Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: just completed the tri-console network!

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

MSR was a game in its own right. Developed by Bizarre and released on the Dreamcast.
    PGR is a graphically-enhanced x-box version of MSR, made by the same studio. there are a few subtle differences in gameplay, and I could go into a lot of detail because I really like the series...... but perhaps ill leave that to another forum - seeing as this is *supposed* to be about fusion.... ops:

heh I know that feeling thruster, when you got a shitload of consoles lying around and wondering am I greedy or just hardcore?

Just bought me a dreamcast, cool deal, I went by the local gamestore and asked if they had any, and they had one pal-dc left, never been used "its yours for 600kr" thats about what a ps2 game costs. And they got vga-adapters, mouse/keyboard ,arcade controller there for it for ridiculous prices, 2usd for a mouse for example. 2usd for a game

And yesterday I got a psOne delivered to me. So now I need to expand my tv-shelf to get room enough for everything, dunno if I´ll sell that pOne tho.

I will buy Quantum Redshift whenever the stocks I invested in gets a little bit higher, cause If i withdraw money now, ill loose lots. And there are games like Splinter Cell and gta:vice, I need to check them out before QR. How is the soundtrack for QR? I dont think Ive seen anyone post about it.

Shouldnt the widescreen option in the dashboard take care of PGR?

And now: an XBOX being smashed into the ground after being thrown down from a 20 story building lol

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

:
    the damn thing weighs enough to leave a pretty large crater from that height!

Widescreen option in the dashboard? Where???? more info plz!

The whole soundtrack for QR is provided by Junkie XL. I dont think they will be releasing any of the tracks, though.... al the tracks sound too similar, and too poor.
    Thanks to the soundtrack selector, I just listen to Wip3out music. Now that`s technology!

I must be going through this phase right now where I just cannot throw away any game consoles. I have a SegaSaturn, Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo Gamecube which really could be put to better use right now... keeping myself entertained soely with GTA vice city! (what a game!!!!!!) Besides, you do freelance for nintendo, dont you wam? you need to have the latest stuff for research purposes. I dont, I am a cientist, working in a laboratory. You are hardcore. I am greedy. (until I get that job at SCEE, though.. then I`ll call myself a gaming guru )

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon
    And now: an XBOX being smashed into the ground after being thrown down from a 20 story building lol
    Even better, driving down interstate 26. In a Z28 Camaro and your going 125 mph on the rd. You grap the XBOX and throw it out the window. And attach with it some fireworks.

Thruster did you ever play the any of the Sega 32bit games?

i'm getting that feeling too, that i just have too many games - mega drive/CD, n64 (that i never play) ps1 and 2, gamecube, evan an atari vcs... i almost bought a snes the other day but common sense prevailed and i realised i really do not need another console! not unless i get a lot more time on my hands somehow...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Techno
    Thruster did you ever play the any of the Sega 32bit games?
    Sega Rally and Daytona USA SCE ruled. I passed many, many hours with them.
    Racing against 40 cars in a very short circuit while taking advantage of the fact that behind a car you could get faster than dealing yourself with air friction is an experience that no game appart from Daytona USA has given me.
    To start with the cars already running was cool as well. A bit too unrealistic maybe but it was 100% arcade flavour.

Sega Rally led my brother and me to a battle for getting the best times only comparable to that of Wipeoutzone tables.

Those were the days... (I must alredy be getting old when I start saying thiskind of things (although I'm 22) )

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

sadly the GBA project got ditched :/

anyway, in the dashboard. Go into settings, then video or something. Over there you can choose wich screensize to use. Also switch your game to PAL-60 mode wich forces a 60 herz signal to your pal tv. Older tv´s wont deal with pal60 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Techno
    Even better, driving down interstate 26. In a Z28 Camaro and your going 125 mph on the rd. You grap the XBOX and throw it out the window. And attach with it some fireworks.
    Thunder Bomb...... Commuter eliminated.

:

after all that my girlfriend buys me a game boy advance! (not that i'm complaining mind)

i'd like one of those, too; wouldn't turn it down at all.
    and while i'm at it, a gamecube

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

:lance
    of course I did!
    Some of the segasaturn games still havent been beaten. Daytona, Sega Rally, Digital Pinball, and best of all, Fighters Megamix. It is Fighting Vipers mixed with Virtua Fighter 2. Excellent games in themselves, but when combined..... could possibly be the best fighting game ever. I still dig the old consoles out every now-and-then, it just seems really funny that when the Saturn came out, I thought it could not get any better...
    eight years and several credit cards later...
    :xEik and I did have a thread going on the old wip3out forum discussing the exact lyrics to the daytona theme song.... quite possibly one of the most bizarre topics I started, sorry... ops:

:wamdue
    I tried that, and I even set my xbox up for widescreen, but it still displays in 4:3. Thats just the way it has to be, I guess....
    A great trick for playing Auto Modellista on a widescreen(16:9) tv is just to set the refresh rate on the game to 50Hz, and set the 16:9 tv to "zoom". It also works great with ridge racer V, all except the framerate thing..
    sorry to hear about the GBA thing, I hope you still send them your CV.

:mano
    I always wondered what that "X" stood for...
    at last, a microsoft product that only crashes once, AND serves the community! Clasic! :

Thrusty: ?

[Thruster:2097]

To display the lyrics to the Daytona theme song:

[Saturn]: Set the number of laps to normal in the options menu. Choose arcade mode in the mode select menu. Hold Up while selecting a track. Press Up during a race to display the theme song lyrics.

[Genesis]: Select arcade mode. Hold Up + C at the track selection screen. The lyrics to the theme song will be displayed.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

Sorry lance, message intended for DJ Techno.

Thrusty: it wasn't a prob; i was just curious as to where the remark came from.
    there were about 3 different people who did that same thing within about a day. a contagious virus i guess

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

I hate virus! That's why I don't use my own computer at home for going online. :x
    But it will soon stop after Janury

Thruster I read your message.
    Eight years and several credit cards later! Dam that is a lot of money you spent!

I couldn't get into Sega. Nintendo and the Atari were the game consoles for me.

i love my megadrive! (that's europe-ish for sega genesis) it still sees a fair bit of action now, which is probably why it's on it's last legs.

i can recommend a game by advance, although it might be worth waiting until the new model comes out with built in screen lighting. there's something really cool about having a full-on game on a console that small.

Timezone
    GMT -5

xbox doesnt have what a ps2 has: A library of over 700 games at least