View Poll Results: What Do You Thinkt The Next Wipeout Release will be?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • A New Wipeout in 2D

10 20.83%
  • A New Wipeout in 3D

4 8.33%
  • A New Wipeout released in both 2D & 3D

8 16.67%
  • Current HD/Fury remade in 3D

3 6.25%
  • DLC that upgrades current HD/Fury to 3D [use optional]

9 18.75%
  • DLC for HD/Fury [just more tracks to current]

11 22.92%
  • DLC for HD/Fury that will be 3D only tracks

0 0%
  • I'll be dead & buried before any new Wipeout release

11 22.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there will be more HD/FURY DLC or HD3D

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Do you think there will be more HD/FURY DLC or HD3D

It's getting close to where "Something" should be happening with Wipeout, one way or another.
    It's been 6 months since Fury was released,and we have all seen the demo of HD in 3D from last year, plus the huge push made for 3D by the manufacturers at CES 2010 [which showed screen shot's of HD/Fury in the 3D promos]

I don't know how this 3D stuff will work with the promised PS3 3D system update,if it can be switched in/out at will etc,or if two different versions of Wipeout will be happening.

Not that we get any choice [or solid info] on the matter,more as what the general feeling is at the forum about what the most probable direction taken with Wipeout will be.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I bet $10 on DLC that upgrades current HD/Fury to 3D.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's hard to pick.
    Especially when you factor in if they could go down the 3D update [if possible],would they?

If there was even a remote possibility of it somehow messing up the current game,particularly online,I think that would be the death of HD/Fury.
    And I'm sure SL realize that.

That's the problem with Wipeout always being the new technology showcase game for Sony

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I'm really hoping for a new Wipeout game in 2D, which begs the question, will they integrate it with HD/FURY? I can't imagine two wipeout games online and only being able to play one set of tracks before swapping to the other game. In which case why do they not continue to develop DLC for HD, upgrading, improving and tweaking. But they are not, so where do we stand?

As for HD3D. Making a game that would be about two years old 3D, seems a step backwards to me. Surely new tracks + 3D would be a much more attractive offer. It's a pity no one from SL could tell us what the future will bring.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I want more WOHD content- tracks probably, and they should hook up with Tim Wright to offer a couple download packs of his music. Maybe even MORE ship skins - classic models perhaps from the first WO game to the very present

Don't care about 3D, though I'm sure we'll get that

I think it will be quite a while before we get a totally new Wipeout game... there';s no reason for them to ditch the foundation of WOHD and rebuild a new game from the ground up, even despite the complaints I have with HD... at least, no reason just yet

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I presume SL actually works on a game, right ? Why not a new wipeout or dlc for the existing game ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I think we will have 4 or 8 tracks more, but with all game in 3D compatible, what do i tick ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

I'm hoping for a whole new Wipeout game ^_^
    New physics, new venues, new music, different ship models, new (and hopefully fun) features.
    I don't have a problem with HD/Fury, but it's been around for a while now.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Tick the 5th one down Kaori if you want.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I say why move onto something new, when the current wipeout fix is still going strong.

Simply new HD content for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Having just gotten into WOHD/Fury, I want more of this -- more courses (from Pure! Blue Ridge, please!), maybe another ship (Van-Uber? Medievil?), and more options and stats -- rather than a new game.

I know I'm going to be in the minority on 3-D, but being partially blind in one eye, I don't ever want to "see" 3-D become mandatory or mainstream as it'll make the game unplayable. For regular folks with perfect vision, 3-D is a step up, but for us without it, 3-D is not just a step down; it's like being kicked all the way down the steps into a dark locked basement and not being allowed to ever play again.

When WOHD first came out, I was under the impression that it was just a kind of tech demo, with a real game to be developed separately. Now it looks like it became the base for what's already an excellent game. A regular series of add-ons would keep interest fresh for years and I hope they do that rather than go to a new game and abandon this one.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

It's obvious that the next update to the wipeout series will be the 3D patch within the next 6 months for HD.

There's no indication of anything else happening in Wipeout land.

Also, it seems to me that you have some misgivings about how the 3D system works. It's pretty simple and there is no way there would ever be 3D-only tracks (let alone a 3D only game), it's all completely optional. It's not like it requires a whole new graphical overhaul for the game to support it, just some math-based prediction.

It seems like the 3D update is just waiting for Sony's go-ahead. So yeah... next update to the Wipeout series will be this, probably, unless some minor update/s happen to the game for some bug fixes or whatever prior to it.

edit: just noticed you say DLC that upgrades the game - hell no, I imagine this will be a patch for the game that everyone will be able to use. As for the next addition to the WO series - I'm hoping for tracks, and there's no point going any further than that. There hasn't been word on anything other than a 3D update.
    Last edited by amplificated; 18th January 2010 at 01:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

well, there's no indication of that happening, either...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I hope for a new DLC with classic tracks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

If whatever is released is in 3D only I don't see much of a market for it. Seems like that would limit it severely. It's my understanding it needs a specific monitor/TV correct? I voted that there'll be both 2D and 3D released. Whether that's a whole new game or DLC for the current I'm not sure about.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Currently there isn't any news about a new DLC or whatsoever, but wasn't this
    also the case for Fury -- for over nine months? I believe that some guys over
    at SL do work on WipEout HD's codebase. Preparing the game for trade-shows to
    show off the 3-D effect needs some of the coders to ensure that everything
    works out as expected. And if, then every developer would be eager to release
    it to the masses.

Up to my point of view, a DLC that enables 3-D and includes 4 new tracks, 2 new
    teams, some new ZONE color schemes, and some major bugfixes is all I'm
    asking for. No need for a new Wipeout game. The game hasn't reached its
    limits, not even close.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Why is everyone so stoked about a DLC that will add 3D?! You are aware that you will need a new TV to view it, right? I'd much rather have some new tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Why? Promotion. Like; here is the technology, here is the TV, and here are
    the games!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DarkSoul520

I'm hoping for a completely new Wipeout game. New DLC would be nice, but I'd prefer a new game entirely.

As for the 3D. Meh, I honestly don't see the big deal. I saw Avatar and the 3D only enhanced it a bit. 3D seems like a big gimmick to buy things to me, and I doubt it will last very long.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I don't want nuthin til I's mastered these here Furious tracks dagnabbit.

I think a firmware update and/or game patch will be offered for free. I wouldn't expect more DLC too soon, and really I am a long way from mastering what is there currently, so for me personally, the game has plenty of life in it yet...maybe even another 700 hours.