Page 49 of 179 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Yeah I know, it's just you had to make them from nothing, making you do more work... so I want to make u feel better.

Demo texture, weapon pad it's small though... tell me if you need a bigger one.

ATM, ripping textures from a game and making a track texture. (starting section)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would add a bit more detail and volume to that since it seems a bit too flat. And by the way, about making textures, you have to restrain yourselves to generalist stuff because many textures will require the actual 3D model for them to fit perfectly... When 3D models are done and you want to make the textures I, or other user that's making 3D models will send you a texture sheet for the specific model with the wireframe guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    ...add a bit more detail and volume to that...a bit too flat. ...send you a texture sheet for the specific model with the wireframe guidelines.
    I see okay!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

New track i'm aiming to finish in near future. It requires mag-strip but it is nothing that i couldn't make, no?
    https://picasaweb.google.com/zero3gr...eat=directlink

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

About your track, just one problem, one of the turns look too sharp (learnt about AI acting like a douche around one ctrl point (node) with FZEP for F-Zero X, the hard way) It wont be a human problem but a AI problem like in the 90º left hander in Chenghou.

Sorry for seeming negative... forgive? But it's a nice track after all. I wanna make with FZEP. Can I?

P.S. Its nothing I can make. Thats for sure! Good luck.
    May the nodes be with you! *star wars theme song plays*
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 4th January 2012 at 04:00 AM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Sharp corners is no problem as i have A.I under my controll so i can make them able to move without scraches on any track Human can have problems with navigating through this track xD

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

That track looks like a rollercoaster... plus abandon hope all ye who enter...

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

My brother said totaly same thing about this track xD

Reminds me of Florion Heights for some reason.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Its like another silverstream... I hated that track, auricom acted like a cow on it and Qirex... just no.

I made a track that needs mag-strips too. But in FZEP... Why you ask? So I can race it in F-Zero X. Its also a good thing to tryout your tracks on. If it's too complex (but FZX AI sucks though...)

That felt more like a advert than information...

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

i've been playing a lot of F-Zero X recently and i love racing so many people at once... it's... a 'game fetish' I have.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

@Zero3growlithe
    wow the track reminds me of Outpost 7, but i owned Outpost 7 though..

So is it possible to make MagLock sections in the tracks?
    if it is possible then it would open up opportunities for tracks to have awesome sections. Eg. Talon's Junction Loop etc etc,

and do you guys think we need more tracks? what about ships? will this game get the ability to choose different ships with different stats?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Quote Originally Posted by Killercrusher232 View Post
    ...playing a lot of F-Zero X...
    You playing it on a ROM (sorry mods)? I'll send F-Zero Execution Project to you and one of my .fzep's forward and reverse. (unless you have it...) I've started mashing keys to Silence and White Land and Sector tracks ( especially Sector ß)

Back on topic

More the marrier right?
    Any hopes on Zone mode?
    I started using python today, its a powerful programme! (just at chapter 2 in tutorials though.)

back off topic

My gf broke up with me so I have more time to work with you guys. And I learnt Hex in one day (00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, A, B, C, D, E, F, 10, 11, etc. ) And Senary. ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, etc.
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 5th January 2012 at 06:19 AM.

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

I use Project64. it's weird, WipEout 64 doesn't like the plugin that I use for f-zero, and neither look good for f-zero in the first place (one messes up menus but has good 3d, the other has good menus and bad 3d...)
    Also, Thread derailment yay!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@MyNameIsBom: Yeeeeeees, it's possible to make them, just change texture or mark it somehow else on track in places where u want mag-strips and i'll take care of those places
    @feisar_rocket: ("Any hopes on Zone mode?") Hmmmmm... maybe If Unity will keep up with increasing speed and will detect all collisions then no problem.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    Hmmmmm... maybe ...
    Great, I made a ship model already! (not precise... but you'll see where I come from)

Mag-strips are possible, all you need to do is set the ships to automatically orient itself to the track (i.e. align to normal) and then make gravity local to the object (so wherever the objects -z axis points is down).

I felt that I needed to do something similar to you Zero and program an auto sorting node based pathfinder. I'm almost finished, I just have to find a way to compare two lists simultaneously- it feels great when it works!

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Yay! thats great news! , looking forward to zone mode!

as for improvements... in the game. im going to be a B**** on this one.
    1. the ship hovering is great, but it feels really stiff somehow. feels like pulse, not saying its bad but when you turn a corner, especially corners that have slopes, the bottom of the ship grinds the track. which slows you down a bit.
    2. excessive bouncing.... i dont really like it
    3. the collision box for ships need to be fixed abit, because i can just fly staright into another ship and it will just fly over it.
    4. The walls of the track, theyre rather easy to drive through? all you have to do is drive straight into it and youre out of the track, im sure there is a way to fix it, make it that its impossible to drive through.

i know my list is a bit demanding, but dont stress at it, take your time.
    i know the game is at alpha stage(?) at the moment, wow i cant wait for zone mode or even the weapons!

also at the moment im still dumbstruck with 3DS max, i cant look at any tutorials at all due to my internet being at 0.06Mbs...

is it a good idea if i draw some tracks for you guys? how about ships?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Zone ship model, and FZEP (for anyone interested) is gonna be uploaded tomorrow or tonight ( depends on when my mom stops stalking and searching my room...)

If the Zone ship could be a team, celeritas (speed in latin), aptus (prepared in latin), Ar-Ce-O (pronounce like R-C-O) or caelum (pronounce like Sail-um) are names I like.

Short discription; Team <name here> has an open hull for the air cooling of its Delta level, Desync drive engine, capable of forcing the ship to mach 1 in a straightaway. But with a problem It's only possible to access mach 1- supersonic speeds with a light weight ship. Therefore, smaller shield batteries and less armor are installed. But with this speed, out running a weapon would be easy, unless your on Zero's latest track...

Speed over lateral stability and shielding, at least the Space Corps lended team <name here> military grade airbrakes to help you slow down at break-neck speeds. This is team <name here>.

P.S. Bouncing? Good! Give it that first WO feel. IDC about name btw.
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 6th January 2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: short discription

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Lightbulb

actually disregard my previous mention about the bouncing, i actually like it but still the "hovering" of the ship needs fixing, i wish i could help... only if i knew how to programme

hold up, with the current "sliding" of the ship, zone mode would be impossible beyond phantom, i mean you would be sliding everywhere, wouldnt you? i think, give your opinions as well, that the sliding needs to be tweaked abit, im not saying that it has to be the same as HD's but rather like Pure's but towards Fusion abit.

as for zone tracks.. you can count on me! and i may come up with a ship.
    as for the "sliding" factor, it will limit how sharp the corners, i draw, can be..
    ill see howit turns out