Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
Results 1,281 to 1,288 of 1288

Thread: Website for Global Rankings

hey conna, nugget here, can't wait for the update! do you have any idea when it's up? the site is backup again but it still have some errors

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Conna, I just sent you a PM......as I did ages ago [When Omega Pack was released]....hopefully you will answer this one....MUCH NEEDED site for record keeping

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Okay, the site is a mess, because it's old code (2007) and I can do 100x better now, and certainly not in .php anymore ... did you know that the host upgraded PHP from 5 to 7 and then of course the site stopped working, as PHP 7 is not backward compatible (facepalm)! Of course, on the host, it's not possible to revert to PHP 5.
    However, the only problem is the domain name, I'd like to keep wipeoutrankings.com.
    I'm willing to do the work because I already have another version that supports multiple games. I'll check your message now.

- - - Updated - - -

I started working on it now, going to transfer the domain and have a completely new and better site, written in node.js and javascript and getting rid of the php code.
    I'm not starting from scratch as I have the layout and javascript for handling multiple games, that part works great and here are some screenshots.
    So I just need to redo the server side.
    ETA: 3 weeks. Until them, please write down the records somewhere else.
    Also, I will add a surprise that will look fantastic, but I won't say anything until then.

Attachment 11086
    Attachment 11087
    Last edited by Connavar; 7th October 2019 at 05:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Hey Connavar, what about adding 'BallisticNG' to the rooster of games included into your rankings site? I know, it's not an official wipEout game, but technically spoken it is the most complete wipEout game out there, and the best one as well

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Hi, the new site is almost ready and supports any game as long as they have similar modes, like SPEED LAP, TIME TRIAL, etc.
    Can you give me the list of all modes + tracks + classes + ships for that game?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

yeah, of course, i'll make a list and sent it via pm...

hey, here are the infos regarding the game...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/473770/BallisticNG/

mode: Race / Time Trial / Speed Lap / Survival (Zone)

class: Toxic (Venom) / Apex (Flash) / Halberd (Rapier) / Spectre (Phantom) / Zen

track: Cassandra / Zephyr Ridge / Surge / Harpstone / Aciknovae / Zephyr Climb / Nova Split / Luna / Dover / Ishtar Citadel / Arrivon XI / Omega Harbour / Utah Project / Marina Rush / Atlantica / Europa / Vega Square / Route 05 / Thunderhead / Basin / Metro
    - ALL of those tracks have a reverse version and can be raced in Mirror mode as well, which means 4 variants of each track!

special track: Tokyo Bowl / Relay / Underpass / Lujiazui Park / Hydrome Bed (no Survival mode!) / Arrivon Peak (no Survival mode!)
    - ALL of those tracks have NOT a reverse version, but can be raced in Mirror mode, which means 2 variants of each track!

team: G-Tek / Wyvern / Hyperion / Scorpio / Omnicom / Diavolt / Nexus / Tenrai / Protonic / NX2000 / MTech / Caliburn / Barracuda 0 / Barracuda A
    - ALL of those teams can be raced in ANY mode, but NOT in Survival mode!

special team: Barracuda S
    - it's the standard Survival ship and can be used in any mode, but must be unlocked first, which is not an easy task

VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW IS:
    this game consists of 2 physics models, that means you have the PS1 era and the PS4 era physics, which essentially means you get 2 completely different games!
    PS1 era (2159) = handling mix of wipEout 2097 and wip3out!
    PS4 era (2280) = handling mix of wipEout HD/Fury and wipEout 2048!

cheers and thank you very much in advance...
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 15th November 2019 at 08:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Thanks. What's that mirror mode, it changes the track completely, or just visually? Wondering if I should include that in the rankings.
    I'll add a new filter for the physics model.
    A bit tricky to add the exceptions like: "ship is available in all modes except Zone".
    Race = Single Race + Multiplayer Race?
    Also which stats are kept for those modes, same as Wipeout HD? for ex: Speed Pads, Best Lap, ...

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 11113Attachment 11114
    Got this for now. Track order that you gave is correct, or better to put it in alphabetical order?

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 11115
    See the "PHYSICS" filter? It only appears when "Ballistic NG" is chosen, that way, it doesn't unnecessarily clutter the interface when looking at other games.
    I can use this technique to add game specific filters for upcoming games.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Mirror mode is exactly that, it mirrors the track, which makes it a new track.

Race = single and multiplayer race, yes.

the track order in my above post is exactly the ingame order.

for Race and Time Trial modes the extra section is 'Best Lap', for 'Survival' mode the extra section is 'Perfect Zone'. Speed Lap has no extra section.