Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fusion on PC

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

As of the time of this post, Fusion is 100% playable in PCSX2. It's just a matter of whether your computer can handle it. I can get it to run at about half speed, or between 25 and 30 FPS, on my Mac Mini Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz with 2 GB RAM in Vista.

Unfortunately I can't bring over my completed game save from my PS2 and for some reason I can't run the save game utilities that will let me import other game saves online. Has anyone been able to do this?

It looks pretty damned good in 720p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6fhq2-6z-A

It'll be nice to have a computer someday that's powerful enough to run it at 60fps.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I could probably run this at around 60FPS... I just don't have the game.
    Pulse on PS2 ran pretty well, except in intense scenes where it slowed the gameplay down (VSync to on otherwise Pulse never played properly)
    I'd like to at least try... AFAIK PCSX2 is configured for Pulse and nothing's changed since the last time so Fusion should work "out of the box" if I ever manage to get it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Tested PCSX2 0.9.8 (on Windows 7) with newer hardware today. WipEout Fusion works like a charm. It's running at 4x native resolution, full 50fps. Beautiful.

Finally it's really fully playable, and it's even looking better than ever.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I was playing WOF the other day, so I’ve attached a few screenshots, just in case anybody is wondering how the game looks like with polished bitmaps and high resoultion. Be warned, the images are quite large in size, as I did not want to ruin the quality. Enjoy

EDIT:
    The attachment system downscales the images and lowers the quality. I’ll watch out for an alternative hosting solution, if there’s any interest. So long these images are save, here on WipEout zone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (234.0 KB, 47 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (196.0 KB, 42 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (287.3 KB, 43 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (309.1 KB, 51 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (227.3 KB, 49 views)
    • File Type: jpg 14.jpg (188.7 KB, 39 views)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hey, when comparing your pictures (nice quality anyway) with some on ign.com, I think that you didn't enable widescreen fix in the game options or something because some look a bit stretched. This is especially visible on the fourth one...
    Also check the fifth; that guy with the mustache

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yes, I’m well aware of this issue, although I have widescreen enabled. It’s either a problem with the (european version of the) game or the emulator. Haven’t figured it out yet.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

For image hosting you can use imgur. Pretty much the best I've ever found even if it goes down often enough. Have to keep in mind that 90% of the pics on Reddit are on it.

PSN ID
    neko68k

An image is likely to be a little more reliable than loading off a real cd. You no longer have to take into account drive seek/spin up times and things like this. Also, FWIW, playing fusion pretty much requires an i7. I have a 3ghz phenom 2 x4 and its still not enough(though its close, perhaps the intel optimizations for gsdx would help), and its not my video card.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

EDIT: Okay so I tried it out. Not particularly proud of how I got the game or anything but my reasoning includes not thanking Sony for what they did recently and SL not getting any of the money I would have spent on a used copy anyways.

Whatever, to the point.
    Yeah there's some slowdown, but hardly hardware related. Fusion is more CPU demanding than Pulse (Haha, another downside!) strangely enough, but it's not like it's maxing out any of my four cores for a sufficiently long period of time anyways. CPU usage didn't seem related to the spots where slowdowns occurred anyways.
    GPU usage is the same, stays at 60% even when it slows down. That's 40% it's not using that it could give, so again it doesn't really make sense.

My conclusion is that the emulator itself is the problem. Oh and by slowdown, it goes down to 50FPS instead of 60FPS... Wouldn't be a problem in a normal game but this is synced to the refresh rate, so you can and do feel it somewhat.

Also I don't think I like this game anyways
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 7th September 2012 at 08:58 AM.

PSN ID
    neko68k

Keep in mind; Fusion did weird things with interlacing and frame rate to keep the action up. I've noticed that the slowdown in emulation is usually in an area where the game would normally be using that funny low frame rate interlaced thing that it does on the console. It pretty much runs awesome otherwise.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Post Bios

*Post removed*
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 7th May 2013 at 02:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I never realized that game was a resource hog.