Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Oooh that's awesome. Some old-school flare there. So that's going to be a more traditional game then (design wise)? I like

Did you think about that one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's yours? Or is it the model from the XL intro video? It's awesome! But I think it has to many polys...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

It's from the intro.
    If you're going for something similar to WOHD (or lower), I could imagine that the model is possible. Maybe with less details. It's the shape and the thrusters that give it the character

Not bad at all- the ship has a good colour scheme (the texture has no warping or stretching I can see) and the shape is getting there (the intake is really good).

Crits:

Nasty LCD font (the number eight)- get rid of it and research The Designers Republic and how they did things.

The pipe work I imagine could be done more efficently via a .tga texture with an alpha channel (to save polys in game).

Try to make the ship less 'boxy' (i.e. it looks like most angles are divisible by 45 degrees)- loosen it up!

Wireframes! (So we can see the meshflow and poly distribution)

Keep going!!!
    Last edited by Rotational_aspect; 7th August 2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typed in number 8 and got an emoticon by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Rotational_aspect View Post
    Not bad at all- the ship has a good colour scheme (the texture has no warping or stretching I can see) and the shape is getting there (the intake is really good).

Crits:

Nasty LCD font (the number eight)- get rid of it and research The Designers Republic and how they did things.

The pipe work I imagine could be done more efficently via a .tga texture with an alpha channel (to save polys in game).

Try to make the ship less 'boxy' (i.e. it looks like most angles are divisible by 45 degrees)- loosen it up!

Wireframes! (So we can see the meshflow and poly distribution)

Keep going!!!
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I put the LCD "8" because I couldn't find how they did it... I think it's very similar, but without those white cuts...
    About the pipes: This ship hasn't got half the polys of the average on Wipeout HD... But I guess I could make tubing coming out of the fuselage that way.
    I have to add some more polys on the joints so it seems smoother...

I'll post wireframe tomorrow. I made this ship from a series of extrusions... I started it from a single box...

If you want to pig out on crazy fonts try here:

http://www.searchfreefonts.com/categories/

Might be useful when all those neon signs need doing.....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Looks awesome, xpand!! I really like where the design is headed.