Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You can get Gemini by just having two controllers, set at Venom in racebox, race pilot one till just before the finish line of the 3rd lap, leave stationary.
    Pick up second controller, race pilot 2 and finish the race.
    Then pick up pilot one controller straight afterwards and trickle over the line.
    Trophy is yours

PSN ID
    jeegee

Post gemini

If you have kids then you can just pop pilot assist on player 2 and race against them. Or with multiple kids let them race it out themselves. Gets you the trophy AND keeps your nipper(s) entertained for half an hour. 2 birds with one stone . My 2 yr old lad got a 1st place on novice/venom/vineta k last week using pilot assist, my 4 yr old lass came 7th lol. Pilot assist has a lot to answer for.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

With Just Passing Thorugh (fury) Pick a ship for player 1,
    then hold PS button go to controller settings and put the controller to number 2 then go back pick a ship and then go to back to controller 1 and then make tons of barriers and then pass through them with shield activated

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by jeegee View Post
    My 2 yr old lad got a 1st place on novice/venom/vineta k last week using pilot assist
    Child prodigy, what's he gonna be like when he's five?!?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TNitaliano

Good grief! I have hit a literal and figurative wall with Zone Zeus. I got to zone 68 SIX TIMES yesterday, and zone 71 twice! I get to zone 60 with 100 health, and just collapse for some reason. It's beyond frustrating, considering I know many of you managed to get Zone Zeus rather easily.

I know it's only a matter of practice, patience, and remaining calm, but goodness...this is brutal.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Well, I'm not proud of it... but I got Zeus on Syncopia. It's really easier compared to Anulpha...
    Once I got Zeus, I got Airbreaker on first attempt.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TNitaliano

Considering how well I know Anulpha now, I'd hate to give up and start learning Synopia. I purchased FURY, but I haven't played it at all yet. I'm working my way through the normal game, and I've been determined to do it on Anulpha.

One more night like last night, however, (with 4+ hours of trying without success), and I may just do it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Are you attempting it with near, far or cockpit view?
    On Anulpha you should basically be able to get Zone Zeus just using air brakes for much of the 75 zones needed.
    Have you tried adjusting you air brake sensitivity?
    A lower percentage = Higher sensitivity in Wipeout, a lot of use race with 70% or less, and have air brakes re-mapped to L1R1 instead of L2R2.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TNitaliano

I do have them mapped to L1 and R1, with a sensitivity of about 80% I believe. I race in far view, and I did try the other cameras but never felt quite comfortable. I just seem to tense up and pinball once I get going too long in Mach 1. I don't know what else to do except keep trying.

The fact that you can make it to 75 with just airbrakes damn near makes me wanna give up. Here I thought I was getting good at the game, but it seems I'm still an amateur

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

A lot of people turn their music either right down or off and the HUD effect off when attempting Zone Zeus, as both are a distraction.
    It's best to attempt getting it in 1 hour blocks, then give it a rest, do something else for about 20 minutes, then have another shot at it.

It's frustrating, but you'll get there, just try to do as many perfect laps as you can, which sounds obvious, but that's exactly what needs to be done.

Well since you have already remapped your air brakes and have hit a dead end, maybe try mapping your air brakes back to L2R2 just for this [I'm pretty sure that's what I did as you don't need to touch any other controls when attempting it], there is finer control with L2R2, but like a lot of others I don't like using the default for normal racing.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TNitaliano

Got It! Managed to get to zone 78 just now. It just clicked all of a sudden and Mach 1 seemed to slow down quite a bit. I got to it with 100 health again, and didn't take damage for the first 5 zones in. Pretty proud.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    cprosick

Default zone zeus zone count

sometimes the music slow down the processing while playing 'zone'mode

the Sycopia track seemed easiest for me...Anulpha pass has that crazy split and narrow section...took a while...

Internal view i've got almost 80 I think,,,I noticed some on the Leaderboards 140,150!!??? probably not internal view

I've been flying lousy lately,,,need REDBULL maybe
    ~C

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    On Anulpha you should basically be able to get Zone Zeus just using air brakes for much of the 75 zones needed.
    Have you tried adjusting you air brake sensitivity?
    A lower percentage = Higher sensitivity in Wipeout, a lot of use race with 70% or less, and have air brakes re-mapped to L1R1 instead of L2R2.
    Granted I've not played with the controller configuration (always stuck with the default settings) but that seems wildly optimistic. I've done about 3,000 laps of Anulpha and only recently been getting to Supersonic. Maybe I'm just sh*t though

TNitaliano, good effort. The practice paid off.
    Last edited by Colonel; 27th January 2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Didn't read the whole thread before posting!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Elois-13

Edit: wrong thread.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TNitaliano

Thanks, Colonel. All the success you guys have at this game just drives me to get better. I paused the game to take a pic as soon as I hit 75. I'll have to post it.

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

I can't get " beat zico" ( if thats how you spell or if thats what it's called) Tips please...?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

All the help you need is available if you look at this link, there is even a video that breaks down beating Zico section by section.
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...+zico+tutorial

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

I got Zone Zeus on AP! It was hard (blew up 5 times at zone 74) but, I got it on my 6th try.

Setup: A distraction (talking on the phone), HUD effects, music on (music made game slowed around zone 57)
    Airbrakes: circle and square.
    Accel: R2
    That is it!

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Wooo! Beat Zico today, 30.79, just

Tips: Sideshift over speed pads. It's not noticeable normally, but when running with a ghost which didn't sideshift over speed pads, the difference is enormous, especially when every tenth of a second counts.

Oh and I feel the Piranha HD is better for this than the Furyanha, it feels lighter and seems to get air more easily IMO.

PSN ID

Finally finished editing and uploading the "Elite Campaign Legend" videos, thank God. It's hardly exhibition stuff to be honest, by the time I got to Meltdown I couldn't really be arsed to be honest. Seemed like a good idea when I started it

Anyway, here they are...

Uplift

Warped

Frenzy
    Frenzy (Part 2)

Vertigo
    Vertigo (Part 2)

Head Rush
    Head Rush (Part 2)

Speed Freak
    Speed Freak (Part 2)

Dropzone