Thread: PS3 NeGcon - Can it be done???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Al, did i ever told you you are a pure tech-genius?
    Can't wait for the final result ( will open cam this week to let me see your new Neggie Wonder

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    I am not an electronics genius here. there is no way that I could use a regular ps3 board without knowing exactly where to solder, ect. This board is simple. It turns out that for some buttons/dpad boards, it simply sets itself to on, and you cannot get around it. I tried out a variety of buttons and some worked fine, so it's just going to take me longer than I wanted, thats all. I am going to need to take out the dpads that are in the negcon at the current time unfortunately, but before I do, I'm going to set it so I can play a tt at least (without brs)
    Who said ya were? or that I was? The only kind of button that 'sets itself to on' and stays that way is a latching type of switch, and they don't use those for buttons in controllers. Also ya couldn't use that wheel there unless ya knew exactly where to solder, etc., and since it's not working correctly it seems that board's not so simple after all.

If ya want a decent enough thread to take some of the confusion out of the PS3 controllers have a look here..

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=648322

Timezone
    GMT -5

I actually have the weekend off from work - for the first time in...........

Yeah, a while. I'll try to complete the Neggie so I can ship it back!

the board is simple actually, all slot ins and no sodering at all. some buttons were on all the time, some were off the dpad was always on. It is NOT set like that, however there is a compatablility issue for what ever reason. The buttons are working fine though in place of the dpad, except it is taking longer. I'll probably need to find better buttons for it at some point. I ripped that dpad out of a motorcycle controller for the ps2. the face button pad as well. I might just try and find another dpad that doesn't create this. The controller is twisting excellent however when I tested it out on tt. Can't wait to get it into working order.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

A bit off topic here:

I have never touched a neg-con, whats so great about it? (am i asking a stupid question? please dont kill me )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

In short: Precise steering and pitching at the same time.

mine is done, at least all the wires are connected, and working correctly. I just need to put the negcon back together carefully now. I might wait until tomorrow