Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So close!!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I notice that you didn't use any boost at the start of the third lap, but I suppose you'd carry too much speed into the spiral if you did and risk a wall clip.

It's a brilliant lap, though - the small adjustment going through the tunnel chicane after the spiral is great. I generally lack the subtlety required to pull off a small tweak like that at phantom speed.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

. Definitely a nice run. You can see everything clearly now. Keep it up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Definitely a fantastic laptime !
    The video quality is great and very clear : thx a lot for sharing this

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Thanks for the positive remarks guys.

I'll post more videos in the future. Not just for others to enjoy and possibly learn from, but because I also enjoy making these vids and also because youtube could use some more wipeout 3 vids.

Those videos are of good quality I think, and a nice racing line at that. I'll respond to the pm shortly wk, I have been busy with the negcon for ps3.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Quote Originally Posted by WolfKill01 View Post
    Not just for others to enjoy and possibly learn from, but because I also enjoy making these vids and also because youtube could use some more wipeout 3 vids.
    Agreed. Hence why I'm thinking of regularly putting vids on there as well. Though I'm no spectacular pilot, I can have people tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

I got more vids for you guys

As requested, I did speed laps on hi-fumii and stanza inter. I'm actually quite pleased with the stanza vid. Please read the descriptions before watching.

Thanks, and enjoy

Satnza: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzL5dWGdz1M

Hi-fumii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrltj57mokM

I'll upload them to rapidshare later. By the way, you think i should start a new thread to post my vids on, or just keep 'em here?

I think it would be better just to keep 'em here.

keeping them here is good. those times are impressive. I would like to see you do something, for a really good comparison. you seem to be able to hold you line with a dpad very well. so I was wondering if you could

1) Do a perfect race on stanza inter, and we can do a comparison between the negcon and the dpad times. [I might pull it out later to see if I can do a perfect run, see if under 1:55 is possible. But I would love to see a perfect race comparison of the two on this track. Also, Porta Kora would be a good track for a perfect race as well since it is a little easier.

Nice times

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

yeah i agree those are nice times : the 22.80 is pretty impressive if Fury HD is delayed a bit to extreme summer ( meaning autumn) i shall clean the dust from ntsc ps2, my converter , a Neggie and W3O ntsc during my vacation , i haven't entered the ntsc tables yet ( damn we should have a 2nd life a Pal one and a Ntsc one ! ) so that could be a good motivation for me to try to beat Al & you.

Great racing Wolfkill, thanks for making these videos. I don`t think I`ve ever seen Wipeout 3 played that nicely before.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I will be looking out for more vids. Keep 'em coming Wolf.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Indeed. I like the fact that they are on youtube because it brings more exposure and I can favorite it without taking up room on my comp.

do you have a video of your new terminal and hi fumii times? Also, I was curious at to what the turning ability of the icarus is in your game. What does it give for a rating for the turn?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Sorry Al, I didn't get any footage of my new times. The stats of the icaras(according to my game) is: Thrust-13 speed-50 shield-23 handleing-23. Don't quote me exactly on those, the numbers are extremley hard to read on my tv screen. Oh, and kudos to your new times as well. I was able to improve my terminal time, but your stanza time is proving to be difficult to beat. Maybe I'll get a negcon afterall.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I might end up having to. I also have issues reading things on my TV as well. Stanza Inter is proving difficult because I can't see anything when i go into the tunnel.

Hey wolf, can you post a picture of that screen with the ship stats on it? I think there might be different versions here, that we did not know of. The screen from in-game stats.

thanks

and yeah, the screen is blurry as hell, try the sharpness on your screen, it might work
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 6th July 2009 at 10:14 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I have a widescreen and the correction has no effect on anything whatsoever. Is the correction supposed to do anything?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

As requested, here's some pics of the stats, my playstaion, the wipeout 3 game case, and the disc. Sorry if any of them are hard to read. Oh, and I have more videos on the way. All I need to do is get them from the video tape to my computer. That shouldn't be too hard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks alot. just so you know, those stats say

Just like the rest of them. If you don't look at it just right, it looks like what you wrote before. It's like one of those find the picture in the picture hologram things.