Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to troubleshoot and fix online problems

I refuse to adopt the mistaken terminology of a person who blames a software operating system for the failure of a laptop harddrive made by someone completely different from the creator of the operating system, particularly since the software of the harddrive is not made by the makers of the general operating system either. Nor was the computer itself made by the writers of the OS. Nor does that Operating System hardware have anything whatsoever to do with the online gaming experience since the console and the network are of an origin quite unrelated to the criticised OS. I prefer to call something what it actually is.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

LOL

Tell me you didn't just post that. It's a joke dude, take it easy.

I posted that not in response to your joke, but because of the continuing stupidity of the name and the non-validity of the motivation for giving it has bothered me for a considerable time, hence the venting of my view. Even if there were an actual parallel similarity of ineffectiveness [I have never seen a parallel in this case], the name is still too indirect and irrelevant to be an accurate description or offer a possible clue to the cause of the problem.

And now, to the fixing of the online problems. If they can actually be fixed. If this particular glitch nEver occurs offline, then either the program is not receiving data input because of connection cutouts or slowdowns, in which case the problem cannot be resolved unless your connection is made flawless, or the code that detects the pad crossover is too simple to allow for late detections, in which case, MAYbe the detection can be improved.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Anybody has difficulty connecting to WipEout online in North America?

All of a sudden, the game wont let me in. Its stuck on the "Connecting..." screen for an eternity. I tried logging off before starting the game and log myself within the game, but no, its useless. It happened to me for the first time yesterday evening and before now i never had any trouble logging in. Im not the guy who knows much about hardware and internet stuff, but i read the first post here and my PS3 is NAT2.

I asked DividedXZero to log on and he has the same problem as me (is in the US). Anybody knows if SL servers are having trouble with NA or something?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

As far as I'm aware the servers have been down (or simply not working) yesterday and today, Kyonshi. I hope it's maintenence rather than them going ka-put like the leaderboards.

I hope they're back up before tomorrow, otherwise they'll be no WipEout this weekend... The world cup will suffer a bit too if they don't come back online soon.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I see Amorbis. But you're from England and can't play? I ask because i saw my buddy W5LX from France playing yesterday night when i happened to me for the first time... How is that supposed to work? Locations far from Europe suffer from this situation first?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I don't know how it works, but I do know that I can't currently play. I see why location would affect it, but I guess it could. No one in my friends list that is European has been online on WipEout either today or yesterday, probably because it seems to be broken in Europe too .

I take it that you didn't read the thread where Paul Tweedle said the servers are being taken offline for fixes? No times were given for specific outages and returns to service, so there's no predicting when you can or cannot get on.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Sorry about bringing an issue already discused and announced Lance. I just dont follow enough all threads being pull out

Oh, you should read all the threads, as I do. naaaahhh

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

All Official PS forums have at the top of the different forum topics.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

If anybody bothered to check these announcements they would find that they usually give 3 days notice of dates & times the PSN will be down.

You don't need to become a Official PSN forum member to read these alerts.

But it does help if you become one,as you can tick in options to receive alerts like this.

Saves a whole load of infuriation and befuddlement.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Link? Whenever I search for a Wipeout PSN forum, I find nothing. It may be a regional thing.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I found this on SCEA website, but not the PSN downtime things... Still very important to read.
    Best you can have on SCEA website is this, on the right you have the network status.

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Hiya All.
    I've been racing on line and every now and again I have an in-race problem.
    On "321 Go", all other ships do not move and I do not see them for the entire lap. When I complete a lap, I pass the other player's ships, still in their starting blocks.
    However, the track position info on the right hand side changes throughout the race, updating me of my race position.
    When the race finishes, times are given for all and it as if everything was fine.
    Anyone else experienced this, and any ideas why?

Thanks Guys

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've had something very similar. But I don't know why it happens. It's one of many freak occurrences that have sadly become more and more frequent with the more recent updates, particularly the last one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    0joe0fran0

Default Freezing problems

Hi, during online play there are certain times when the game just freezes. I've already deleted the game and reinstalled it with the latest update but the same problem still exists online.

I have NAT type 2 btw so no need to worry there. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Never happen to me. Just turn off your firewall or similar features to check
    whether the problem is related to those features or not.

Btw; Welcome on board!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've had plenty of occasions where the game has frozen, as have many others. I think we would need a little more detail on the frequency and type of freeze though. Can you offer a bit more explanation?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    0joe0fran0

frequency? What exactly do you need to know from it? and where do find info on that?

As for the freeze I dunno what type of freeze you call it but to describe it in a bit detail the game just literally pauses, the music continues and the sound effects keep looping. For example when someone lays mines, I keep hearing the mine sounds again and a again and again. That's probably the best I can describe about the freeze dunno if it helps you or not.
    Last edited by Lance; 9th January 2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

He means how often does it happen. What are you doing in the game when the freezes happen?