Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Do the weapon respawns repeat themselves? Ive always wanted to know.
    I swear, once i get a boost, if i get only the same weapon pad each lap they repeat.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

who is AHHH-QUADZILLA

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Do they repeat? Sometimes. Actually I've had some that repeat lap after lap and I've had some that change. I'm guessing that's about as random as it gets. Way too few Quakes though!
    Last edited by crawdad62; 21st November 2008 at 03:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

are there other cases of track modification a part metropia case?

Timezone
    GMT + 2

I have a problem. Yesterday I went to one of my friends hoping for a couple of hours of w’o’’HD online. The thing is that when I entered the lobby even dough I had my ship selected the game started without me and a message that I have to join another game appeared[ in the upper left corner usually the name of the host should appear, this time it didn’t]. When I made a game I did manage to enter the race , but never in someone else’s race. I got a call this morning and it seems that now he doesn’t even sees the the games(lobbies). I know he didn’t had 50 friend in the list so the bug shouldn’t be caused by this, should it ? I don’t know what happens, it never happened before. Does anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas of what it may be causing it and how to remedy the problem? Thanks

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sounds like the new game patch.
    The online games auto start now 1.20 minutes after the 4th person to join.
    What probably happened to you was you were just a little to late to join that game so it didn't let you join, even though you might of thought you were in it.

With your friend or you not being able to see the name up in the lobby,that can happen if the host has the friends filter applied and the friend trying to join in the race has only recently been added to the host's friends list.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Wink

Just wondering what tactics some of you use when neck and neck with someone to barge them out the way.

Do you turn into them/sideshift or keep your line?

Im asking this as im getting bullied a lot and have had enough of it.

I think i have been very brave in sharing my inner feelings with you.

I think a lot of ramming is accidental, and I don`t know of any really fast pilots who use it as a main tactic.

I never deliberately ram people, even side by side on the ramp at Anulpha Pass. Well, unless they started it. I`ve heard that sideshifting people can work, but really I think it`s better to just focus on your direction.

But mostly when I do get rammed, deliberately or not, I just try to stay cool and focus on my racing line. Back off slightly if necessary then take them with a good line on the next turn. If it`s someone who is slower than you, but tries to win by ramming you off the track or into the walls, and they succeed once and it costs you the chance of winning the race, then my advice is just pick up some weapons and hunt them down like a dog until you hear the magic words. Contender Eliminated.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Thumbs up

Thanks Lunar

Some racers seem to veer off their line totally to come after me, but i never do as it wastes too much time.Unfortunately i always seem to come worse off. I guess ill have to toughen up a bit.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    Do the weapon respawns repeat themselves? Ive always wanted to know.
    I swear, once i get a boost, if i get only the same weapon pad each lap they repeat.
    Interesting you mention that because i think that does actually happen. If you doing the average speed per lap going on the same racing line as the previous lap and going on the exact weapon pads and using them as frequenly as before you do get the same weapons as in the previous laps. Its a case of Deja Vu alot. There probably some math system that'll prove this case to be true, but you right there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i've read today somewhere in a post of a certain " fast start with airbrakes " now i still trying to remenber where , but i don't remenber ,someone could explain me what it should be this mysterious quick start using airbrakes?

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

good question.
    i noticed while racing pirhapac that he was always boosting ahead of me, even if i got a boost start.

whats that all about.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

^ it may just be a timing thing, i've noticed in the lower speed classes the controller sometimes vibrates a second time after the boost start, but doesnt happen so often in rapier/phantom.

As for always coming off second best in a ramming contest, i think thats mainly due to lag. Maybe you guys dont experience it too bad as your racing ppl relatvley close, but im usually racing hollow people, and when they do ram, it seems they are on a weird line and completely immovable (its not nice being pushed aside by an assegai while your in a triakis )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok in meantime someone come and bring some light in that "mysterious quick start airbrake method " i'll try it myself too for understand if it exist and work for real, and i've another question:

my game stutter and lose some frame only and i reapeat just ONLY in one place in the entire game, in faster classes metropia forward, i reapeat only forward when you pass the last very large hairpin in the " bee like " dark and yellow stripped section just before the start grid section, do you have understand where ok?
    and most important this stutter have appeared suddenly a certain day and wasn't there from day one , i'm sure 100% of this because it's very noticeable now and happens everytime i race in that place and first times i had play the game it wasn't exist

what it could be? ( note: i haven't download the new 1.2 patch yet )

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by trentdf View Post
    ^ it may just be a timing thing, i've noticed in the lower speed classes the controller sometimes vibrates a second time after the boost start, but doesnt happen so often in rapier/phantom.

As for always coming off second best in a ramming contest, i think thats mainly due to lag. Maybe you guys dont experience it too bad as your racing ppl relatvley close, but im usually racing hollow people, and when they do ram, it seems they are on a weird line and completely immovable (its not nice being pushed aside by an assegai while your in a triakis )
    no, no, i mean considerably faster than everyone, flying from 3rd/4th on the grid to 1st, and being on the first corner before the rest of us get there. i swear, some matey on anulpha pass reverse was on the long right hander before wed finished the first chicane, absolutely flew off the line.

read somewhere else about an airbrake start? not sure what thats all about, might have to make a new topic about this if no deffinitive answer.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i think i'll past the night trying to discover how it could work

PSN ID
    pirhapac

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    good question.
    i noticed while racing pirhapac that he was always boosting ahead of me, even if i got a boost start.

whats that all about.
    ha?for my quick start i just press X just just after "go!"..thats all lol

If you hit X bang on the Go you get a much stronger boost than if you hit it just after... but if you screw up and hit a fraction of a second early you stall. I always err on the side of caution, and try to hit just after Go - no amazing starts, but consistently good ones.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Seriously are you guys joking??
    As far as i can see im hitting it bang on go, but i have never, ever noticed my ship getting an even bigger boost. Especially not to the degree that some people get.

While racing with wellington yesterday one guy in particular was flying off the line.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    If you hit X bang on the Go you get a much stronger boost than if you hit it just after... but if you screw up and hit a fraction of a second early you stall. I always err on the side of caution, and try to hit just after Go - no amazing starts, but consistently good ones.
    ooohh thk im new in this game (.....)but i keep my "just just after go!"