Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Casual 2-on-2 Challenge Thread (Test)

Default Casual 2-on-2 Challenge Thread (Test)

First of all, to get everything out of the way, I have no idea if this is going to become a regular feature or not. I'm simply giving this a go because of the popularity of the last doubles league and interest from people on the 1v1 thread. I have no idea whether or not this is going to take off. Personally, I'm preparing myself for the worst, but hoping for the best. ^^;

---

One of the apparently most popular staples on the board last year was the 2v2 championship, but as is regular knowledge, we have had an influx of new pilots wanting more races and a couple of the old ones have dropped out. Given the presence of the looming WipEout HD Cup, it's not going to be easy to run a full championship for either the teams or countries as much as there has been great interest in it. So instead I've decided to open up my 1v1 Challenge idea to a greater audience.

I understand that these are going to be much harder to organise, so please, for everyone's sake, read the rules!

-A team may be made up of any two pilots who have initially agreed upon their partnership through a remnant of the old thread, or by prior agreement over PMs or on the thread as a direct offer to another pilot.

e.g. Pilot 1 wishes to enter a doubles race. He looks for his friend, Pilot 2, and requests to join forces. Pilot 2 agrees.

-You are not limited to one team-mate. You may swap at will, including the possibility of racing against your old team-mate. AG-Racing is a cut throat business after all. ;3

-The new found team-mates choose their tracks. Each pilot picks two tracks to race on. These may be:

A standard race that may be any track, at any speed class, in any direction, with weapons on or off, with any number of laps.

OR

A green race that is raced at Phantom Level for 7 laps on any track, with only Autopilot, Turbo and Shield allowed to be used. Any other weapons must be absorbed.

OR

An Eliminator at Target 200, at any track, at any speed class, in any direction.

OR

A Zone Battle at any tracks with the following Zone Targets:
    Pure 4 and Anulpha Pass (50)
    Vineta K and Moa Therma (45)
    Metropia and The Amphiseum (40)
    Modesto Heights, Tech de Ra, Sol 2 and Ubermall (35)
    Sebenco Climb, Chenghou Project and Talon's Junction (30)

-The same track must not be repeated within the team's four tracks in either direction.

-The teams pick their ships. This is perfectly open to you to decide between HD and Fury ships, but you must stick with these choices throughout your races. No changing. In addition, the following restrictions apply.

AG-Systems may not ally with Triakis
    Icaras may not ally with Goteki 45
    Qirex may not ally with Auricom

-One of the two posts on this thread with the details of their challenge in a clear, well-listed format.

e.g. Pilot 1 and Pilot 2 await a challenge!

We will fly the Piranha Fury and the FEISAR Fury

Pilot 1's tracks:
    Vineta K Forward, Venom Race, Weapons On
    Anulpha Pass Forward, Flash Race, Weapons On

Pilot 2's tracks:
    Moa Therma Reverse, Rapier Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps
    Chenghou Project Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons Off

-If another pilot or two pilots think the challenge is worth taking up, they can confirm their partnership over Private Messages.

e.g. Pilot 3 and Pilot 4 have both expressed their interest and 1 and 2's challenge. 4 then messages 3 to set up a team.

-One of the two pilots then posts in a reply that SPECIFICALLY STATES which challenge they are accepting in a similar thread.

e.g. Pilot 3 and Pilot 4 accept Pilot 1 and Pilot 2's challenge!

We will fly the Icaras HD and the Mirage Fury

Pilot 3's Tracks:
    Metropia Reverse, Flash Eliminator, Target 200
    Sebenco Climb Forward, Zone Battle, Target 30

Pilot 4's Tracks:
    Ubermall Forward, Zone Battle, Target 35
    Sol 2 Reverse, Green Race

-All pilots should then message the person who idealised the challenge initially (Pilot 1), explaining all the dates and times within the coming week that they will be available to play WipEout HD Fury online for at least an hour. If possible, try and keep it to the weekends and Friday. If possible, state your times GMT.

-Pilot 1 is then responsible for hosting a room five minutes before the set time set to 'invite only'. Pilot 1 should also ideally make a chat room for the race, or alternatively use the Avalon Lounge. In that case, if you are in the Avalon Lounge and are not participating in the 2v2 match, please have the decency to either stay quiet and spectate until the end, or leave.

-If you have not arrived 15 minutes after the set time, your team forfeits the races you would have taken part in and the challenge goes ahead regardless.

e.g. Pilot 4 has not turned up for the races 15 minutes after the dedicated start time and has not messaged in advance to explain that he is running late. Pilot 4's races are therefore said to have been won by the opposing team, and Pilot 3 must fly on his own against Pilots 1 and 2.

-After all the individual pilots' races have been raced, it is possible that there is still a draw. This is where the standard race comes in. This race is NOT NEGOTIABLE and MUST BE RACED.

The standard race is SEBENCO CLIMB FORWARDS, RAPIER RACE, WEAPONS OFF

-When the race is done, thank your opponents and post the results on this thread in again, a clear, concise format. The points allocation is as follows: 5 points for 1st, 3 points for 2nd, 2 points for 3rd and 1 point for last place.

e.g.

Pilot 1/Pilot 2 vs Pilot 3/Pilot 4

Pilot 1's tracks:
    Vineta K Forward, Venom Race, Weapons On: 1, 3 , 4, 2,
    Anulpha Pass Forward, Flash Race, Weapons On: 3 , 1, 4, 2

Pilot 2's tracks:
    Moa Therma Reverse, Rapier Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps: 2, 3, 4, 1
    Chenghou Project Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons Off: 2, 4, 1, 3

Pilot 3's Tracks:
    Metropia Reverse, Flash Eliminator, Target 200: 3, 1, 4, 2
    Sebenco Climb Forward, Zone Battle, Target 30: 4,1, 2, 3

Pilot 4's Tracks:
    Ubermall Forward, Zone Battle, Target 35: 4, 2, 1, 3
    Sol 2 Reverse, Green Race: 2, 4, 3, 1

Standard Race:
    Sebenco Climb Forward, Rapier Race, Weapons Off: 2, 3, 4, 1

Total Team 1: 21+28 = 49
    Total Team 2: 24+26 = 50

Victory for Team 2 (Pilots 3+4)!

-Any connection issues should be dealt with when it comes to it. For example, if Pilot 1 is having connection issues, he should pass hosting duties to Pilot 2. If it is still causing problems, allow Pilot 3 and then Pilot 4 to try hosting. If you suffer several (i.e. more than 2) disconnections, the match is called off for another time.

-Have Fun!
    Last edited by Challenger #001; 11th November 2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Points System

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TwitchySpitfire

Challenger, I'd be willing to be your team-mate. We should do Pirhana Fury and EG-X Fury versus the opposing team.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Nice, but why don't we use the ingame tournament function to count points? Otherwise the only thing that matters is who finishes 1st.

e.g.

Pilot 1: 32 points
    Pilot 2: 64 points
    Team 1: 96 points

Pilot 3: 48 points
    Pilot 4: 40 points
    Team 2: 88 points

Team 1 wins!

Miiiight be a better idea come to think of it, Jav. I was trying to keep it simple, but bearing in mind we're using teams it'll work better. Thanks for the input. ^^

---

Challenger #001 and TwitchySpitfire await a challenge!
    We will fly the Piranha Fury and the EG-X Fury

Challenger's's tracks:
    Vineta K Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons Off
    Corridon 12, Zone Battle, Target 50

Twitchy's tracks:
    Moa Therma Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps
    Chenghou Project Reverse, Rapier Eliminator, Target 200
    Last edited by Challenger #001; 10th November 2010 at 01:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

IDReaper and Javariko accept Challenger #001 and TwitchySpitfire's challenge!

We will fly Mirage Fury and Harimau Fury

IDReaper's Tracks:
    Metropia Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps
    Modesto Heights, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps

Jav's Tracks:
    Ubermall Reverse, Rapier Race, Weapons On, 5 Laps
    Sol 2, Phantom Race, Weapons On
    Last edited by IDReaper; 10th November 2010 at 11:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Cool

Btw we have 2 GMT-5's, 1 GMT 0 and 1 GMT+1.

I'm on most nights so shouldn't be an issue if Challenger is cool with evening/night, that way we can all get on at respectable local times. Perhaps 10pm GMT 0? What about Friday people?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TwitchySpitfire

The time sounds good to me. We may need to give challenger a soda for the races.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Woop and me are interested in partnering up for this, but we need a little more clarification on the points system. I see that you've got a system going on the first post Chal, but it's heavily dependant on who finishes 1st only.

Wink

Friday at 10? It's a date. ;3

And as for the calls for a point system, your wish is my command.

5 points for 1st
    3 points for 2nd
    2 points for 3rd
    1 point for 4th

As you can see in the example above, proves for much closer racing. ;3 I'll probably have to enforce that everyone brings along a pen and paper though so they can record the scores for double-checks at the end. ;3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    QjonPL

Maybe you can use a speedway scoring system (it's 2vs2 duels too ):
    1st 3p
    2nd 2p
    3rd 1p
    4th 0 points

I thought about that, but I thought that a first position is more valuable than a second, so I gave it a points boost - so I would have had 4-2-1-0, but then I also thought it was a bit demoralising getting no points having made the effort to turn up and all. So I boosted the scores by one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm not sure I understand the reason for the point system. Isn't it now exactly the same now as the standard scoring system, just that every player gets 3 fewer points per race, so it's all offset equally? First place still earns two more points than second. With fourth still getting a single point, this is what makes it focused on first place, because one player could come first in every race/event, and as long as their teammate is there to pick up the one point, then they'll win. This was discussed in the doubles thread when it was to be revived.

I don't think it's a big deal for a casual fun thing like this at all, and don't want to derail anything by starting a big discussion about it, but on the surface it looks the same as always, so it would seem to make sense to just use the standard system to make life easier, as normal races will already be in that format and only ZB or eliminator events will have to be added on.

I sent a message to Saturn, but so this doesn't become a huge on-topic discussion, the idea of low points is so that DNF's don't count as severely towards the points total.

In other news, I decided to have a go at using a universally acclaimed psychic prediction scheme to find out the winner of our race. And the result?
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Haha, funny Chal. Paul has got it wrong before though...

PSN ID
    hacenetchik

Exclamation hacenetchik and AiiRW0LFawait a challenge

hacenetchik and AiiRW0LF await a challenge!

We will fly the Assegai Fury and the Feisar Fury

hacenetchik's tracks:
    Talon junction Forward, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps
    Talon junction Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps

AiiRW0LF's tracks:
    Ubermall Forward, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps
    Ubermall Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps

Big thanks to challenger for making this 2vs2 thread back to life !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

yeah big thanks challenger for bringing back to life the double league (here). If Feisar-CSY is still up for that (my double partner), I'm up to play some in a near future.

this is a good idea..i like team type events..that way i have someone to blame when i fail to perform

good idea challenger1

@challenger1...lol at your paul the octopus pic..shame he died in real life...RIP paul

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I'm free till the end of the year,except from the 6th to 9th of Dec because of a Choir festival.Count me in.

Challenger #001/TwitchySpitfire vs Javariko/IDReaper

Challenger #001's tracks:
    Vineta K Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons Off: ID - Jav - Chal - Twitch
    Corridon 12, Zone Battle, Target 50: Jav - Chal - ID - Twitch

TwitchySpitfire's tracks:
    Moa Therma Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps: ID - Jav - Chal - Twitch
    Chenghou Project Reverse, Rapier Eliminator, Target 200: Jav - Twitch - ID - Chal

Javariko's Tracks:
    Metropia Reverse, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps: ID - Chal - Jav - Twitch
    Modesto Heights, Phantom Race, Weapons On, 10 Laps: ID - Jav - Twitch - Chal

IDReaper's Tracks:
    Ubermall Reverse, Rapier Race, Weapons On, 5 Laps: ID - Jav - Chal - Twitch
    Sol 2, Phantom Race, Weapons On: Jav - ID - Twitch - Chal

Standard Race:
    Sebenco Climb Forward, Rapier Race, Weapons Off: ID - Jav - Twitch - Chal

Total Team 1: 16+14 = 30
    Total Team 2: 32+37 =69

Victory for Team 2 (Javariko & IDReaper)!

Sorry, forgot to add - well raced you two. I knew you two were both out of our leagues, but thanks for playing at least. ^^ And the eliminator was a blast. I enjoyed Metropia too, though that was probably the toughest race of my career. In any case, that's the Piranha retired...