Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any questions?

Default Any questions?

I have spent most of the last two years playing WO3 non-stop and have tried and tested every single bit of the game and now officialy can be classed as the knowledgemeister of WO3
    So does anyone have any questions about WO3?

there are several people on this board who have played WO3 intensely for 3 years. possibly they may also know something

Default I've got one

HOw do you get perfect laps?

Pick the slowest and best handling ship(Feisar orAssegai) and pick the easiest track to start with and use your airbrakes intensely around the track, concentrating mega-hard and airbraking every turn and you'll soon have a perfect lap,then advance to the next track.....
    Ive got a perfect lap on every track and every prototype track on phantom using that method

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Default Re: Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by fusionfrenzy
    I have spent most of the last two years playing WO3 non-stop and have tried and tested every single bit of the game and now officialy can be classed as the knowledgemeister of WO3
    The folk on the board have been fans of the game, and posting on this board and it's predecessor for almost 3 years. Fair play to you - I'm sure you must be decent at the game, but you're mixing with the biggest fans of the game here.

I mean, congrats on the big head and all - but this takes arrogance to a brand new level... :roll:

On the day that teenage pricks from the Fusion forum outnumber the original members here and every other post is like "I AM THE GREATEST!!" or "Piranha is the best!" this site is going ****ing down - mark my words.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Sounds like a "scorched earth" policy LOL

Yes infoxicated, we've been lucky about that limiting those numbers down. I hope that trend continues.

Keep up the good work,

spaceboy gajo

fusionfrenzy: don't be put off from contributing to the discussions here by the initial hard reception you've gotten in this topic; you will still be accepted as a valuable member of the forums, as long as you lose the bragging attitude. i'm sure you do know a good deal about the game, but there are some very knowledgable people already here. don't let a pumped-up ego get in your own way; it prevents you from detecting the high sarcasm level of posts number 2 and 3.
    welcome to the forums

__lance

SpaceboyGajo: while questions are being asked, if you don't mind answering, which person are you on the NTSC times tables? i'm curious about who the other Canadians are. Jay, known on the forums as Task, is the only one of them whose forum handle i know.

a note to newbies seeking info: in addition to this board, another valuable source of wipeout piloting tips and other info is our old set of forums at EZ-Board, which are easily accessed from the wipeoutzone main page navigation bar. they are no longer active, but they still serve as an archive of our past discussions of wipeout

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated
    On the day that teenage pricks from the Fusion forum outnumber the original members here and every other post is like "I AM THE GREATEST!!" or "Piranha is the best!" this site is going ****ing down - mark my words.
    May this thing never happen.
    Fortunately, sensible persons soon understand what the level of some of our users is (not to say that some of the developpers for the first two games post sometimes in this forums). Posters that are a prick tend to go away after seeing that this isn't a comfortable place for them to be in.

At fusionfrenzy: Welcome to the forums and I hope you belong to the first group of users I described.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Lance: Over here! I'm a Canuck!

Me too eh!

^_^

aus!

auslander, you are indeed a Canuck, but i was asking which Canuck names on the WZ times tables go with which nicks in the forums, cos i like to know who the competition is
    who are the mysterious Derksen, Creber, and Krasey? [and what is their law firm's specialty?] [and why are 95 percent of all online Canadians from around Toronto? ]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Lance,

To be honest, I haven't picked up my copy of Wip3out in a long time. Actually, I've been cleaning my "office" up and was considering in hooking up my Playstation again, just to practice using my airbrakes. You should ask auslander how bad my braking is.

Any ways, I have signed up but I have yet to enter any time whatsoever. My first name is Gajo, so if you do ever see my name on the boards you won't get confused by this Canuck!

Why haven't I played Wip3out? Cannot say for certain. Although I'm probably one of the few people who loves the game more for it's setting and it's back story than the actual game. I consider it to be great science fiction :

I've mentioned it before. I've lived through the games vicariously. Hopefully that'll change perhaps with a new purchase of a PS2?

Perhaps,

spaceboy gajo

PS - Or I'll just finish cleaning the "office" and start practicing

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Default Oh Canadians

SG: Yes, you should definitely hook up your PSX and put a couple laps in. What I find really gets me seriously wanting to play is going through the tables and checking out the #1 time for each track at each setting. Then I compare that to my times and see how far off I am. When it's by a little bit I'm all like "hey, I can beat that time easy!" and I go to it. When I'm off by 10sec or more then I'm all "Wow, there must be something I'm really doing wrong!" and I fly the track looking for the problem.
    One of these days, I'm gonna hold a Toronto Wipers Convention. I'll hook up two modded PSXes (got 'em), put a copy of WO3SE in each (thx zargz!), and invite over you and Auslander for some serious flying. 4-player 50-point Phantom Eliminator on MegaMall? Let's Rock. 8 )

Lance: 95% of Canadas population is in Toronto.
    Well, okay, not really, but you get the idea. 8 )

Geese, you guys sure can't tell when i'm not being serious can you?
    You actually think that i was being serious , well I was being sarcastic! If I was really like that i'd be such a bighead

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

[quote="infoxicated"][quote="fusionfrenzy"]

:-? :-?
    And that is why you will not find me acting like that. Anymore
    Thank you
    Pirhana/Auricom Pilot
    The control, the discipline, the everything else that made this man, into an updated person.

Default um.... sorry?

Quote Originally Posted by fusionfrenzy
    Geese, you guys sure can't tell when i'm not being serious can you?
    You actually think that i was being serious , well I was being sarcastic! If I was really like that i'd be such a bighead
    irony is a difficult medium in text; since it is so easy to see irony when it is not there, and so easy to not see it when it is, it requires a context. you offered no context. it was your first post, one that showed no certain self-evident humour, and we are used to seeing bragging ignorant adolescents over on the official Fusion board and their occasional arrival here, at which point they make the same sort of statement you made, and make it in all sincerity. the odds were extremely high that you meant it also. we tend to go by the probabilities when we're presented with information too incomplete for certainty. i apologise if i read it inaccurately.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Tune in to Sanity FM for a second here, Lance!

Somebody shows up, claiming to be the best of the best... in fact, don't even get me started because I think he's the most arrogant bastard I've ever had arrive on the WipeoutZone/W3PA forums... anyhow - this guy shows up, posts what he posts and all of a sudden we're apologising for reading him wrongly.

From my experience, you don't show up acting like a prick with total strangers unless you really are an arrogant son-of-a-bitch. Where was his apology for being a dick, huh?

I didn't see one - and I don't see a retraction either.

Last week I joined a Denver Broncos discussion forum. In my very first post I told the folk something about me, introduced myself and explained that I was looking forward to talking football with the regulars there.

What I did not do was post "I've been a fan of the Denver Broncos for fifteen years - anyone got any questions?... because I'm the most arrogant wanker who's ever walked the planet and I'm just assuming that you lot must know **** all about the team, despite taking part on an active fan forum." before later claiming I was just being sarcastic and that the members of the forum over-reacted, with liberal use of italics to convey how surprized I am that they actually took me seriously.

FusionFrenzy - do me the favour of answering this question:

What the heck is it with the majority of folk who use the official Fusion forums?

It's like ten minutes there reading about Rachel Johnson's imaginary family before bragging that your team is better than another team poisons their minds and they stomp off elsewhere like a bull in a china shop!!

I make no apology for being vexed about this because to me it's a no-brainer. Why on Earth would you show up somewhere you've never been before - in real life or on the net - and hope to get away with treating the people already there without an ounce of respect?

yes, Rob, you're probably right, but you notice in my carefully worded statement that i said that i apologise ''IF i read it inaccurately''. [the probability is that i did read it accurately ]

and yes, i was doubtul of his claim to sarcasm when it was made only after i pointed out that my first post and Al's were sarcastic. such after the fact me-tooisms tend to be face-saving devices. but i like to give people the benefit of the doubt and to work with them on correcting their odious deficiencies.
    i can be a patient guy. well... sometimes

woah! was this a face-saving post on mY part? dang it
    i am one over-analytical mofo

Default humor

rachel johnson's imaginary family!! : had to laugh at that one. I read that many times

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Default Re: Oh Canadians

Quote Originally Posted by Task
    One of these days, I'm gonna hold a Toronto Wipers Convention.
    Task, I would love to see that happen. I think there's someone also from Guelph. The guy who's into Armored Core. Haven't seen him post in a while. Perhaps make it a Southern Ontario Wipers Convention : Any ways, would like to meet up with other wipers in person. We were supposed to do it before, but we were all busy. I'm still interested. Besides I want to get in a few laps in SE and see what all those left coasters are bragging about!

spaceboy gajo