Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009-11-04: SaturnReturn is our newest moderator

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

From briefly browsing the forums today you already seem to have your hands full, good job your doing I might add.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Feisar31

Congratulations SR! I'm sure you'll be a great mod. Have fun...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Thanks guys - means a lot.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    chaos80

Congrats Chris/SR!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Thanks chaos.

I just wanted to say that the first few days have been quite tough for me. In some cases I may have been a bit over the top and the last thing I want is to turn people away from the forum because I was too heavy handed. It's the first time I've done this. Hopefully I will settle in and learn to deal with things the best way in time.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

No Chris, you havent turned people away from the forum.

Don`t worry, you are doing a great job, Sat

Chris, your efforts to challenge me for the title of King of Heavyhanded Autocratic MODeration are puny and unequal to the task; I am the King!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I bow to thee, my liege.

And rightly so. :turbowink:

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

BLARG IM LEAVING THE FORUM! YOU ARE RESTRICTING OUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEACH SAT!

I know a few people wont miss me...

JK.

Vartipoo's not goin anywhere...

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

great decision

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

which one?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Why are people still getting infractions for 3month old posts still?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Why should you receive a fine through the post a month after you were out on a fanging session and got caught by a speed camera?

Because the crime was still committed even if the justice wasn't served immediately.

Not only that, but there have been no infractions issued since the 6th November, so I don't know what you're getting at.

Now for my questions;

Why ask that question in this thread?

Why not leave when you said you would?

// edit

Oh, I see - Haydn received an infraction last week, chose to moan to you about it today, so you're assuming that it happened today and you're going on the offensive - sticking up for your mates 100% and all that bollocks.

Kigo, if you don't like how the place is run then just do one, okay?

As a special personal favour, if you're finding it that hard to leave the place then I can lock your account and save you from temptation - just say the word mate.
    Last edited by infoxicated; 9th November 2009 at 12:55 PM.

Because he's still gained no more ability at balanced data analysis than he had when he got here, no more maturity, no more perspective.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Whow guys, getting pretty up close and personal, aren't we?
    not that I'd disagree... *smirk*

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Because that's how Kigo wants to play it. He's the stereotypical passive-aggressive internet warrior - asking confrontational questions or making a brash statement to stir things up and then leaving the scene.

He wants this done in public because he thinks it'll be embarrassing to the admin, the moderators, and the site and he has nothing to lose because, as he alluded to last week, he doesn't want to be here any longer.

So lets go at it Kigo - lets end this once and for all, because either you're willing to be a member here and accept the way it's run or you're anti-establishment and think there's some kind of conspiracy at the core of it all.

Either way, this is an opt-in arrangement. You choose to be here and if you don't like it then cut the pissing and moaning and the confrontational posture and stop poisoning the bed for the people who can play by the guidelines.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

i'm really happy that SR is our new mod, he's quite active in his duties and reading his posts/explanations leaves me with no questions. Much like reading the posts from our other mods. Nice eh?

As for this free speech thing Kigo is mentioning, i'd just like to say that, I, for one, don't believe that to be going on here. I recently had a post of mine deleted by Lance, And believe me, i coulda made a mountain out of a molehill, but didn't. The reason is obvious really - I agreed with Lances decision, his explanation made it clear that my post could be perceived as inflammatory. Though the post was written in innocence, it could have been easily misunderstood.

Now, I must express my gratitude to the mods and to Rob for their insight and wisdom. I just wish peeps would like to experience the friendly,pleasant and helpful vibe WZ had from previous years... I never experienced that vibe, only been easily a member here 10months,...

... anyway, I hope we can all just learn to start anew, and 'be friends'.
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 9th November 2009 at 03:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Thanks ACE, for getting this thread back onto the topic of how awesome I am. Nice avatar BTW.

Offtopic rant ahoi:

I don't feel there is a lack of free speech here. It simply has to be expressed properly. I had issues with the bannings. I must admit, the way people went on about this place, I was actually a bit scared to express those views to Rob and the Mods at first. But you know what, if a person takes the time to explain themselves properly and in the proper context, then others are more likely to listen. Rob listened. Lance and Task listened. Whether they agreed or not is a different matter. But I wasn't dismissed or in anyway punished for expressing views opposite to theirs, despite the fact that they could have told me to piss off and not tell them how to do their 'jobs'.

So, my advice would be, that if you have a genuine problem with something a moderator or admin does, then raise the issue with them maturely and in private. Take on their feedback and try to learn from it. You know what surprises me? People never try again. When people post in an immature way, full of expletives and pointless ranting (and sometimes bickering), their posts might get deleted or they might get pulled up on it. Instead of just more expletives and ranting, why not try again? Why not step back, take a look at it, try to see the other side, and have another go? Do the people who have problems with this place do that? In general, no. Some do, but others don't. What does this say? This says, "I didn't care as much about the message as I did about being a bell-end." Maybe this isn't actually the case, but it's the impression that is given by this approach, in my opinion. And we all know how easy it is to get the wrong impression on the internet. As an example, people who stand on their soapboxes in Hyde Park can do so and go on about whatever they want. They tend to have a genuine message. If they get it across well, people will listen to them and a crowed might even gather to take on board what they have to say. On the other hand, hecklers get thrown out of places.

KIGO - You know I've only been honest with you in the past, whether you liked it or not. I was surprised that you didn't just throw abuse at me to be honest, based on your posts here. Hence, I'm less jaded than others when it comes to you. But the thing that saddens me (yes that's right, saddens, not annoys, genuinely upsets me), is that no-one will ever take you seriously. All the ranting about Microsoft and endless swearing led you to become a characature (sp?) of that particular side of yourself. Yes there are less asterisks in your messages now, but it's the same attitude. Sometimes you're helpful. Helping people get up and running on ad-hoc party etc is great. Embrace that side of yourself more and it will balance out the other stuff. Wise up a bit and then people will start to actually value your opinion. If your opinion is valued, it won't be dismissed so quickly, and then some day you can have a rant that really gets results.

You didn't ask for my advice, so feel free to ignore it, but it's there if you ever want it.

P.S. Just kidding about the awesome thing. I should stop saying that or people might start believing it. No wait, believing that I believe it...or...er...whatever.