Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulse- easier than Pure?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

At Osama: You mean playing Pure again? Well you have to practise both of course for the EWC 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Well, most hardcore fans of the series will tell you that Pure is easier (because it's more like the older games), but personally I find Pulse much easier, especially considering it's useless AI .
    Pulse also has very "direct" handling compared to other Wipeouts, which can be easier for some people (especially those not used to the "floaty" Wipeout style).
    I'm surprised that you feel Pure is faster though - you're only the 2nd person I know of to have said that. I find Pure frustratingly slow, even on Phantom, while Pulse feels like the fastest Wipeout to me.
    Well I am considering myself as a hardcore fan of the series, yet I think that Pure is more difficult than Pulse, just like you MSSA. Because of the more sliding, floathy feel of the ships and more wibbly-wobbly track design in Pure, it is so much more difficult to get the last 4 laps in phantom within 0.1 sec. I have far more TT races with the 4 last laps in phantom within 0.1 sec in Pulse than in Pure.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Talking

Easier ot not easier...the only thing that I don't like in Pulse is properly the A.I. :
    at the hardest difficulty level, the rivals transform the track into a battlefield...no pilot ability, only pathetic attacks on your shield...f****n' maggots !

They abuse about mines and bombs ...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Well, at least there isn't so much rubber-banding in Pulse as there is Pure. That's a plus, I guess

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

I started wipeouting with pure and got stuck at rapier, then when pulse came out I played the game with a vengeance and was able to complete the game all the way relatively easily, which I think is because 1. I already had my pure experience and 2. pulse is easier than pure.

Two reasons why I think pulse is easier than pure:
    1. More direct riding, pure has much more floating, which is more difficult to get used to and judge correctly.
    2. AI is much busier blasting each other out of the race, usually setting rubbish times. I actually find races in pulse on medium AI level are sometimes more challenging than hard AI level.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Its fun to play Eliminator in Pulse.

pulse is like a "grip" game. You grip even with the loosest of ships, never slide out, but the other ships hit you with weapons way too much to keep the race close.

Pure allows you to get away, it is possible to lap the ships on some tracks in pure. The physics are way harder to keep a line, imo the way wipeout should be. Mad-ice hit it on the head with the track design as well.

Not that pulse is "easy", there are some tracks that are downright mean.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Pure was the worst game i had ever played at the time, not because it was in any way, shape or form REMOTELY bad; it was because the game looked so good and had everything i wanted in it but i SUCKED. I literally couldnt get past the first grid. I kept trying and i did finally get past it, but i couldnt get any further than that. Still have the UMD within the depths of my cupboards, save file still at that 2nd hexagon.

Pulse was much easier (13th hexagon), the ships handle better and the tracks straighter xD. Btw pure and pulse were my first 2 respective wipeout games i had ever played.

I cant imagine it to be a frequent issue but anyone here ever had that exp. before? Like, your dream come true game and you cant do **** to play it properly.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceFolding

Just thought I'd pop in an talk about my experience with Wipeout games. The older PSX games and Pure were pretty damn hard for me. First Wipeout game that I've actually played through entirely was Pulse. Pulse has super sharp grip and response time, making it the easiest for new players to pick up and learn. I could see it from a veteran's perspective and I could see why everyone hates it. But it's a great way to get the ball rolling before you graduate to Wipeout HD. After you play through HD and HD Fury on Elite Phantom, Pure will be MUCH easier. In fact, I'm having fun breezing through Pure. The only problem is, the very non-linear progression in Pure is very confusing. To unlock Flash (it shouldn't even be locked :< ), you need to do Venom Alpha, then Venom Beta, then Venom Ascension (which is locked and hidden as well). I don't think I'd figure it out without a guide. Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 3 were easier for me than Pure for some odd reason. The only thing is, an analog is practically required because you need to pull your nose up on almost every corner, where as Pure, HD and definitely Pulse, you hardly need to pull your nose up to tackle a corner.

I agree. Pulse is much easier than Pure. I feel more chalenged by playing Pure than Pulse, like I said in another thread: the tail slide of the ships is much better in Pure, giving more of a chalenge to control the fury of the craft...