Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout 64 Review - Possibly the worst I've seen.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Amen to that, first WO game i owned but boy did I play the hell out of it. My cartridge eventually died because I played it too much. Still a instant classic in my eyes

Mine still lives, and is used daily

Timezone
    GMT -5

Just bought a new copy from Game Quest Direct the other day.

After playing wipeout 3 for a few months and now this... I think I might like wipeout more than f-zero.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's a better futuristic racing game. They're both as fun as eachother, but Wipeout64 is far more advanced.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Advanced would be a good way of describing WO64, but only if the weapons were even across the board. That was it's one downside in that first place robbed you of turbos, quakes, and bombs to blow away the lapped racers who have a knack at firing at you even though you lapped them.

Otherwise, WO64 rocks!

'Nuff said!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yeah that whole lapping thing messed me up in the weapons missions. In wipeout 3 I would hang out at the back of the back and take out cars as I moved up. You won't make the check points if you do that in this game.

By the way, what am I supposed to call the vehicles anyway? I know its not cars.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

i tried to watch it but it said ´video removed by user´

He removed it!

VICTORY!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah it's been that way for some time.

Oh, well, good.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitar64 View Post
    What losers. They make no valid points and diss probably my favourite wipeout game.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZ0p...eature=related Heres another hater, who goes to the extremes of spitting on the cartridge and throwing it on the floor and hating it when he didn't even finish one race. Loser.
    I don't know,but should we make a review as a counter-attack?Some say that WipEout "2098"(WipEout 64) is a "Mini-League" series. Is that why the ships were similar and that the tracks were almost similar?(I got this info from an online guide)I think that explains the menu of not having "tournament" or "campaign" and having "challenges" instead.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

I just about peed my pants reading fredfredburgerdude's respose to the hammerfist101 WO64 review.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I felt like wanting to type"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but WipEout does not suck.It is YOU(the reviewer) that suck!" when I see such videos.
    I saw that a reviewer said Auricom as "whatever that means" and AG-Systems as "this little guy"(The duo review).They also did not use the airbrakes!They just crashed out!
    Even when I first played WipEout 2097 on the Sega Saturn,I was in love with the game,although I was only five to six years old and did not really know about how to play the game.
    WTF?
    I feel like wanting to make a positive review about WipEout 64,but I have fears of people saying "that I have no life and should get one".
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 18th October 2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: "Cash instead of "Crash"

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

Why are you afraid? They're the ones who need lives. Make that video.

Look, an INTELLIGENT review of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDMfFNP2ycc
    Last edited by Slacker; 26th November 2009 at 08:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Problem is,mine is the emulated one.
    I dunno,if I can really play it on the emulator,it can be really played on the real console?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Well, I imagine youll loose some of the original feel of the game, but Im also sure its playable on pc too. Make a review here on the emulation?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Unfortunately no emulator really gets the game perfect; there's either really bad pop-up, or the background textures don't stretch/scale right... it's still playable, but the N64 really is the way to go. The only benefit of doing it in an emulator would be high-res graphics.

I was thinking of sitting down and doing a review of the game, but I can't be bothered to record clips and cut and splice and all that happy-horsesh*t, so instead maybe I'll just record playthroughs of each track like I did on XL ...I do have a whole month break from school starting this week, so maybe it'll give me something to do

EDIT: also, that fat kid on youtube is either a troll or a retard, he doesn't even like Mario Kart 64: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O1tGgVenx0
    Last edited by AG-wolf; 7th December 2009 at 01:25 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I like your point on the comment(although I thought I saw WAY more comments)
    I feel that the fat teenager(?) uses a poor quality microphone(allthough I heard that he said(or something to that sense) :"All happy about it.It sucks!This game has no selector!It is just race!"
    I beg to differ.I played it before on project64(the emu) before and guess what?There was a selector!
    That fat person also said during the WipEout 64 review:"Let's hope that I don't die."
    This is a reply to the fat guy:"I hope that you ARE happy that you did not die,you *bleep*(censored to protect young minds and because I could not think about any word to describe him)"
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 9th December 2009 at 03:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

That wuss Hammerfist101 is deleting comments now. Guess he just couldn't think up any good come backs, eh?

Tom the Hedgehog's review. Just as stupid as the others, but glad to see fredfredburgerdude is still on the offensive.

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

Wo64 overall ages the worst of the series. all are decent at least.
    Why no tournament in the game?
    The graphics sucked because 1. it made the locations look bland and 2. it was outdated by WO3 coming out the same year. So why couldnt the game had graphics from WO3?
    Those graphics are awesome on the PSone/Saturn, but it doesn't look natural on the 64.
    Why couldn't the game have more original levels instead of mirrored remakes?
    The game's decent, but it is the most flawed of the entire series.

P.S: I found a Video Game Vault on ScrewAttack on this game. Don't know if anyone else saw it or has it.

http://screwattack.com/videos/VGV-Wipeout-64