Page 169 of 179 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hahaha yeah. The Phantomizer can be quite irritating at first, I also had to get used to it.

But now that you brought that up, I remembered that we never really included that "if"-check for Missiles.... If an enemy ship uses the Phantomizer, lock on to the bait instead of the real ship It doesn't do that afair 'till now. But well, the Tractorbeam might also receive a tiny visual update later on. It's all about deburring the edges

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I like that commentary on the Phantomizer use Hellfire, I could see people doing that too!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

We received some new donations during this weekend and I want to say: THANKS FOR THAT PHANTASTIC SUPPORT!!!

Currently we are at almost 10% of goal.
    It feels very good to know that people believe and place trust into SSGX. A high motivation to continue making the best out of it!

Just donated a small amount, I hope it went through. It isn't much, but I'll probably donate more some other time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thanks clojo That is very very great from you and we really appreciate it. I checked it right now, it's not there yet but I'll let you know once it arrived so you can be sure everything went ok there

About current game progress:
    zero3 made Ghosts possible on TT and SL race modes, which includes saving and loading, so we can already "exchange" ghosts from each others SSGX. We still gotta check the actual ghost look though.
    I am doing some small stuff on Nazca and am slowly starting to program the achievements
    dreadofmondays is about to continue his work on K-Bay
    Last edited by docfo4r; 13th November 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Sounds good! What's the progress on Alphard?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Guess there is not much to report for Alphard. zero3 is working on lots of helpful fixes [on the code] here and there right now and dunno if he has modeled anything lately. Guess not but I could be wrong, so lets wait for his reply.

Btw: Your records table doesn't get used alot here atm I saw. Don't be upset about it, ppl want everything to be automatic nowadays XD Will try to nail down some race times on the weekend.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Yeah, I didn't know how well it would work, but it was and still is worth a try! We'll have our own time battles if nothing else!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Haha yeah sure Well anyways, it still is a nice place to collect some race times. Ok, automated ranking isn't possible, but at least it helps collecting race times of all ppl and if more ppl would use it, we all could gain a nice overview of how well people are doing, to get a general feeling if certain tracks are easy or hard to navigate etc.

Hmm my Paypal account doesn't say I donated... Oh well I'll have to try again. You guys are making good progress btw.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Personally, I just like the fact that you guys have gone back to the basics when it comes to racing line. I mean, in the newer WipEout games, you could take any of about ten lanes through any corner and have no trouble setting up for the next without hitting the wall. In SSGX, many corner sections (i.e. first 3 corners of Cassandra, much of DC) require you to nail the racing line on each corner in order to set up for the next one, otherwise you'll hit the wall. That's the way it always was with the classic WipEouts, especially 2097/XL and Wip3out, and that's the way it should be. You guys have gone back to many basic ideas of the early WipEout games, and I'm really glad you did, those games were the best and this one will be too!

Edit: I know that it's a long way off, but are you guys considering making a sequel?
    Last edited by DDD113; 14th November 2013 at 03:43 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hahahah DDD, I guess we all are happy when we have this one complete. A sequel, I dunno if it is possible with all members of the actual team. Some of us are getting into the age range of having a family and who knows if one can still concentrate on SSGX2 then^^ But in case we do a sequel, then we gotta start different in the planning phase, even maybe change the engine or at least build on Unity3D directly.

Speaking of that, clojo if you have donated online from your paypal account, it should be here already but it isn't. So I also think that something went wrong with your donation. Sorry for the inconvenience If you are still having problems, pm me and we look into it together.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Quote Originally Posted by DDD113 View Post
    Sounds good! What's the progress on Alphard?
    Currently am not working on anything regarding modelling but when I'll get bored with programming (happens sometimes ) I'll think about finishing this track. I already thought about the final design so expect it to look better than it looks now Especially now when I noticed I have lots of room for improvements if it comes to polycount.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Btw, I just want to hear some opinions, especially from ppl outside of ATP: What if we are going to create a race mode based on the dropped "Zombie" mode for WO2048?
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...ie-apocalypse/

Or do you guys have similar ideas that go into such directions? Am just curious

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I think the Zombie mode would be really cool, something unique to a WipEout-esque game. I love the Zombie and now Extinction modes on Call of Duty, and I think it would be a blast to play. My only question is if we would need to create new, wider circuits for it to allow you more room to evade the zombies, but I guess we will just see.

Maybe if you beat all Zombie events in the game, you unlock a special Zombie ship skin! Muwhahaha!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I approve of that idea, I would love to see that implemented in SSGX!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I thought of a slogan for iFreet recently (since it appears that the team currently has none)

ifreet_slogan.png

I chose "Play With Fire" not only because the team is based off the fire Jinn "ifrit," but also because flying the ship itself is like playing with fire; since it has the lowest shield in the game, you are taking a risk that the rest of the stats will carry you to victory.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

nice nice, I never thought of giving them a slogan, by the way though the ifreet logo has changed slightly since the example you are using in that image ballflame.jpg
    Last edited by Oryx Crake; 30th November 2013 at 08:29 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Ooh, fiery, I like it! Yeah, the slogan just came to me the other day when playing the demo, so I thought, why not post it?

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Finally got around to making a donation. Let me know if it fails to go through, seemed to work okay though.