Thread: got it!

Default got it!

i finally got wipeout 64 - saw a console for £16.99 and the game for £8... couldn't really say no!

strangely the graphics don't seem as nice as 2097, but then i don't have a scart lead for the n64 so that could be the difference.

favourite track so far is qoron IV, nice and fast without too many tricky turns

iv never seen/played 64, is it any good???

what ships are on it?

Default wipeout 64

I love wipeout 64. a little more forgiving(but not much) than wipeout xl but plays almost identical. the graphics are a little smoother but slightly blurrier(taken care of by s-video). lots of people say this game stinks compared to xl, but it is really almost exactly the same game.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

the oppnents can quake you that's good ..
    the pop up thou is as bad (or worse) than in wo1!

i like it, it's like wipeout 2097 part 2. i find the ships are a little easier to control, the stay where you put them.

rhys - ship are the same as wipeout 2097 except for the piranha (which i haven't unlocked yet) which has weapons.

definitely worth the money i paid for it.

it was a bit of a shock when i first got quaked but now i prefer the computer shipd having more weapons

Default Re: wipeout 64

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    the graphics are a little smoother but slightly blurrier(taken care of by s-video).
    also, i just found out the scart cable from a game cube works fine with an n64.

jmoid:
    i finally got wipeout 64 - saw a console for £16.99 and the game for £8... couldn't really say no!

Bummer... I just got mine today and I paid £25 for the console ad £14.99 for WipEout 64! Where was this low-priced utopia of which thou speakst?

Anyway... lovely game. Pop-up is rather disconcerting, and although the music tracks are good (kudos for including that cool one from the Propellorheads) I don't think there are enough of them. Circuits and gameplay are pretty cool.

The controls are nice and smooth, but I had to learn to move my thumb on the stick differently from the ones on a Sony pad... the PS pads make you splay your thumbs further away from the rest of your hand, so you sort of have to move your thumb sideways to move the stick up. When I played WO 64 my thumb lay much closer to the rest of my hand, so I had to move it in a different fashion.

Shame there's no way to get the music off the thing, though... I want those PC music tracks in my mp3 player (the others I already have on CD).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Actually there might be a way
    I did this when I was still playing 64, and chose to use the Red, Yellow, white wires for fun
    You take the red, yellow, and white cords to your VCR and Nintendo 64
    you connect the cords and the VCR together.

The red, yellow, and white cords are connected to the VCR, test it first to see if it worked. (change the channels on the VCR from 1,2,3,4,etc) and put a tape in the vcr and press play. Then turn on the nintendo 64 and press play on the vcr. If you can see the game and not the tape, you have done it correctly.

Place your blank vhs tape inside and hit record.
    Now, of course when you are recording and listening to the music tracks, you have to watch/listen very carefully. Because each song doesn't stop it keeps repeating. Other wise you are going to get the whole song you wanted and also a little bit more of it again.

all the songs on Wipeout 64 together is less than an hour.
    Also Jmoid you want to get the music from the ending credits on WO64 it's worth listening to.

After your done, if you have a DVD/VHS recorder, take the tapes you have and record them on cd
    Check Ebay or some other shopping network place for the unit
    It should cost about three hundred maybe four hundred dollars plus tax.
    "I thats how much I bought mine"

Use that and record all the songs you had on the tape, put them into the cd, Wala, Wipeout 64 the soundtrack.
    The cd works with computer and mp3's
    enjoy
    Also get a DVD R/RW disk
    regular R/RW disk didn't work for me, but you might have better luck.

Ack... think I'll just try my luck on KaZaA.

100th post, yay!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

That's been a long time coming - where've you been Anna?

I went off WipEout a bit after getting Fusion. Lovely as a standalone game, but buggy as hell and not very true to the WipEout spirit. Not the same without the DR interface and Vector, etc. either.
    Plus there's been college, giving my website a revamp, finding new boards and so forth. But I'm back now.

well, it's good to see you back, Anna. i hate when our pilots get lost down some one-way street. say, you didn't happen to see Joel, or Vincoof, or MasterRailgun wandering around out there did you?

hi anna
    i got my n64 from gamestation (in brighton), i think Gamestation is a chainstore, but it seems a bit better than the ubiquitous Game - they have more 2nd hand stuff and it's a bit cheaper.

I got mine from Mad Andy's Gamestation... I'd always thought his shop was a one-off but maybe I'm wrong. He sells los of second hand stuff in very good nick, and he sells RCcars as well.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

There's a Gamestation store here in Columbia, but they just name the place Game Station
    because it's inside a mall.
    Sorry Anna
    it was a long list of instructions to give someone, but that wast he first time I tried to get music from wipeout 64, tried mp3.com or any other place, but no luck.

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/

i say mad andy should speak to his lawyer, he might have a case

to get the tracks off WO64 why don't you just record them onto mini-disk? [through a amp]

Didn't Amigo Jack have a site with all the MP3's from Wipeout 64 on it?

Can remember the address at all though, but I do seem to remember it was an Angelfire site...

if you did want to record through an amp the standard SCART cable you get with a gamecube would do it as it has seperate stereo outputs, in fact if you use an adaptor you could plug it straight into a minidisc (although be careful with the recording volume)