Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Regarding sideshifts. Now, I'm by no means a top pilot, but I am able to beat the elite AI - even on Chengou.

I primarely use sideshifts when I don't/can't quite hit the apex of a turn (wiz. first lefthander on Sebenco (F)/thight lefthander on Chengou (F)/the "Piranha lefthander" on Anulpha (R)). If you're going a bit wide it can help you back on the line when you're fully turned in (remeber pitch!)

On Chengou it helps you line up for the speedpad over the double jump. My usual tactic against the AI is pretty much absorb everything but turbos, shields and autopilots and then BR like a madman

Others have a different style - YMMV

Oh, and I too usually slam the wall when I try to correct my craft in a straight line with sideshifts

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Chengou Project: Elite, an example. Make sure you check out the description.

AFAIK blackwiggle nobody said that the AI was 10-15% faster than you, I certainly didn't.

Some tips:
    1. Acceleration sensitivity to 10%. I have airbrake also on 10 and Motion pitch on 100% (This time it actually means higher sensitivity, weird huh), but acceleration should be at 10%, as there's nowhere you need to let go of the X button.
    2. I don't do it in my video, but at first when you try to beat them for the first time: speed is key. Choose speed pad over weapon always. Choose weapon when only you need shield energy, or it's on a speed pad line. Barrel roll and turbo = very important. You can also use the two "shortcuts" I show in the video, I explain how to do them in the description.
    3. Most important: you have to be able to do near perfect laps in Speed lap or Time Trial on the track(s). Hit the walls sure, though probably a little less than in my video Practise a lot in speed lap.

After, you can become more "aggressive" and toy with the AI, once you master it and understand how the AI works, you can really take the weapon pad line and blast them to hell and back. These make for very poor race times but what the heck, I enjoy killing other ships

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Huge thanks for all these tips.

Haven't replied properly because I'm too busy trying to implement them - have found myself in the lead on a couple of occasions now, so sooner or later I'll get it right I'm sure.

Things that seem to have improved my lap times the most at Chenghou are

A) Ensuring that nose is pointing down and left when landing after the two short jumps after the hairpin - then keeping the pitch down throughout the long left hand corner.

B) After the big drop, making sure I keep the left hand side of the track - makes it much easier to line up the chicane, and am getting the double zip pads at the start of the straight more frequently.

AG Systems is definitely better for me than the Icaras was, and the AI tips are helping too - is all very much appreciated.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    diddymal

Jimsin, on that last chicane if you keep right, you can zoom through and airbrake hard right at the last second to get around the corner and line up the boosts easily. If you aim to just hit that edge, you'll sort of drift around the corner and miss it, even though you're turning to the right. That way you can hit the boost before it too.

I find it's the best way when there's alot of other racers around you, since everyone else seems to hug the right hand side you can edge them out and into the oppisite wall as you turn.

PSN ID
    Rubbernuke

Unhappy Gaahhhhh!

I've decided to go for transcendence but I've hit a big, ice cube shaped snag in the form of Seb Climb Elite Phantom....its an absolute nightmare! Other than through sheer luck is there a way to win this? It seems the AI goes mental on this track, the last race I had four other ships were eliminated-is that normal? Beating Zico seems easy compared to this!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I'll admit I needed a couple of turbos to win that one, but good lines and pitch will get you far. 2-3 BRs pr lap will keep you competitive.

The norm is a couple of eliminations - at least for the AI residing in my PS

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The AI isn't as good on all tracks. Fortunately, Sebenco is one of the tracks they happen to be worse at.
    I'll see if I can make a quick video tomorrow of Forward to complement my Reverse.

Or just make Forward and Reverse like the Chengou in a new vid, as I've improved a bit since then I think.

But this will have to wait after gardening

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Best to use a craft with high thrust stats on Sebenco .

Mastering side shifts really help on this track,so does adjusting the sensitivity of your air brakes

If you can master the BR without using a turbo at the point where you exit the tunnel [you should be able to do it with just a nose up] you will most likely overtake a few craft there,then save your turbo for going down the start/finish straight immediately after straighten up on to it ,otherwise if you use it too late you tend to be traveling to fast to take the sharp first left.

PSN ID
    Rubbernuke

Cheers for the tips guys, its the only track I need to do to get Elite Campaign Legend (although I'll have to do it again for Arcade Perfect-)- it will be mine! I guess I'm going to have to dust off my Goteki 45 for this one!

Out of interest, If I install Fury, do I have to get those trophies too before I get Trancendence?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

No,if you have a look at the HD trophies the wording of them has been changed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Sebenco is one of the tracks they happen to be worse at.
    This was my impression as well. In truth, I'm very surprised that people call this the hardest track to beat the AI on... I had infinitely more trouble on either Chenghou Project or even Sol 2.

I beat Seb in both directions within around 5 attempts when I was going for arcade perfect with both Goteki 45 and Harimau... it must've taken 30 or even more attempts on Chenghou using Goteki 45, on the other hand.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Big thanks Diddymal for chicane tip - I'll try it now.

For Elite Campaign Legend I'm just stuck on Chenghou and Sebenco - it's quite distressing to read that people are managing them on 5 attempts - I reckon I've tried more than 500 times!! (and now have a blister on my thumb )

No trouble at all with time trials or speed laps - just the races. Not giving up though, and hopefully with all this helpful advice it won't take another 500 attempts to do it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You will have a sore thumb but a BIG grin on your face once you beat it.

You'll do it if you persist.

That's 50% of the Trophy "Persistence" they should of called it.

PSN ID
    Rubbernuke

Hey, just completed Elite Phantom Chenghou and Seb, and nailed them all in racebox all in the space of two hours....all Ive got left is Zone Zeus.... If I can do it, anyone can!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by _Rubbernuke_ View Post
    If I can do it, anyone can!
    Nope. That's the point of it. If you do it, you can be proud and pleased knowing you've achieved something over 90% who bought the game will never see.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

"two hours?" - you must be gifted .... I'm shuddering to think how many hours I've been trying for.

I think my copy of Wipeout HD is faulty, and somehow the AI managed to get a little bit smarter than everybody else's during the download process!!!

I'll definitely have a big grin if I get those last two elite golds (3 inc the tournament) - in fact I'll be screaming so loud that the neighbours will probably phone the police!

Dont give up. you will get there in the end, just as a few other have.maybe i will but not for a while i think

PSN ID
    Nunalho

Does anyone know how to get onto the Amphiseum shortcut? I never knew such shortcut even existed

PS; i know where it is, i just dont know how to get there...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It didn't exist in Pulse because of the ECS.
    Just use a turbo and aim for the door.
    Land the BR and

Thanks SL, that shortcut is probably the best one in the game yet, as it doesn't even feel "cheated" the slightest (Not that the others do, but this one has a sign saying: "Hey, I'm a shortcut!" while the others don't.)

PSN ID
    Nunalho

I tried to turbo onto it, but since there isnt any lump i still cant get there

PS: The shortcut is also in Pulse, i ve just checked it