Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo PSP/ Gran Turismo 5

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Default Gran Turismo PSP/ Gran Turismo 5

Anybody out there have the intention the purchase both or either of the new Gran Turismo games.

Im pretty hyped up over the release of Gran Turismo PSP which is supposely due to come out on the 1st of October, but i reckon it'll be delayed by a few weeks more.

Either way, ive put a deposit down on a Limited Edition UMD version of the game. Not sure what makes this version so special. I was suggested in the package it gives you a code to allows you to purchase the Bugatti Veyron.

Gran Turismo 5 the PS3 game itself should be due on the shelves not long after the release of Gran Turismo PSP.

Should be awesome.

This is why the Playstation Portable rocks, and still is a great buy. Next thing the PSP should become is a a phone with built in GPS.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

I'm definitely buying GTP after some "evaluation"

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Get it Arch. Ill race you on the PSP again.

Should be interesting, Gran Turismo PSP online, with Ad Hoc.

It'll be Arch, MrSmad, KIGO and another person racing in the room, since it maximum 4players online. ACE should get this game, given that he isnt completely off his head.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

KIGO , here's your 4th man ... I have preordered as well ... GT and WO ftw!! Was pleased to see they actually publish an UMD version, cause the game was hyped together with the new PSP Go, publishing a download only version wouldn't have surprised me at all.

GT

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Cool, we are all in the green to be the first GT PSP online races.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Gran Turismo PSP online, with Ad Hoc
    Ad hoc or infrastructure?

If the former, how are you planning to play online?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Some sources are suggesting ad-hoc,

Guess we will not know until the game is released.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I dunno... I've yet to play a driving game on the PSP where the controls didn't frustrate me, although I did enjoy Test Drive Unlimited ('stralian developer nod). That analogue stick is just too imprecise and the lack of analogue throttle control just takes it back to the level of playing microswitch games.

For me, it's the driving model and using a wheel that makes GT a good game, as the progression can be a bit soulless aside from that.

I'll need to see it running on a PSP-2000 first before I'd commit to buying it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I wouldnt mind seeing how Gran Turismo PSP UMD runs on a PSP-1000, hope it isnt too ****. Since that is what ive got.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    Ad hoc or infrastructure?

If the former, how are you planning to play online?
    Ever heard of kai or ps3 adhoc party?

For kai: Every hit that comes out, and appears to not have an infrastructure mode, will be opened in the kai arena for sure, in a matter of hours or days after the release.

Gran Turismo Portable [PSP] will NOT be featuring the Infrastructure Mode.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I have tried AdHoc Party yesterday... Ehrrr I cant understand what to do there - everything is in Japanese. It is the time to learn this hardcore language But software is great!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Damage = win
    Made me VVVVVVV happy to see that trailer

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

I'm only interested in GT5 because some of my friends want to do a true 24h race I'd like to join. They better (still?) have that mode

If the PS3 version has rallies and splitscreen races, and if they`re both good, I will almost certainly have to get that. It will definitely be a spectacle of a game, I think. However it also depends on whether PES10 is any good - if it is a return to form I will be on that all winter instead. I am fairly depressed with football games after playing the borefest of FIFA 09 and could do with a good PES this year

I will almost certainly get the PSP Gran Turismo for my old fat PSP, though it`s a shame the game has no infrastructure online racing Still, Kai will do the job.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

### POST "2097" ### XD

Do you have a PSP-1000 Lunar?

I really wonder how the new GT game would play on the older PSP consoles with it lesser advance LCD resolution display and less RAM. Shouldnt be too much of a difference i hope.

By the looks of the car list for Gran Turismo PSP, not too many new editions on new cars. I was hoping to see the 2009 Ford Falcon FG FPV F6 Typhoon with the 310kW engine, ad well as the 2009 Holden Commodore HSV W427 with the 7.0 Liter V8 that is also found in the current Corvette.... Maybe they'll be on Gran Turismo 5 instead (They better bloody be).

This Ad-hoc party feature is going to be interesting to use.

Gran Turismo PSP is kinda why i bought the PSP back at its launch. But after half a decade of waiting, this game will be worth the wait.

### POST "2097" ### XD

How much difference in amount of RAM and number of pixels of screen resolution is there between different models of PSP? }has "suddenly" become too infernally lazy to look it up himself (is distracted by other thoughts, literary, mostly){

comparison of specs between PSP 1000 and 2000.

I have a 1000 Kigo, yes. I did have a 2000 aswell, but decided to sell one of them, and the 2000 went. The only real advantage to the 2000 was that the screen was brighter. I though motion was more fluid on the 1000 screen. I think it must be possible to pick up 1000s for peanuts now and they are fine if well looked after. Mine is a Japanese 1994 model brick built Wipeout Pure battle machine - it has fried the yanks, smoked the French and occasionally given mild concern to Austrians and is still going strong!

I think your 1000 will be fine for GT PSP, Kigo. They can`t make the performance too demanding for PSP 2000s and if a slim can play GT a fat can do it too, I would think.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

PSP-1000 32MB RAM/333Mhz/4.3" LCD Screen
    PSP-2000 64MB RAM/333Mhz/4.3" LCD Screen
    PSP-3000 64MB RAM/333Mhz/4.3" LCD Screen (higher refresh rate)
    PSP-GO 64MB RAM/480Mhz/3.8" LCD Screen

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    comparison of specs between PSP 1000 and 2000.

I have a 1000 Kigo, yes. I did have a 2000 aswell, but decided to sell one of them, and the 2000 went. The only real advantage to the 2000 was that the screen was brighter. I though motion was more fluid on the 1000 screen. I think it must be possible to pick up 1000s for peanuts now and they are fine if well looked after. Mine is a Japanese 1994 model brick built Wipeout Pure battle machine - it has fried the yanks, smoked the French and occasionally given mild concern to Austrians and is still going strong!

I think your 1000 will be fine for GT PSP, Kigo. They can`t make the performance too demanding for PSP 2000s and if a slim can play GT a fat can do it too, I would think.
    Thats pretty good then, i was seriously considering getting a 3000 series, but now ill think i wont have to now
    Last edited by KIGO1987; 1st September 2009 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks for the info, gentlemen. Does the 3000 also have a 480 x 272 screen resolution?

I note that it supports ATRAC 3 sound encoding, same as my mini-disc recorder and my 4+2 track Sony mini-disc mixer-recorder [now obsolete like the mini-disc itself, pretty much]. ATRAC 3 always sounded to me as though it were just as good quality as original CDs even though it compressed filesize to about one-fifth the original.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

KIGO, incorrect intel there. PSP go is 333 too. That 480MHz is for USB.