Page 131 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Saying it on the forum once again: The track is really really great! Some feedback:

-> All in all it is very good looking. Having an unpaved track section is nice, fits well with the ambience.
    -> Also it's good you didn't limit the track to the beginning of the trees, it feels a bit more natural.
    -> About handling, yeah there's obviously something wrong here. I think you need to be a very very good pilot to race on phantom and to not destroy your ship while scratching the wall. Maybe both things track-upscaling and ship-handling improvement has to be done here.
    -> Nice that we have a real jump section on the track. To tell you the truth I thought the current tracks I know [Cassandra + Tristans] are very flat, you almost have no airtime the whole lap.

So once you finished this one, which track are you heading for next? Is there something you worked on already or will you support zero or TypeProton? Oh and I think dread can take care of his track by himself atm. As far as I saw it, it looks pretty nice already.

I have Porto Kora on the making too... Oryx is helping me (I don't know if he forgot) placing the buildings on the track plans, using information gathered from WO3. I asked the original designer of that track for help, but no reply so far...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Oh, right. Forgot about that one.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hey guys. What did I miss?
    Did anyone like my Top-View Concept Art for Ti-Khana? If so, thank you for liking something that sucks.

Btw, you REALLY need to start putting your stuff up on ModDB, Xpand.
    http://www.moddb.com/company/combustible-lemon-studios
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 31st August 2012 at 02:07 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    thank your for liking something that sucks.
    Can you please stop saying things like this? It sounds like you want people to pity you.
    As for DC, it looks really great. Maybe a widening of the track is in order however?

Timezone
    GMT -6

I am not trying to make people pity me. I am just proving that I think it isn't very good.

If it helps, I honestly thought it looked better in my imagination.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 31st August 2012 at 04:34 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dusk118

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    Saying it on the forum once again: The track is really really great! Some feedback:

-> All in all it is very good looking. Having an unpaved track section is nice, fits well with the ambience.
    -> Also it's good you didn't limit the track to the beginning of the trees, it feels a bit more natural.
    -> About handling, yeah there's obviously something wrong here. I think you need to be a very very good pilot to race on phantom and to not destroy your ship while scratching the wall. Maybe both things track-upscaling and ship-handling improvement has to be done here.
    -> Nice that we have a real jump section on the track. To tell you the truth I thought the current tracks I know [Cassandra + Tristans] are very flat, you almost have no airtime the whole lap.

So once you finished this one, which track are you heading for next? Is there something you worked on already or will you support zero or TypeProton? Oh and I think dread can take care of his track by himself atm. As far as I saw it, it looks pretty nice already.
    Loving these comments, as DC is my track. I mentioned all of these points to Xpand already except the first, but I think that one's a given. I also mentioned that the speed is the equivalent to racing on A+ Class on WipEout 2048, and may be a little bit too fast for the current era.

I want to say a little about DC as it makes more progress. Draco Cavernae is named such because it is the Amphithere Engineering multipurpose testing track, with the long stretch designed for the speed and thrust based teams and the more technical bits for the handling and shield based teams. An unexpected but satisfying result was the hill just before returning to the paved track section. It behaves in almost the exact same way as Sol in WipEout 2048. Hit it just right, and you can actually skip one of the turns and move right into the next with little to no trouble at all. Overall, this track is a gorgeous beast both physically and aesthetically. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Check this out: http://www.moddb.com/company/combust...studios/images

I am not sure if you guys noticed, but during my one-week suspension period I brought Slipstream GX to the ModDB community, and so far it seems like it is bring a lot of attention to the group.
    At first, all I really wanted to do was find a way to put my image up to send to you guys (Xpand helped me out), but then I decided it was a great way to promote the project.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

If we are putting in on ModDB we might want to have a dedicated page for it instead of being scattered across several users. Talk to xpand about it

Timezone
    GMT -6

That isn't my profile page
    That is a group my friend started.

No widening needed. I just suck at this
    Here's a better lap from zero:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKPI7...eature=g-all-u
    Also, the track has been scaled up by around 25%..

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

SSGX Draco Cavernae Test (just for toying ): https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byn...HZSeUJmeUVNOFE (when on google site: press file -> download in left upper corner)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I posted a link in our G-Docs for a tutorial I created, showing how to access stuff on our website www.slipstreamgx.com

So if anyone wanna modify stuff or needs certain files, go ahead

ST-116 is done... Well, more or less. Now I have to make all the 8 paintschemes...
    Attachment 6670

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

New version of SSGX with analog stick support It can be always change a bit for best experience.
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byn...TdZbjhXSFBnaEE
    @Xpand: As i said... i want to rush it onto a wall to see its pieces flying around the track

DreadOfMonday's track Kaelakekua Bay test: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byn...HZBSmlNS3lwd2c
    -------------------------
    Project Overview
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 31st August 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Nice work on the ST-116. Can't wait to see it with the paintschemes
    @zero, downloading right now but since I am still rendering, Controller support will be tested tmrw, hehe.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Controller handling is really good! But support is not. Some of the buttons, like Camera or Shoot, are mapped to the controller but don't work in game. Vertical is a button now, not an axis, is that intentional? And barrel rolls remain elusive. :/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Room for any more ideas? I almost want to start sketching down stuff, especially ship concepts...

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    ST-116 is done... Well, more or less. Now I have to make all the 8 paintschemes...
    Attachment 6670
    So that you don't need to make 8 textures, try this
    You create a single Mask Texture and the game will apply a different livery to that mask texture. It will save you some of the work.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@dreadofmondays: Awww, yeah, i just remembered something bout that... i've made input possible but i didn't added it to the script xD My bad
    EDIT: Fixed
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 1st September 2012 at 11:08 AM.