Thread: DLC tracks are really.... blue

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Default DLC tracks are really.... blue

U.S. resident here, got ahold of the Pulse DLC when SCEE *finally* started releasing PSN cards for retail purchase in the UK.

I am enjoying the additional courses (love Gemini Dam) as well as the new vehicles (Icaras is pretty important for time trialing).

Just wanted to comment that all of the DLC tracks are blue-purple-twilight colored and generally much less distinctive from one another than the courses that are included with the original game. I have found it considerably harder to memorize these new tracks and identify with them personally. Maybe it is just me :/

Hindsight is 20/20 but I probably would have favored swapping Gemini Dam for OP7 to mix up the DLC to some degree!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Like you I have some difficulties to remember on which track I am when I play DLC tracks... The reason is maybe than I rarely play them because online, few people have them.

We should organize some DLC online meetings

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I dunno, I thought the DLC tracks were pretty distinctive looking (especially Orcus). Each to his own...
    I also really enjoy racing on them (although I still haven't managed to get to grips with Edgewinter Black, Vostok Reef Black, or the hardest track in the whole game - Orcus Black). I find the actual tracks more interesting than most of the standard 24 tracks, and they all take a fair bit of practice to work out a decent line, which I like.
    Icaras is a great ship, yes, especially for TT. It's got a nice feel to it as well as it's high speed, and can take on the harder tracks without much trouble, unlike the other fast ships (I'm still too stubborn to leave my EG-X though, unless absolutely necessary ). Harimau and Mirage are fun too, but Auricom is just horrible for me in Pulse - I can't seem to steer the thing!
    It's a real shame they never released the DLC in the US, when there doesn't seem to be any good reason not to.

edit: Great idea about organising some DLC races, kaori!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I can't judge...the expansion packs are not (and never will be)released in Asia. I want the expansion packs,but I will never be able to get them.I want all 4.But zero have been released.
    Hm...Is one of the tracks under the sea? I remember one of the tracks being under the sea like Vineta K,except totally underwater...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah Vostok Reef is totally underwater (So blue.)
    There's Edgewinter, where it's always raining (Kind of blue.)
    There's Gemini Dam, right up next to the Mediterranean sea (Kind of blue, with lots of purple decorations.)
    There's Orcus, completely underground (Brown.)
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 31st October 2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: see =/= sea

Timezone
    GMT + 12

The tracks are great, some ships are good except for * cough auricom cough* the tracks decorations are kind of a let down. I meant on Gemini Dam Black all you could see was purple and blue. Edgewinter is the most blue. And yeah.. The price of the DLC made my jaws drop it was kinda a rip off.