Page 29 of 179 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Hey, are we having a zone mode? I made a ship for it today.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

This is annoying...
    What's progress on my track?

Just a quick update:

Here is a more complete HUD that shows speed in numbers and a speed bar, from a chase view of a placeholder ship.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@FEISAR Ekhem... you know... don't know how the others, but there are people who have other things to do (more important), so please be patient

Yep, Rome wasn't made in a day. Besides, we must face this as a hobby not a work thing. Right now I've only experimented visual effects on blender, but next week I'll start adding ships to the game's library and send them here.

BTW: I think I found a way to change ships: make a small cube in which are all the properties of the ship (actions, reactions, etc) and add a "replace object" actuator that gets the ship model from another layer, or scene, if possible. On the selection menu we have all the ships and each has one propertie assigned to it. You click on the ship and the correspondent propertie changes thus replacing the cube on the race scene.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

I'm working on my DarkGDK thing... i'll do something with it, and if it'll be good (or better that using blender) then after you agree, we can try making game in it (there wont be any situations like: models in executable file... but they "should" be in .dbo format (reason: it loads faster))

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

I just need to install it. Any zone mode coming? I made a ship in S.Up.

P.S. I'll make a few concept ships with S.Up k?

P.S.S. I'm playing with some logic (just for fun) and the cube when up! Now if I get that side-ways and Autopilot, I think.

P.S.S.S. In art class I made some weapon logos.

Xpand, that system using the add object actuator is something I was looking into. You will find that the added object has to be on a different layer, but that's not a problem. I was going to have a layer for weapons, ships and special items.

One way that I might look into is a python command, global dict. It builds a list of objects that can be called at will. Another is with loadlib(), which I think load objects. In my last example I use globalDict() to store and retrieve a property for the hud.

FEISAR> if you want something to happen quicker, learn to do it yourself! Then you can do it as much as you like.
    Last edited by Rotational_aspect; 30th May 2011 at 11:56 AM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Hey guys (i'm pointing this especially to feisar_rocket and Xpand), i've been recently making some 3D effects for not professional movies and i had to find something to add 3D scene to After Effects... so i found that Maya is capable of doing something like that, and guess what If you're a high school student or higher (but you must be a student!!!) you can get a fully functional Autodesk/AutoCAD software... for free BUT it can't be used commercialy, just for learning. From what i wrote you can guess what i mean
    btw. I already own Maya

That's nice, but I already have 3ds max and my dad's autocad 2009... xD

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Whoa!!! So your dad is an engineer? That's nice I wish my dad to be a graphic modeller...
    Ok, enough of this easy talking I have a question... did somebody checked if my alphard works correctly XD
    And, how are we going to make 50 ships
    And, why i have so many problems with Pashtun Wheels XD (I already have 3rd project of this track )
    And, erm... what was his nick...... Slacker How is your work going?
    Nothing more is on my mind now... disconnecting

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Do you guys know a good modeling program? Blender is ok but, I hate that camera! I use Blender for textures but, I wanna help 60% of the time (used 25% but school is almost over so...) FEI, give me a photo, I'll work on the track.

P.S. 50 ships= 5 almost similar ships (with noticable changes)

P.S.S. Aspect, you got mag locks yet? Zero, I make a PW in Blender if you want.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Here are some pictures.

Track A
    Plan view
    A track made by metal wires,side view
    Same track as above,Side view
    Same track,"elevation change" view
    Track B
    Plan view
    Elevation change view
    Side view

It was supposed to be A,but I let you choose between the two

feisar rocket: I do have a semi working mag lock system, as long as you do not use the material physics (i.e. floating)- this can be worked around so its not a big problem. The only other drawback is certain angles on twists cause the ship to slip so test for this.

F.E.I.S.A.R: I like your wire tracks! very original (and easy to edit!)

EDIT: Just started playing with the distance constraint logic block, and it seems to work with the script I have for mag-locks, which is a step forward. Hopefully it plays nice with the material physics.
    Last edited by Rotational_aspect; 31st May 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Ahh, I see... With the distance logic, are you using a big cube and put the track inside (pefect for a sky texture) or many small cubes to make a ring?

At the moment, I'm making concept ships (unlockable ships) I have one and working on the others. Should I continue or stop and make textures? (Don't worry FEI I'm starting your track)

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Quote Originally Posted by feisar rocket View Post
    Should I continue or stop and make textures?
    This decission belongs to you
    btw. I think that u should make ships first and then make textures for them... simple

The distance constraint just keeps an object a certain distance from the track, whilst the mag lock script creates local gravity and aligns the object to the track.

You can have a skydome,just set the cameras clipping plane to a further distance.

Just 5 more days!

Been working on visual effects for the exhaust and sparks and stuff...
    I'm migrating to blender 2.57...

Cool Xpand! Got any screenshots? The one thing that I havent tackled yet is making the trails/ sfx. You may want to look at the Xparticle add on from SolarLune at Blenderartists.