Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SILVERSTREAM!!

That track is phenomenally difficult, I dont think I've ever come 1st on it yet. I've only played the pc version of wipeout though. Rapier league is the faster league? Venom I think was alright but rapier was just ridiculously fast. I havent played this in ages.

Whats firestorm like? I think thats hidden track but I dont think you can unlock it on the pc version...

Default ...

It is the big massive.With nice big curves and mountains.Okay so maybe I dont remember the mountain parts in there but think of the track like a hot female that needs to be tamed.

Truth!

Firestrom is hard at first part, but then very very fast, it's the speedest tracks of all the wipeout games :wink:

Not realy difficult, but extremely speedy

Default Beating SilverStream

Hi there,

Here's my definitive guide to beating SilverStream. Eight years on, I've FINALLY completed this first WipE'out" !! It's been an excellent game, extremely difficult, in fact, the hardest one, yet very rewarding. So because I'm in such a good 'celebrating' mood, I thought I'd give you a hand. :wink:

I've got gold on SilverStream through the F3600 Championship for both the Venom and Rapier Leagues, and have been placed top of both Time Trial charts in the game, so I must be doing something right. Here goes:

1. You are at a HUGE advantage if you get the turbo boost off the starting grid. To do this, accelerate until the thrust meter reaches the second level from the end. Keep at this level until the announcer says 'Go!', and you'll easily overtake two other craft even before you reach the first intersection.

2. I've experimented with using all combinations of routes, and the following route through the track has PROVEN to be the most beneficial. Go LEFT at the first, and use the right airbrake a little to correct yourself after the speed pads located at the next junction. Carry on to the end and you reach...

3. ... the sharpest corner of the whole Wipeout series!! Start airbraking left AS SOON AS you hit the line of speed up pads and hold as you make the turn and do the full 180ยบ around the bend. You will make it without pinballing if you start airbraking AT THE PADS!!

4. In Time Trial, it's best to use your '1 speed boost per lap' on this slow, uphill section of track before...

5. ... you need to turn RIGHT at the second intersection (a left turn results in too much time being wasted changing gradient). Use the speed up pad and then...

6. ... turn RIGHT at the third and final intersection! This is the only intersection where both routes take the same amount of time to complete. However, the right route is highly recommended as it takes less effort and results in generally, a less-stressful ride!

7. Through the series of three sharpish turns I always perform a quick tap of the airbrakes to see me through. It's necessary to turn more quickly here as the abundance of speed pads make the stretch harder to pass without tapping the sides.

8. The intersections meet up again before the final stretch to the finish line. Perform a hard airbrake right followed by a gentle airbrake left to see you through the difficult combination of speed pads and a considerable right bend.

And that's how I do it! My highly-recommended path through SilverStream. I'm gonna launch my new and improved Wipeout site soon which will have similar details for other tracks. Keep checking the LinkZone, and best of luck with SilverStream!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

As you may have read in this thread, most people consider the final left route faster, although harder to master.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Turbo start, right, left, left. The end.
    What an old thread, hehee.

sorry to disapoint everyone, but left - right - left is the only way!

No, left, left, right!
    Use your elevators to nose-up into the climb, and stay off the airbrakes through the final corners.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

wow, I can't wait to get home and try these

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by ahurst View Post
    No, left, left, right!

I'm afraid that if you want anyone to believe that the right fork is the fastest,
    you're going to have to prove it with a time of better than 1:30.
    Actually, enter whatever time you can manage, we'd be interested to know.

I drove that track today. Holy effin s, that track is hard. It likes to accelerate you into a wall just when you need to make the corner and are trying to fly the best line.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by ahurst View Post
    No, left, left, right!
    Use your elevators to nose-up into the climb, and stay off the airbrakes through the final corners.
    I agree with you on this one, it is the fastest route - I finally finished silverstream in the top 3 with L,L,R and I am shaking woooh!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I am also working on it : pretty hard track but i followed Lunar's advices and go LRL doing not so bad result for Pal

I think I went left left left. The track is a bit confused [or is that me?] because it's all ice ice ice and the boostpads visually blend with the ice, and it has all those blind turns [or not] just over the hilltops. Blarg.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

LLR has the fewest sharp turn imho

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Avoid the final R , Ben, get the left route which is far shorter even it's harder. So if you decide to test that way , make it sure to get the right at 2nd split so you ll easily following a straight line to the final left route.

Quote Originally Posted by zargz View Post
    go right in the middle split!
    Quote Originally Posted by zargz View Post
    on the 1st and 3rd split it's way too long 2go right, the middle going right aligns u perfect
    As ever, listen to Zargz.

Left is the only choice on the 1st and 3rd splits. The other routes are just slower. Given that you want to go left on the final split, going right on the 2nd split enables you to tear into it across a double speed pad. I think this bit is also the most fun bit of the whole game, apart from the 2x triple speed pads into tightening corner near the end of Korodera, maybe .

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    Avoid the final R , Ben, get the left route which is far shorter even it's harder. So if you decide to test that way , make it sure to get the right at 2nd split so you ll easily following a straight line to the final left route.
    I tried and did not like it - LLR is the best for me

EDIT: still experimenting with RLR though...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I think I went left left left. The track is a bit confused [or is that me?] because it's all ice ice ice and the boostpads visually blend with the ice, and it has all those blind turns [or not] just over the hilltops. Blarg.
    I did tried to go right in the middle and I actually did`nt like it so I stayed left all the way! and I did felt comfortable that way.

And yes on the last left part is extremely difficult to master but will get there in the end.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I just go left-right-left. Then I let skill do the rest - easing off the accelerator in the hairpins, for example.
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 25th February 2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: being a bit more specific! D'oh!