Thread: HKS Racing Controller

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Thumbs up HKS Racing Controller

This is pretty interesting. Unfortunately, it wouldn't benefit you much when using with WO, which was my first thought, but I think it would be a great alternative to a full race wheel for more standard driving games. I will likely pick one up later this year when GT5 is finally released.

Check it out: CLICKETY-CLICK

Oh, and hello, old friends!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Looks pretty interesting that. Might work well for me cos I don't have a table to strap a wheel to

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I share your sentiments!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

thanks for sharing this
    the construction seems very solid and it seems that it was made by racing enthusiasts...
    unfortunately after playing GT with a wheel i can't go back to gamepads!
    i mean i can still play it and enjoy it with a gamepad(i also play gt on psp lol) but it isn't as thrilling as driving with DFGT!
    i use dualshock3 only for wipeout
    maybe an excellent choice for racing freaks that don't have a wheel though! XD

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Was looking at the controller for a good few minutes understanding the whole concept of it, the dpad where R3 is was the first thing i was staring at for a while. then the oddities of the X and [] buttons. Did realize then it was the brake and accelerate pedals of a car. The steering wheel thing where the dpad is suppose to be is an interesting sight, looks like it will be a heap more precise around the corners on the Nürburgring than the dpad and L3 combined. Wouldnt mind having a crack at this controller when Gran Turismo 5 comes out. Should be and interesting way to chuck drifts in the game also.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ DreamyElf - Yah, I hear you about not being able to go back to a regular controller after using a wheel, but I won't have that issue, as I've never owned a wheel. So, this new controller will be a nice compromise. I think it will be much better than using a standard DS3 controller for driving games.

As far as the controller looking like it was made by racing enthusiasts, you've got that right. HKS is a Japanese automotive performance parts company that has been around for quite a long time.

@ KIGO - Agreed. I'm really excited about this controller (as well as GT5)! And while it won't be very suited to WO, I will certainly be giving it a try anyway, ha ha.