Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JX350 RP OOC (Out-of-character) chat and information

Default JX350 RP OOC (Out-of-character) chat and information

Please Read This First

Well first of all, another first-to-read - FEISAR is in charge of these threads and as such his rules for Role-Playing are law and must be followed as such. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7840)

Welcome to the first WipEout RPG I'm running with the blessing of MetaKraken and F.E.I.S.A.R. I've not had a huge amount of experience in this particular field, but I do confess to having run a Star Fox RPG back when I was a lot younger, so I have some experience with sci-fi settings, barrel rolls and female pilots in jumpsuits just a leeetle too tight for them. I've done more non fan-based ones since as well.

The idea for this RP, if you didn't quite follow the introductory post, is that there will be a season run for junior pilots (age 16-25) alongside the FX500 (Fury) league using FX350 (HD)-ready ships from a number of manufacturers, some with a large presence in the FX500 and some as privateers using old chassis designs built up to legal specifics.

I will take two characters in this play - one being a pilot and the other being Krystian Atkinson, the man organised by the AG-racing commission to organise the JX350, with the result that I will be making most of the announcements on the races - but if needed I can fill a slot for the pilots necessary as well.

Given that there are people here of higher rank than me, all moderators can assume the role of any important member of the AG-racing commission as one of Krystian's superiors to tell him to please desist, or if I'm away for a long while, to take my role.

Races can be organised either by simple 2d6 rolls over a common chat such as on the WipEout rankings site, or by actual races on the tracks in question. This will be limited to HD ships for those wishing to race, not negotiable. Certain ships or teams on the tracks will not be available as actual HD choices, so substitutes may be made. Custom teams (if you are making one) should indicate which ship chassis is being used. Note that for monetary reasons, Qirex and Icaras cannot issue their ships for private use.

All pilot profiles must be posted here in the same form as my own. Doesn't need to be too long, but try and do at least two or three paragraphs. Also avoid making too 'perfect' a character in the form of a mary-sue. Make sure there's something not quite right about your character, that'd make him dislikeable.

During the ongoing RP, I'd like to try and keep as much out-of-character chat to this thread as possible. Big questions about the plot should be here, though feel free to add clarifications to your post using the square brackets. []

This isn't meant to be a one-liner RP, so do not post in stage directions form, particularly not with actions outlined with stars *indicates how so*. Please put your post into at least a good paragraph, with good spelling and grammar with some decent description. Don't feel you -have- to meet the previous poster's requirements, but if they're posting two paragraphs to your two lines each time, it may be worth having a re-think and trying harder.

We need eight pilots to begin the RP at least. The more the merrier, of course. We can organise who goes into what event, but I'm thinking keep eight pilots to a series, which will keep it easier. Of course, there's bound to be some problems, so if the case is with difficulties connecting, take it to me or do 1-on-1s in the specified format, and record your times. Best time wins.

*wipes brow* Ok, all that's over with. Now onto some profiles.

---

Entry List

Harimau Cadets:
    1]
    2]
    3]

Van-Uber Racing:
    4] Mercutian De Gautet () (Challenger #001)
    5]
    6]
    7]

FEISAR Study:
    8] Ben Denso () (UB3R~JKP)
    9]
    10]

MAGEC (Mirage Junior Squad):
    11]
    12]
    13] Marek Al-Khal'ed () (MetaKraken)

Xios (EG-X Junior Squad):
    14] Lucas Watt () (icarasDragon)
    15]

‘Boot Camp’ (Triakis Junior Squad):
    16] Adrianna Zachowitz () (MetaKraken)

Friends in Speed (AG-Systems Junior Squad):
    17] Aimi Yoshiko () (Light Buster)
    18] Parker Boots () (AG-SYSTEMS)

(Privateer):
    19] Vivianna Santina () (MetaKraken)

Auricom Academy:
    20]
    21]

‘The Young Cubs’ (Assegai Junior Squad):
    22]
    23]

(Privateer):
    24]
    25]

Quantax Dynamics (Qirex Junior Squad):
    26]

(Privateer):
    27]
    28]

Amazon Fury (Unofficial Piranha Junior Squad):
    29]

(Privateer):
    30]
    31]

Horus Rising (Icaras Junior Squad):
    32]

Goteki 35 (Goteki 45 Junior Squad):
    33]
    34]
    35]

Tigron (Privateer):
    36]
    Last edited by MetaKraken; 15th March 2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Adding a little something for Challenger

Pilot Profile:

Name: Mercutian De Gautet
    Nationality: German
    Team: Van-Uber Racing
    Personal Details:
    Mercutian was born on the Swiss border with Germany to an enterprising father with his nose in AntiGravity Racing. A fan since the F9000 days, and sad to see the season go, he began to enrol his more athletically inclined son into local AG-kart races and academies where the young man from outside Stuttgart slowly began to impress. Teachers often said he didn't have the raw talent that the best AG-racers were made of, but he learned well and would be a good pilot none the less.

Mercutian is a very quiet man with an adversion to loud noises - hence why he tends to wear his helmet at all possible times, though he at least makes sure to raise his visor to talk with people eye-to-eye. He is a big fan of Zone events, though his actual racing lines can sometimes be poor. His determination has seen many comebacks from poor position, but it seems the top slot has almost always been just from his grasp.

Racing History:
    After a victory at the Swiss National AG-kart championships he was given an offer from Van-Uber racing during the start of the FX250 league to stay in as a backup pilot behind Yves Touati and Loralai Sventa in the main league. When FX300 arrived with the mention of a junior league, Mercutian got the #1 seat at Van-Uber alongside a young Korean pilot who'd missed the cut for an AG-Systems entry. Unfortunately for De Gautet, Park So-Gun took the first ever JX200 championship and was instantly snapped up by Goteki 45 for FX350. It didn't help that with EG-X's arrival in the main league, Van-Uber got pushed down into uniquely fielding ships for the junior leagues. V-U's pilots either took the valuable junior seats or moved onto other forms of AG-sport.

Mercutian got close last year when he ran Ishak Bin Yusof very close indeed to the final win, but he failed at the last hurdle when the Van Uber caught a lucky rocket from the Tigron ship and he was left with no points for the final round. He recovered reasonably quickly from this setback though, and began practicing even harder for this season. He looks like he will be a formidable force on the track.

Personnel Profile:

Name: Krystian Atkinson
    Nationality: Danish
    Personal Details:
    Always a man with a habit for trying to prove himself, Krystian used to be a marshal at Cubiss Float F9000 track, helping to organise the quick rescue of ships in the treacherous and unpopular ice caves when few others would take such an offer.

The F9000 board of executives began to see the promise in the young nordic and promoted him more and more to senior positions around Cubiss Float, keeping him occupied with the smooth running of the event. It paid off, as before long more people became eager to go to Switzerland for the events that Atkinson put on. Another oddity about this man in he F9000 was that he was completely and utterly unable to be bribed. He would turn down any offers to fix races and reported them to the Commission.

Though this lost him his job quickly thanks to Overtel's meddling, the elder members of the Commission didn't forget his work when they came to re-start AG racing twelve years later, and hired him as a chief event organiser. By the time FX500 rolled around, it was decided that he would organise the JX350 event, much to the applause of everyone save the Tigron runners.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

PILOT PROFILE

NAME: Lucas Watt
    NATIONALITY: Australian
    TEAM: Xios (EG-x juniors)
    BIOGRAPHY:
    Lucas was a typical boy, albeit with some the highest marks in computers at the MAGEC prelim test, he never really wanted to be a race pilot execpt that if he did get in the FX-350, he'd be the only Tasmanian in the pro leagues. His friends and his father pressed the point by buying a Race Simulator from the commision for his 13th birthday.
    After a few years of playing with it the link from this particular Simulator was posting record times with EG-x sims to the race comission, and EG-X observed this, finally sending a message upon bootup saying that he was invited to the JX-350
    PERSONALITY REPORT

Lucas is a bit of a headstrong boy, trying to prove his point when he knows he is right. Lucas is also quite likable, having quite a few friends and quite a intellect
    END PROFILE
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 30th December 2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Posts glued together ;)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I'm 14 going on 15. Can I have my character's age as 15?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Pilot Profile:

Name: Adrianna Zachowitz
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Team: Triakis Junior Squad
    Personal Details:
    Zachowitz was born in a small island, but has recently moved to Wellington and has participated in most AG Racing series, making her an all-around pilot. To date, she is the only team who has been part of the 'Boot Camp' team and the New Zealander never takes no for an answer when it comes to participating in races, including tournaments.

Adrianna is one of the most determined pilot and is also enthusiastic, albeit her mistakes she commits when navigating through harrowing corners, thus costing her win. Despite this, that has never stopped the New Zealander from attempting to grab first place, since she could acheive the win at any cost.

Racing History:

At the AG-kart racing exhibition for the first time, Adrianna was off to a rough start, nearly losing her first win. She was dissapointed for her efforts, but that didn't stopped her from trying again. Her second attempt was the same as her first time, but she did managed to gain her confidence and finished third overall in the AG-kart race.

She was invited to join the Triakis Junior team, which has also boosted the young woman's confidence when she was pitted into a racing simulator. When she first participated the JX350 league, she overwhels everyone in the race by performing nearly perfect barrel rolls, and even though she did not win, Adrianna never lost confidence, especially when competing in Tournament events.
    Last edited by MetaKraken; 31st December 2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Spell checking (big thanks to Challenger for pointing me out)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I have WipEout PulsE (No DLC Bought yet) and HD with the FURY DLC Tracks if you needed to know Challenger 1. I also made a XIOS EG-X Junior Squad skin: http://postimage.org/image/141i82p38/ http://postimage.org/image/2lqtkeq3o/
    Last edited by icarasDragon; 1st January 2011 at 07:13 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

Pilot Profile:

Name: Marek Al-Khal'ed
    Nationality: Jordanian
    Team: MAGEC (Mirage Junior Squad)
    Personal Details:

Raised by grandparents from Aqaba, who had recently watched the F9000 series before the season collapsed, Marek was taught and learned by his tutor in the AG-Kart, which had helped him acheive better skill and "luck", in which he relies on the most.

The Jordanian is also an oddity on the grid of every race he partakes; while he is a novice pilot around the JX350 season, he is known for his sudden aggression when it comes to taking part in Eliminator events and is not kind towards other pilots, knowing that he has a short-temper attitude. Strangely enough, he is calm after he has finished the event and isn't afraid to speak during the conference. He seemingly dislikes Mercutian De Gautet of Van-Uber Racing.

Racing History:

Marek's first AG-kart in an exhibition race at Amman were above-average after taking his second place in the FX250 race. However, he was attacked by aggressive pilots in an Eliminator event, which has caused him to snap and retaliate by "returning the favor" for the other pilots. Despite inflicting such damage against other teams, Marek was unable to claim his first win, although fans were shocked to witness the Jordanian's sudden raw aggression right after the race.

The MAGEC team found him to be an interesting pilot and that his switch of emotions would help him benefit his first victory at the JX350 league and its no doubt that Marek will do whatever it takes to claim his first victory, no matter the cost.
    Last edited by MetaKraken; 17th November 2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Minor details

I think it'd be easier if we all just took one pilot each for now. We need eight before the RP can really start going.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Pilot Profile
    Name: Ben Denso
    Nationality: Scottish
    Info: Born into a decent sized family Ben Denso is grandson to allstar pilot Jake Denso of the 2097 series. So far from his family there are 3 pilots (all his siblings) and he hopes to join their ranks. However he has been told numerous times that he is only good enough for the amateur ranks and as a result he was forced to train himself up...then he got the chancwe from FEISAR STUDY...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

I'm wondering if we would start the OOC chat and information from different teams. Since Van-Uber's Team Profile was out, I'm wondering if one of the Mirage Junior Squad pilots has something to say.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Question: Can we make two characters? I'll delete one if that's a no...

Name: Aimi Yoshiko

Nationality: Japanese

Team: Friends of Speed (AG-Systems Junior Team)

Personality: Aimi Yoshiko is a high spirited and cheerful girl that loves her family, friends, and her passion for racing and every aspect of technology. In races, she'll use shortcuts whenever possible and she'll discard/absorb weapons when in the lead unless she has a defensive weapon (such as the Shield and Mines). She'll rarely use Auto-Pilot and she always follows the rules. She also has a dislike of technical courses and high speed classes though she still does it anyways.

History: Aimi Yoshiko loved to race. She always love to race though these days, anyone would take whatever it took to win. Aimi wasn't like that, she always raced for honor for her family. Not for the money but for her family's name and she always done it the hard way. Her family always took the path of the agile, racing for either FEISAR or AG-Systems. Aimi was first attracted to FEISAR due to their craft's lighting reflexes and their superior handling but because she loved her country and her friends recommended that she joined AG-Systems to represent her country as well as her family's honor, so she joined their Junior team in hopes that she'll become their top pilot and meet the pilots of AG-Systems and join their ranks. She has mastered the many techniques in her family's bloodline. Her skills are up to par. Despite her vast knowledge of the tracks, her air-braking is sometimes overused, and her side-shifting is underused, though her barrel rolls somewhat make it up. Despite the drawbacks, she was still a good competitor in racing. Aimi is ready for the JX350...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Won't be in RP unless otherwise. But if anyone want to use him, hit me with a PM.)

Name: Jacob Conner

Nationality: American

Team: Auricom Academy

Personality: Jacob is just like his father, he is one of those men who puts family and friends above anything else. He isn't one of those technical racers but he can somewhat keep up in technical races. Other than his attempts to improve on handling his craft and getting around corners, he is a good pilot.

History: Jacob was born in the family of racers with his father, James Conner, being the greatest American pilot for Auricom during the FX350 and the FX400 series. Jacob wanted to be like his father, and his father taught him how to race. Jacob started in the AG-Kart series before his father taught him how to race in the simulators. Then at the age of 15, Auricom Academy took interest in James' son and James agreed to put Jacob in Auricom, which Jacob kindly accepted since he always wanted to be like his father. At the age of 17, Jacob had became Auricom's prodigy for the team and after graduating from one of the best high schools in the world, Auricom hopes that he'll shoot for the top in the JX350 series (and hope to get rid of the embarrassment of their losses in the FX350 and FX400).
    Last edited by Light Buster; 30th October 2011 at 01:45 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

As Challenger mentioned, you should pick at least only one pilot for the team until at least eight people can join up for the JX350 RP. So, might wanna pick either one of the pilots you posted just now.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Okay, I'll be using the first one then.
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 19th October 2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: No quoting post that is directly above,thank you very much...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

Edit-Because this will never get started, I've removed my pilot profile. And I've lost interest.
    Last edited by AG-SYSTEMS; 10th April 2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Towel throw in due to it never happening and I've lost interest.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Challenger, my character has chosen to race for AG-Systems.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

A little thing I should tell you Light Buster. Your charater seems like a "May Sue".

To qoute Challenger #001
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger #001 View Post
    Also avoid making too 'perfect' a character in the form of a mary-sue. Make sure there's something not quite right about your character, that'd make him dislikeable.
    Add some kind of personalty trait that makes her a bit dis-likable.

It's good, your just missing that.

And no, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your character.
    Last edited by AG-SYSTEMS; 22nd October 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Fixed, gave my character some weaknesses.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 23rd October 2011 at 12:27 AM.

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

--> Assegai Developments

Also, a character:

Pilot Profile -

Name: 'Crusher' Cortinez
    Nationality: Mexican/English
    Team: None at the moment
    Personal Details:
    One big guy. Most likely the biggest pilot in the JX series. Probably more well known for his success in the WHDL (World Hover Derby Leagues) but he has done a wide variety of Hoversports. No one knows his first name, so his nickname filled that place. His previous team fired him for 'weight issues' and he's currently being considered by Assegai Developments. Quite friendly, which very much contrasts his build...
    Racing History:
    Very destructive. One of the best eliminator pilots in the JX series. Loses races by tiny margins due to 'heavy steering'. Can win races if enough firepower can be collected!
    Last edited by Killercrusher232; 13th December 2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: He's now 11 years younger!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

@Killercrusher That's a great character but you should lower the age to 25 as the maximum age is 25. Just saying though...