Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anime topic

Default anime topic

Would be fun to discuss some anime and maybe get some tips of what to look for

I´ll start with my very favorites, Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex , completly new gits serie, among the best studios are producing it, it look awesome!

Also, I´ve discovered I like anime-drama a lot, like, Onegai Teacher , Chobits.. cant decide wich on of them that is my favorite, cause chobits is better animated and cuter, and Onegai Teacher has a more engaging love story but less episodes

Whats your favorite animes, any tips on something worth seeing?

Favourite animes in no particular order:
    -Akira
    -Ghost In The Shell
    -Princess Mononoke
    -Spirited Away
    -Ah! My Goddess! The Movie
    -Ninja Scroll
    -Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion (series)

Ah, anime. Always a good thing! My favorites are Initial D, and Fushigi Yuugi. Others I really like are Serial Experiments Lain, Evangelion, Trigun, GTO, and Gasaraki.

Initial D is based around a gifted driver and has lotsa cars dueling. Fushigi Yuugi...well I guess people call it a "girl's Anime" But I'm a romantic at heart!! ^_^

then you should see chobits or onegai teacher, very very good anime..

for action anime, i gotta say gits:stand alone complex is the best ive seen, that studio is truly the best animators. Production I.G is their name i think.

You could always check their grades and info at www.animenfo.com

anyone seen Witchhunter Robin? same as gits:sac, among the best animation in anime today, kind of a Blade feeling to the enviroments, and cool story, cant say more cause ive only seen 3 episodes yet.

i like Tenkuu no Escaflowne [Escaflowne of the High Skies, or, a worse translation, Vision of Escaflowne] because it has some complexity to the story, some characters that are more 3-dimensional psychologically than the usual anime stuff like um... the one-dimensional Brock in Pokemon.
    i also like the look, the colour and composition, and some of the animation is very effective.
    i have to say that one of its plot secrets was obvious to me, but maybe i'm just more attuned to detecting that particular kind of thing.
    my favourite character in it is Folken

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

anybody seen tekken??
    I liked it .. to bad anna dies thou ..
    my kidbro bought the vhs on a fleemarket
    he said there is a second movie too

PSN ID
    Thorinx

AKIRA is a masterpiece
    and i also like GHOST IN THE SHELL

have seen (not completely yet) NEON GENESIS EVANGELION - aware from the quite interesting story and situations i dont really like the drawings...

im not the huge anime-fan, because the people look too unproportional and most of them drawed too liquidless. AKIRA doesnt belong to that, because the people look like real ones and there are no overkilled gestures with the eyes or the mouth... plus it is a great story and a perfect drawing which couldnt have been made better. and the most surprising: its VERY old! i like AKIRA very well - its also one of my favorite movies

oh - and in case anyone knows it: ive also seen PERFECT BLUE - a perfect psycho movie which entertained me quite much

perfect blue: when those little japanese girls sing the ''perfect blue'' song like mice in hyperspeed, i love it. it's one of those high energy totally warped only the japanese could have created that ambience sort of things. ive not seen the anime itself, though. sounds like it might be entertaining

Production I.G. also did all the cinema's for the Ghost In The Shell game on PSX all those years ago (a fantastic game it was too - fuchikoma's ahoy!)
    It's great that they actually used Shirow's character designs, rather than the completely different look of the movie, which I didn't like, being a big fan of the original manga.

I haven't watched much anime of late
    I noticed Eva Death:Rebirth is out here now on dvd. madman though just started making all their dvd's region 4 only, rather than dual 2+4 - which means I can't watch it on my comp no big loss since it's a useless movie. I'm going to wait till End of Eva comes out (I saw both in japan)

Does anyone know if One Piece is going to get a western release? hilarious show that was that I would quite like to see again if given the chance

I'm totally into Beserk! now, myself.

LOL, I've even gotten my sister into it... I love what I've seen so far, it has a little bit of everything (well, except being funny, save for a few scenes, but it's a tragic anime, so having too much comedy would destory that).

Probably is going to be my most favorite anime yet (trying to wait until I finish the series to make that full statement, Trigun has made me wary of making any statements of that nature before seeing it all).

just began watching Love Hina, its really fun!

Default ..

I'm a hardcore Tekken player and let's just say the anime blows.Horrible animation,story (if there was any in Tekken anyways) and pretty much everything.

I go all out on anime.The ones I absolutely adore is Blackjack,Spriggan,anything from Studio Ghibli or related to it such as Spirited Away,Nausicaa,Totoro,Grave of the Fireflies,Pom Poko and Porco Rosso.Last anime I saw in an Indy Fest which was early this year was the best I've ever seen and that was Millenium Actress.If any of you is lucky enough to have screenings of it near your areas,I heavily recommend you to watch it.

i'm currently using Porco Rosso wallpaper. love the graphics and the concept

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default Anime

I like many different anime series.
    Evangalion, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, AKIRA, Ghost In The Shell, .hack, and many others.

Anyone seen The Slayers series? it's great! highly reccomended, very funny to boot!

^_^

Many good anime´s mentioned, like Spriggan, awesome animation in that one. Im trying to get my hands on hack//sign, it sounds like a good anime. Anyone got any comments on it? If you guys havent seen Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex yet, go download/buy it now, its the finest animated anime Ive ever come across, in style and design its a masterpeice too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by Wamdue
    If you guys havent seen Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex yet, go download/buy it now, its the finest animated anime Ive ever come across, in style and design its a masterpeice too.
    I prefer the style from the movie. By the way, the beers they drink in the movie (in the boat and near the end) are 'San Miguel' a Spanish beer. I don't know why does this appear there. I suppose they sell them in Japan and the author likes them.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Default ..

The animation from Spriggan is done by those that did Ghost in the Shell,I think.And Porco Rosso rules!

Weird though,I would think someone would have mentioned Neon Gen Evangelion.Althugh,in my opinion,a rather overhyped series.And don't make the mistake of getting the so-called "ending" movie..whatsisname.."Birth and End" or "Rebirth"..something like that.

I like NGE a lot, saw it 1,5/ 2years ago. The ending is pretty weird tho..

You mean Death and rebirth. Why? isnt it any good?

Default ..

Intangible is probably the word for me.Death is allright I guess,the abridged version of the series..which has a somewhat prophetic intros to the characters.Rebirth was disappointing for me.

Maybe I just didnt get into the whole series so maybe you might like it though.It really shows the brutality of Man and some disturbing scenes.But that makes it all the more..memorable i suppose.

How are you guys getting a hold of the new GitS series?

I thought it was just released in Japan last month? I'll probably end up biding my time until the region 1 DVD comes out.

uhm, ok since i haven't posted in this thread before:

I'm Steve Costa, and I like anime:

I have (series) Lain, NGE, Escaflowne, Cowbow Bebop, Some of Gasaraki (got bored of it), One Patlabor, One Big O, One Key Metal Idol (awwweful), One Blue Sub 6 (or whatever - $20 for 20 minutes??)

(movie) Patlabor(s), NGE (both the clips episode - er, movie and the Movie), Metropolis, Akira, GitS, Grave of the Fireflies, Final Fantasy Movie, Princess Mononoke..

.. i'd have more, but i quit my job last year so i was cut off from new purchases until last month

aus!

Oh yeah, i'm also *tryyyiing* to get FLCL. It looks great