Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: adhocParty to enable online play

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Tried it tonight and it was a blast. People were also very nice. Not the jerks one is supposed to find in online gaming.

yay its out now on uk store, adhoc party

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Good!, *away to dl right away!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Do we know yet if the JPN, NA and PAL versions of adhoc party can "communicate" with each other? Or so we all need to stick with one version if we want to race?

Probably I will download the PAL version of adhoc party over the holiday. I have the 50 feet of ethernet cable ready-- but dammit it is a lot of work to string it up in a fashion that is stable and attractive (or at least, not too unattractive!)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

sadly they can't communicate with each other. Ad hoc party jap is the best version according to what I heard, Kaori could confirm why maybe.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Well, that is a pity, I don`t have japs version cos, I did tried everything to make it work.

So, I have us and euro version downloaded and ready to play.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    I have the 50 feet of ethernet cable ready-- but dammit it is a lot of work to string it up in a fashion that is stable and attractive (or at least, not too unattractive!)
    The setup I used (it works but it might not be suitable for you) is the following:

Laptop connected to ADSL router wirelessly via WiFi
    PS3 connected to laptop via ethernet
    PSP connected to PS3 via WiFi (obviously)

My laptop is always sitting near the PS3 anyway so I simply shared its Internet connection (WiFi) with the PS3 (ethernet).

In case anyone needs help regarding setting up the IPs I can go into more detail.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    sadly they can't communicate with each other. Ad hoc party jap is the best version according to what I heard, Kaori could confirm why maybe.
    Because 8 PS3 can be connected each other, only 4 in EU or US versions.
    And connection is stabler (I saw that with Gran Turismo).

Once you have understood how works adhoc Party, you can easily use japanese version.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by xEik View Post
    Laptop connected to ADSL router wirelessly via WiFi
    PS3 connected to laptop via ethernet
    PSP connected to PS3 via WiFi (obviously)
    Hi xEik, yes, I'd like to learn more about this option. I was messing around with something similar using my PowerBook (connected wirelessly to an Airport Extreme base station and sitting near the PS3) as well as an Airport Express unit that we had lying around (which can connect wirelessly to the Airport base station, and then in theory share the internet connection to the PS3 via an ethernet cable).

Never got this to work, however, and after a half-hour of trying, I gave up-- any pointers would be appreciated

Is the internet connection using this gerry-rigged set up decently fast in your experience? I don't want to both other WO racers with extreme lag.

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    Because 8 PS3 can be connected each other, only 4 in EU or US versions. And connection is stabler (I saw that with Gran Turismo).
    Wow-- amazing that the there is such a difference between the JPN and PAL/NTSC versions of the program! I was kinda hoping that they would be equivalent *grumble grumble*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

1. Go to System Preferences.
    2. Choose the Sharing Panel.
    3. From the list enable "Internet Sharing"
    4. In "Share your connection from" choose Airport
    5. In "To computers using" choose "Ethernet"
    6. In System Preferences go to the Network panel
    7. Check the Airport settings (you probably have it set up using DHCP which is automatic and is fine) in TCP/IP you can see your IP address, subnet mask and router. In my case, as an example, they are 192.168.0.193, 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.1 respectively.
    8. Check the DNS as well for the airport. In my case my DNS server is my DSL router 192.168.0.1
    9. Now the important part. You have to manually configure your ethernet in your laptop. The other important thing is that the ethernet will be in a different subnet.
    10. In my case the IP address for the ethernet interface is 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 Note that the third number in the ethernet card is different from the one in the WiFi card. Given the subnet mask, this means you are in a different subnet.
    11. Your laptop is now fully setup. Connect an ethernet cable from it to the PS3
    12. Change your PS3 network configuration.
    13. Choose wired connection.
    14. Choose to configure it manually.
    15. Enter your IP as 192.168.1.2 It is a different IP in the same subnet as the ethernet in your laptop
    16. Choose 255.255.255.0 as the subnet
    17. Choose 198.168.1.1 as the router. The laptop will be routing your traffic.
    18. For the DSN server choose the same you saw for the Airport. In my case it was 192.168.0.1 Note that the DSN server is in a different subnet but that is fine because the laptop will route the PS3 traffic.
    19. Once you have finished setting up your PS3 try signing on the PSN. If this works you are ready to go.

Remember that you need to have paired your PSP to your PS3 at least once as you do for remote play in order to use it in adhoc Party.
    The important thing in this long explanation was this: to correctly share your connections they must be in different subnets.
    As for lag, the only game I tested was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (I'm more into cooperative online gaming than competitive online gaming) and in 4 hours I only saw lags 2 or 3 times. It's hard to tell because a racing game will probably have much tighter constraints.

Hope it helps.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I now had successfully downloaded japs version today!!!! and I`m ready to play Pure!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Start now, world J1- lobby 35

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by xEik View Post
    brilliance distilled into words and numbers
    Fabulous, xEik-- much appreciated!

I will try to get this set up (either with my laptop or an additional airport unit) over the weekend

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Well, I finally got the Japanese AdHoc Party. So if anyone out there has the NA version of Pure and wants to play, I'm all for it.

I have a j account, where do I download this, I am not fluent in japanese. Ok forget that, I have the english version. how do I get it to work? In exact order would be great for me, since I have no clue as to what I am doing.

ok, second edit here, I have adhoc party onscreen, but when I search the rooms, noone is there. How do you get into the room if noone is there to set up a game?

ok, so if the ps3 has detected my psp, and I am in the worlds am I all set?

I went into worldj1 room 35, and I am set up in there (my avatar). would someone need to join that room now? and as long as I have a game set up they can join?
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 2nd March 2010 at 05:08 PM.

PSN ID
    omracer

if you have a room open. anyone can join it
    then host a race on the psp. the other people will find the match when searching on there copy