Page 135 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Okay, Zepher's exterior is almost complete.
    Attachment 6693

Timezone
    GMT -6

Everytime I see those Ship Images get posted, it gets harder for me to avoid the temptation of putting them up on ModDB. I didn't put anymore up, fortunately, but I still can't take any of them down, unfortunately. In addition, I can't find any already-in-existence pages for Slipstream GX (or for any of the members from here) on ModDB.

However, I have been working on something awesome with my spare time. It isn't related to Slipstream GX, but it is still pretty awesome. Just let me know when you're ready to see it, and I'll post a link

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

You posted the pictures and now you can't take them down anymore???

Timezone
    GMT -6

I posted them a while ago, that would have been the "Unauthorized Publication" you guys were referring to earlier. Xpand even sent me a PM asking me to take them down.

Fortunately, people have stopped paying attention to the SSGX stuff on ModDB, so as long as I keep up with the stuff from my other project, we should be okay. Still trying to get my friend's help to get the stuff down.

It was right after I uploaded the CERN image about a week or two ago that Xpand told me to stop uploading them.
    However, as mentioned above I did upload something else that is unrelated.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I saw that you posted on moddb I thought they meant something else, cause when I image searched for the game a pic of cern turned up linked to a site called firstpost.

Timezone
    GMT -6

What date was the image uploaded to Firstpost? I uploaded the images to ModDB on August 30th.

Edit: Just now saw Hellfire in the viewer's list. *waves*

The point is, you need PERMISSION to post content in whatever site you want. This isn't your project, you can't just upload stuff everywhere just like that just because you want it to without telling anyone about it. We kinda just stumboled on them... I need you to get those out, especially the drawings, that's just like giving a nuclear warhead to Iran and tell them they can do whatever they want with it... It's dangerous to the whole project cause you never know who can take advantage of someone else's work...

And to top it off, those are all WIP pictures.
    Last edited by Xpand; 7th September 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Cool Got them Down

Well, again, I'm sorry. I thought I asked for your permission before I started, but I never got a response.

And again-again, it isn't letting me take them down.

Fortunately, I have came up with a temporary solution;
    I am just going to replace all of the images with this Fake Image until I can take them down for real.
    removal.jpg
    That is how I'm going to solve the problem until the site lets me take the images down.

EDIT: Done!
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 7th September 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Never getting a response doesn't mean you're allowed to use it. Especially on sides where you loose control...

Like I said before, I am happy about everyone who is interested in this project and comes up with ideas. But I think we don't need people who harm the project. People will receive false info for SSGX, they might be confused and loose interest. We're not doing a new Wipeout, GTA V or Batteflied 456whatever, so every fan we have is important.

@Image replacement: Good!
    Last edited by docfo4r; 7th September 2012 at 03:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    RICHochet

If you really think that every fan you have is important then maybe you can respond to your fans when they ask a simple question. =/

Though I agree Amaroq shouldn't have posted the screenshots without your permission, if anything he did less harm (in fact the screenshots got me even more interested in the project) than the actual devs through their neglecting to answer. Yes, Amaroq did confuse me (combustible lemon studios o.O really now?) but being confused and losing interest? That's a jump. Losing interest doesn't happen from people uploading screenshots without permission, it happens from negligence.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Lightbulb

Did our thread just evolve into a philosophical debate?

WIP content is very susceptible to misinterpretation. Just imagine you saw this video instead of the more advanced images? I don't mind the spreading of the game, we're actually releasing a demo. But the thing is, we actually polished the game for public show off for this matter. Those WIP pictures aren't supposed to get too far away from here. And since we don't have any of this actually pattented or protected anyone can come by and start preaching that they own the game... And no one will know because, let's face it no one actually knows our team...

I say this from personal experience since I had some "stolen" projects because I was too open to publicity...
    Last edited by Xpand; 7th September 2012 at 08:31 PM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Default My not the best writing skills... (I'm tired xd)

Ok, this goes too long... Amaroq, don't post anything which is related with SSGX anywhere and it should be fine, start behaving a bit more mature (u'r 20 years old, aren't you?), do something useful for this project except for talking nonsense like: "I've made something, wanna see?" and silence... nothing appears, or posting things like totally thread unrelated materials, and try to adapt to others working on this project who really do something useful (descriptions, ideas, concepts, critics ) like u did earlier before beginning this "situation chained fuss"... erm, yeah, something like that (u had some really great ideas). Don't take it as order or something, it is more like a "personality trigger?". And please, don't add oil to fire with posts like: "Did our thread just evolve into a philosophical debate?"...

Also, about game's popularity and WIP materials I wonder about decreasing number of interested cos when someone will see material he like (even if it's WIP) he'll probably search for name of project found on this material (of course if there is any) and learn more about it, get to updated materials, so I with agree Richochet a bit. "Along with increasing amount of food appetite increases".

Back On Topic:
    New Demo Deadline for me is this weekend, stay tuned (some greater changes had to be done triggered by smaller ones and new ships added, that is why it is taking so long) "yeah, explain oneself, explain, no excuse xd"
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 7th September 2012 at 09:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    I know music has been mentioned a few times (maybe worth its own thread ), so i'd like to submit a track I made for your consideration. It's one I made quite a while ago, and always gives me a kick up the arse when I'm playing Wipeout. So here it is, hope you like it...

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7R...XZrM211X1FLN3M
    I really like this Adam, I'll save it in my ssgx folder definitely. I say we put it in!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Alright, although I was never on the team, I am Officially off the team. And I have contributed stuff before (only ideas, but still).
    Have fun finishing it without me.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Well I'm very glad, I'd be chuffed to have it used in the game. Cheers mate.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Colonel: Woooow! How did i miss this post?! This music awesome Permanent track list for SSGX (0+1)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@Colonel whow indeed the music is awesome. Although I think it's pretty long aswell with 8mins^^

So now that I know some basics of Blender [thanks to dreads & Oryx for the midnight tutorial ] I can finally start to create my track idea!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Thanks a lot guys. Doc, re: the track length, of course you're right, 8 mins is too long for a game, but it'll be a piece of cake to re-edit it and chop off a couple of minutes

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Great! I'm 100% satisfied now hehe