Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does wip3out run on the PS3 slim?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

That's incorrect, you can play PS1 games on the PS3 slim, it's just that a particular version of WO3 does not work on the slim, and perhaps the phat as well.

The slim can't play PS2 games, whereas some of the phat models could, with limited success.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

only the launch version phat model could play ps2 games (the 60gB one.)
    and i thought they removed the backwards compatibility to ps1 games with the slim edition. i might have been mistaken though. but either way i am pretty sure the games have to be of the correct region (same as the console.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

No, PS1 compatibility was not removed from the slim, but yes, backwards compatibility is region locked, as also the PS2 compatibility in the older phat.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I also noticed that since it is emulated, the speed bar isn't smooth as on the PS1. It's rather choppy making boost starts a bit harder to pull off.

Right, i have Wip3out SCES-01909 and want to make sure if it doesn't work propperly on any ps3. Because i'm getting a slim soon and i want to know if it does actually work on it. If not, how can i get my hands on another version of Wip3out that works on ps3.