Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2009-11-04: SaturnReturn is our newest moderator

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

No thats cool SR. I listen in there. Your an Engineer, best advice you can get all around. Cant really doubt an Engineer.

Good constructive non argumentative conversations these days are gold. Its what gets problems solved quick.

But i usually these days talk on one on one problems and problem solving over the PSN these days.

OBH posted in my VM box that he got a infraction over something of three months ago, i didnt know this was still going on, thats why i posted it, probably the incorrect thread to post this on, should of did in in the General Conversation thread.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

...there's a reason this guy is a mod...

He was awesome at his job til he stole my thunder, the cheeky bugger

One downside to Sat becomming a mod: He's so busy fulfilling his duties (until 03:00 night after night ) that he often takes longer than 30seconds to reply to my MSN messages.
    Here's a (crappy but well meant) haiku for you Sat.

Remember Saturn,
    Dedication in hand with
    Moderation = win

NB:The '=' is silent

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Come off it! Night after night? That was one time! (And it was 4.30 AM...on a weekday...and I did indeed get up at 7.30 AM the next day to go to work ). There was that other time. But it was a weekend, and I would have been on here anyway. I actually just take part more as a 'forumite' now that I have a reason to read everything.

I can safely say the whole 3 hour sleep thing won't happen again.

I was about to say that if you were up til 3.00 every night doing this you should reconsider your long term plans!

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Either way, this is an opt-in arrangement.
    Great phrase, I need to remember that for use on the children. I can just imagine their jaws dropping as they realise I have torpedoed all their objections to whatever it is they`re objecting to.

You might have exaggerated about the modding hours, but I like the syllable cheat with the = Yeldar

Inspired by Yeldar,
    from this day hence I will post
    Only in Haiku.

(A two verse haiku)
    Hopefully this will mean there`s
    < the normal waffle.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    OBH posted in my VM box that he got a infraction over something of three months ago, i didnt know this was still going on, thats why i posted it, probably the incorrect thread to post this on, should of did in in the General Conversation thread.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about Kigo and exactly why myself and the other mods have become sick of your act. You call out people, you make brash, sweeping statements that DEMAND an explanation of people, then you piss off and return a few hours later with your palms raised in innocence.

"Who me? Aw, strewth - not at all, it was an honest mistake mate. Here, let me say something totally off topic to distract from the fuss I've just caused over nothing."

It's worn completely and utterly thin - we've been down this road so many times with you that I can't be arsed with it. For a start if Haydn had a big enough issue with it then it was up to him to raise it with the moderation team himself, not for you to compare the site to a concentration camp and come over all aggressive on an unrelated thread.

You're not bloody Che Guevara, so stop acting like you want to start a revolution every single time you interpret something as an injustice. In fact, why don't you just stop it right now - today, in this thread - let it be the last time you pull this crap.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    I was about to say that if you were up til 3.00 every night doing this you should reconsider your long term plans!
    Are you trying to say that this gig won't get me laid? Maybe I should go back to the guitar. Can't remember why I have that up now. Hmm...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

OH lord STUFF IS HITTING THE FAN.

@ Saturn : Anyone taken your infraction virginity yet? Also You need a Girlfriend that plays wipeout *bragbrag*

Haikus huh? I have hte Manliest Haiku in existence right here.

I killed a man once
    he had a wife and 3 kids
    I slept peacefully.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

that's not funny, but why am i laughing? i like it, that's why, ... not that i condone that kind of behaviour killing man etc... plasmas are all good though!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Its because Your a man, and its the MANLIEST HAIKU EVER!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Haikus are cool but
    sometimes they just don't make sense
    refrigerator.
    Last edited by eLhabib; 10th November 2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: minor prose correction - thanks Lunar ;)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

A belated congratulations from me to our newest moderator on board. Cheers SaturnReturn!

@Chris: You slept? Tsk. Such a lack of dedication.

@Infoxicated: At the forum where I'm the admin of membership, we have a principal [created by the founder of that forum, not by me, but it's a damned good principal, so props to the guy] of decision making based on consumption of moderator time [see, I can be ontopic ]; there's comes a point where so much moderator time is being consumed that it's not fair to the mods and the admins to allow the cause to continue. When that principal is combined with the negative effects caused to the forum and its members in general, the decision making process becomes very clear.

@self. Haikus, eh? Damn. I'm a writer; something should have already pooped, er, I mean popped into my mind. Er, words, I mean. In the haiku form. Yeah.

Should have.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I know Lance. All of a sudden though I find myself valuing my sleep more highly. I actually had a very nice nap earlier this evening. I'm not sure how naps can be so enjoyable when I'm at the most only semi-conscious for them. I just know they are.

@Tomohawk - Many thanks for the 'grats.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Superlate as usual.

Hey, just wanted to say I'm glad you're a new mod here. Nice to "meet" ya. I've been fairly inactive here (compared to before) ever since the whole HD thing kind of blew up. I could feel the whole atmosphere getting more negative (and unfortunately contributed with unrestrained barrel roll hate *shame*).

Point is, now that I'm finally catching up on some exciting thread reading I see that you're a very level-headed mod, great job! The zone seems more adult (re: behaviour) again atm.

And great job infoxicated for cleaning out the troublemakers. This is a truly great site when everyone wants it to be, and trouble spreads exponentially in a heartbeat.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Thank you Medusa. I can't deny that I got very frustrated at times by this game too, but have hopefully learned to take it for what it is - a disappointment and not the end of the world.

I look forward to getting to know older members, as I'm still very new to this, and to learning some of the old games as well, which I never played the first time around.

I think the current Avalon shenanigans will also bring back some of the good spirit.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Hey Medusa - great to see you back again.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Wipeout is the game
    The zone is where we can talk
    Ready to start anew

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Loving this haiku thing we have going on here

Might start posting only in haiku...maybe after new year