GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

way2go lance!!

J, I still didnt get the cd ..
    I'm begigning 2worry .. :cry:

thanks, z

___

i'm wondering if the thailand government is so pissed at the posters in the Christina Aguilera video that they're blocking all shipments from North America!

mm... or are you back there, now?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

no .. :-? I'm trying 2make some money 2go there for @least a couple of weeks or a month.
    what about those posters??
    havent seen them .. :roll:

supposedly the two posters displayed in the boxing sequence translate into english as ''Thailand’s sex tourism'' and ''young underage girls''. some people in Thailand feel that this sullies the spotless reputation of Thailand and its wholesome tourist industry. the posters are apparently genuine posters from Thailand.

Default update: phantom prototype 1

G: ive not beaten your time yet, but ive closed in a bunch.
    on laptime, one-tenth of a second behind [27.27 set with an AG-S. also tried a Pirhana and got a 27.56 with it].
    racetime is down to 2:28.90, 2.07 seconds back. set with an Assegai.

both of us can do way better; i'm only getting one or two 'perfect' wallbangless [WBL] laps per race, and i'm missing boost pads all over the place. and i can't be using hyperthrust in the right places.

hoo eeeee, this phantom class stuff is great!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I found that while racing Phantom, anywhere I could use boost was fine. It's not like you've got a whole lot of time on the track, at Phantom speeds even the long straightaways go by in a second... Of course, that only holds for the tracks where you can pit. A lot of the tracks I just can't pit at Phantom, I get slower times. For those ones, I end up choosing one spot to boost and using it there every lap. By the time the race is over, I'm outta boost.
    Still, the best part is in discovering when and where by yourself. 8 )

zargz: You still haven't gotten it? How long did it take to get to you last time?

i've been finding 2 or 3 places on some circuits where boost is useful. unless i can perfect pitting, though, i can only use little dabs of boost in each one, or i run out of boost and shield before those 5 laps are up, and i need shield energy when i lap the slower ships on that last lap or two. well, ive only gotten good enough on one track in phantom class to do any lapping, but i'm extrapolating in a very positive-thinking kinda way about the others

_____

update on the update, G, i cut only one one-hundredth from my fastest lap, but i cut the racetime to 2:26.30, a lead of .53. Al is less than 19 seconds ahead! woohoo... sorta :roll:
    if we keep pushing each other, we may actually get in sight of him.

oh, just for giggles, i tried a Feisar a couple of times. 2:38.03, and it can go faster. i was surprised. also tried Icaras. argh. tough to drive. after about three tries, i got to 2:39.xx. at my current level of skill, i found Assegai, AG-S, and Pirhana to all be about equal to each other. [on this course]

Woo hoo! Great job Lance, I'll have to try to give you some challenge (I've noticed that you totally own me on that track in Venom and Rapier too!), as soon as I can drag myself away from playing Vice City. :

Continuing on the thrust conversation, on this track, I usually only pit once every 2 laps, on the other lap (when I'm not pitting) I use the straightaway to put on full thrust. Just got to make sure I slow down in time to make the upcoming corner, hitting it would just make the whole fiasco worthless! :

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Xactly what track r u talking about?

J, I dont remember but now it's been more than 2weeks!!!

is that the video where she 's showing her @$$ on a boxing ring??

the prototype 1 course. the one where FoxZero blistered us all severely in the vector challenge

i hope you get that ntsc disc soon

i do believe that is the video, yup.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

zargz: I'm pretty sure it takes at least 2 weeks. How long was it between you sending SE and me getting that? That was a little while. It'll reach you before the WO3 portion of the tourny, that's for sure. 8 )

Prototype1: Oh, so that's the course that the action's been on! I hadn't checked that area in a little while. Wow, you guys have made some serious improvements there, haven't you? Okay, time for me to get into this... (time passes)... Okay, at least I've caught up to y'all now. Nice times, Lance, you're definitely getting the hang of the faster speed classes. I'll hafta put some more time into this one, I'd forgotten how much of a nice track this is. A good opportunity to practice with the airbrakes, that's for sure.

And good lord, what video are you guys talking about? No, wait, I don't think I wanna know. 8 D

In case you're wondering, no, I haven't taped pickles to my head recently. What I have done is played XG3. I keep going for the fire button to boost now dammit!

thanks, Jay. maybe Al's information about the reflexes going when i hit 59 was off by a year

good going, yourself, on the phantom time; less than 18 seconds away from Al, now. we're closing in! we're gonna catch up, i just know it!
    of course, he might put in an even more startlingly good time just before we get there. but that's more incentive for the rest of us, right?

but first, i'll see what i can do about your lead, next time i get a session in

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Task:
    'zargz: I'm pretty sure it takes at least 2 weeks.
    It'll reach you before the WO3 portion of the tourny, that's for sure. 8 ) '

let's hope so ..

lance:
    'the prototype 1 course. the one where FoxZero blistered us all severely in the vector challenge'

grrrrrrrrrrrr .. I shouldn't have asked .. :

'i do believe that is the video, yup. '

well then I'll hafta take anatha look @ it just 2c those posters .. aehum ..
    I think then I'll look something like this ..

LOL, you know what's funny about this?

Our 3 times are flipped for race vs. lap. Lance gets stuck in the middle either way though.

O.K., I think I'm at a point where I can stop playing Vice City now, already chased away the stupid evil tax collector (), so my businesses are safe for profits now.

I'll have a go at it tomorrow to see what I can do.

[evil grin] that's okay, i'm the only one of the three of us who's got an overall first.
    [however temporary and brief]

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

I got the game .. and was so happy ..
    but it didnt work .. :cry:
    so it's the multiX in my machine that wont work
    I dont get it coz it's an ORIGINAL!!! :
    well well .. some times u win some times u lose ..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Yeah, FoxZero is a _demon_ on this track. There's no way I'll ever beat him at Vector, but I'm sure that with a little practice I could take Venom and Rapier. 8 )

zargz: You got it, good! I didn't think it was gonna work for you. It's region 1, and you're not, that's why you need to mod your PSX before you can use it. I modded mine really cheap, but I'm handy with a soldering iron. You should be able to pick up a mod chip for $10 (no idea what that'll translate to for you, but it ain't 'spensive) and the provider often offers installation for the same amount. MultiX? What's that?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

that's the mode chip = my psx is allready moded!!
    I was looking @my 'toasted' psOne and it's ntsc/J so that's y I could play the cd
    u sent me b4. it has been modyfied 2play PAL games!! (I bought it in asia)
    anyway my bro says it might not be fried so I'll go downtown 2 c if I can get some
    kinda adapter fr 110 to 220 volt .. :roll:

On boosts:

Even on phantom there are places where to use them better... The long straight on Mega Mall, the pre-tunnel piece at Sampa Run... or the long straight in Terminal?

I recently was struggling at the Mall again... Next time I'll try to do Altima at SE. Why do so few people insert their times from the SE Classic tracks? We need a little competition here!

V.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

2days ago i got an adapter and it WORKS!!! I can play my new(2nd hand) ntsc wo3 !!! yahoo!! :
    and the psOne was NOT toasted as I thought (i'm not so technical but if it begins 2mell burnt then ..)
    anyway .. lance? .. aehumm ..
    check out the prototype1 track we were talking about some days ago will'ya? :wink: