happy! It's gonna be awesome!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Great work! Your achievements are truly commendable!

PSN ID
    skynet_t_X

congratulations¡¡¡, thanks for making it so fantastic we love wipeout, I congratulate all on wipeout zone

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    cprosick

Thumbs up Yeah

I like it, GREAT work ppl.

I'm always working on Reason4 (musics),,I don't have Vid equip for vids, but I'll enjoy them

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Milestones

At some point between Thursday 17th and Friday 18th March 2011, the WipEoutZoneVideo youtube channel reached two milestones:
    1. We reached 100 subscribers.
    2. We achieved 1,000 video views on the "Welcome to WipEoutZone" intro video.

WipEout videos don't get a lot of views in general, and there are some videos of really astonishing performances in WipEout games, which have been around a long time which still have fewer than 1,000 views, so this is really positive for the future of the channel.

Progress has stalled a little as I have been lacking free time and so far haven't had any other contributions. But I think some people still have things in the pipeline and once I have a bit more spare time I can work on some ideas I have as well.

In the mean time, if anyone has things they want to contribute then please stop by the social group. If you would like to make a video but don't have the ability to record then there are surely plenty of people that can try and capture footage for you if you ask. It's supposed to be a community project so all are welcome to get involved.
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=68

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I will definitely be keeping a watch on this thread... I just started getting into wipeout hd about a week ago even though Ive had it on my ps3 for over a year. Will be downloading fury sometime today and hope to get good enough to race online and not embarass myself... BTW, I need wipeouit friends so if anyone has any space on their friends list please add Greenymac.

Also I'm pretty sure that i helped push these videos you are speaking of the last couple weeks. Ive been watching all the guys who have good vids up especially hellfire-WZ, darkdrium, and woopzilla. Sure wish I had known how addictive this game is awhile back when the community was more active.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 21st March 2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Merged double post - please use edit function.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Well thanks for the support greenymac.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

What are you guys using for video capture?
    I'm building a new Win7 64bit PC, mainly because that's what you need to run any of Adobe's CS5 software versions.
    I've tried a TV capture card with a PS3 before on an old PC running Vegas pro, but the quality left a lot to be desired, plus it was slow, so I basically canned using it pretty much after starting.

After searching the web I'm thinking about one these BlackMagic Design Intensity Shuttle's.
    http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

They seem pretty well priced for what they do.
    Anybody got or used one of these or has any other recommendations around the same price US/AUS $200?

I had a grand plan for a Wipeout HD/Fury- Barrel Roll/ shortcut Encyclovidia.

Where each track would be videoed as a fly over in cockpit view first [about as far as I got ]
    Then, edited in would be little markers along the track where the starting point for BR's that can be performed.
    I envisioned it so that you would click on that marker and a embedded video/videos of that BR would then play, also telling you at what speed it can be done at, and if a turbo or anything else needed to be used to do it, also if it was linkable to another BR etc.
    Maybe even a rating for each for effectiveness and difficulty as well.

As you can see it was very ambitious.

If you read through the first 15 pages of the videos thread you will see it was discussed years ago.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

sounds interesting !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

BW - that doesn't sound too ambitious. The most difficult part will be finding the time. Lots of people could contribute to this quite easily in various ways.

I have an idea or two about how to do it pretty simply, but will save that for a discussion thread elsewhere rather than the announcement section.

If you want you can make a thread in the social group about it, but not many people will notice it as it's so out of the way. Maybe create one in the HD section and then everyone could contribute.

I record on a hauppauge HDPVR. There is a thread in the off-topic section, started by Lance, about video capture that you might want to check out.

PSN ID
    subtotal

just checked out the youtube WZ channel

the way you have done the selection bit is very,very impressive

nice one

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I've made a trailer for WipEout Fury using that song from DiRT3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az3KE...el_video_title

You may want to use it in the channel as an ad for people to download for welcome back.
    Last edited by icarasDragon; 5th June 2011 at 03:44 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I wonder...
    Is it even possible to do a WipEout Machinima video?