Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I do not believe that BR's are necessary for the TT and SL in the campaign. They are needed to set the best scores, but I have been obtaining golds in all the way up through Meltdown now without them (except in the most obvious places like jumps)

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

Good for you then. No BR's for a clean racer, do you think it is necessary to use them online?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    I do not believe that BR's are necessary for the TT and SL in the campaign. They are needed to set the best scores, but I have been obtaining golds in all the way up through Meltdown now without them (except in the most obvious places like jumps)
    Well I agree with you up to a point,that point being that Darkfaerytales has never played Pure or Pulse,so he could actually be oblivious to knowing that one is expected to do barrel rolls,in your words "In the most obvious places",if you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthendRage View Post
    Good for you then. No BR's for a clean racer, do you think it is necessary to use them online?
    Well they can save you from going from 1st place to last,and no matter how much you might loathe BR's, they are now part of the game and people will use them to their advantage.

Online has really changed the pecking order,the old ways of winning just by keeping as perfect a line as possible just won't win you online races anymore.

Those kids brought up on Pure and Pulse will see you as easy meat and just fly right past you,or get so far ahead of you that you won't stand a chance unless you BR yourself.

I'm of the old school,but I can't halt progress [?] so I might as well join them,at least I'll have a fighting chance of retaining some dignity by not finishing stone motherless last.
    Last edited by Task; 1st October 2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Darkfaerytales.

Those ships [or ones similar] and more tracks are assured....if not assumed.

More stuff becomes unlocked as you progress through the Campaign.....I wouldn't want to spoil it by telling.

Quirex is no longer the overladen family station wagon [handling wise]that it used to be,actually it's probably the best craft to use up until you get to the mid point of the Head Rush campaign [the 5th one] and the best to use online on Venom and Flash speeds IMHO.[Those shields can save your butt]Lol!

Check points are gone,except the start/finish

My advise to get through WOHD for you,since it is all new to you,would be to play all the campaign cells of each grid,getting all gold [default is Novice],then you will notice that some[2] of those cells[weapons active ones] in that grid have an option [by pressing Square]to change the difficulty of the opposing A.I. from Novice to Skilled or Elite.

If you can get Gold on Skilled,well you could probably hold your own against the online players on those two tracks,if you can do it on Elite,well your well on your way to kicking some butt.

Another MAJOR difference between HD and the WO's that you are familiar with is the barrel roll,you DO really NEED to master this,if you don't your progress through the game will plateau at around the Vertigo campaign [4th grid]and you will be pulling your hair out wondering why,when you do perfect lap after lap,that you just cannot get Gold for a particular cell....a well placed and time barrel roll will be the answer.

Happy racing.....online has really breathed new life into the WO franchise.
    thank you black! i hope that yuo're right about download contect expecially for more ships...

actually i like barrel rolling, i know it is a maneuver not so popular among the most, but i like and i try to do it everytime i can , i'm on the right way to master barrels i think since sometimes i can do some using simple turbo boost and the dunes ( i don't know if it's a right terms anyway i mean the "waves" in some tracks ) in vineta k for exemple

Could someone from SL say whether the tournament points bug is likely to be fixed?

HD plays so much better than Pulse online, and for that I`m grateful. But the points bug ruins tournament play. Tonight I did an enjoyable 12 race tour v 5 guys. One of them fought hard with me until race 10 when there was no mathematical way he could catch - so he quit Then the points got inverted - despite winning 9 of the races I finished 4th of the remaining 4 in the tour and the guy who should have been last won it. I got the endurance trophy, but this bug makes tournaments kind of pointless, if the idea is to score as many points as you can. Every time someone has quit a tour I`ve been in this has happened.

Also does anyone know of a way to tell how many races there are in a tour before you enter? It would be very convenient to be able to tell at a glance, and sometimes 12 races don`t fit in.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Lunar

I only just twigged to this myself.

When you go online any particular race/tournament which you highlight [goes blue], have a look down in the bottom right and this information will be given to you about the highlighted one.

single race or tournament....speed class....weapons on/off.....list of track[s]

Sometimes you have to be quick,as while you are reading that info at the bottom the game could start, and then another race becomes the highlighted one as the list moves up.

You could always use the filter on the hosting page,[by pressing the triangle button] if you want to preselect what type of race/speed class/number of players/location of host [country]
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 30th September 2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Additional information

Thanks for the info the problem for me is that the tour has usually started or scrolled by the time I`ve read the information. Would be useful to be able to know straight away whether the tour is 4 or 12 races, or something else, because I don`t really mind what tracks it`s on. Unless I`m still missing something.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It does,just have another look down it the far right of the screen...if it's a Tournament it will show a track name [say Moa therma] and it will have 3/5 meaning Moa Therma is the 3rd track raced in a 5 race Tournament.

I must admit that I find WOHD game instructions are at a bare minimum, and a few sub menus explaining exactly where to find things and how things operate would be welcome....maybe in an update [Hint Hint Colin]
    Last edited by Lance; 4th October 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. READ THE GUIDELINES.

Ok i've played since the first Wo, and today i found that there is slipstreaming in this one...When did they add slipstreaming in the serie?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

There is?! Haven't noticed so far!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

I noticed some effect of this while scruntinizing some of the pre-release vids, but not enough to come to a conclusion about it because the speedometer flux wasn't clear enough to tell if speed was throttling more upward than down.

What clued me in about it was that there must be some benefit to the exhaust trails bunching up around the nose of a trailing ship, which is exactly what happens in HD.

- F

thanks for your help, Blackwiggle, I`m very sorry and I fear I am being dumb here Do you mean on the main lobby with the list of races and tournaments that are available? That`s where I am looking for the info, but all I get in the bottom right is the logos of the tracks in the tournament cycling through slowly and no text at all. Maybe I get a different display?

the only time I see something like 3/5 is in between races in the tournament, when it`s already started.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Anyone know what happens when autopilot kicks in and you are instantly better, faster, stronger than all the other ships? Is it just playing an absolutely perfect line with perfect pitch, or is it just an advantage of the autopilot.

I can never accomplish the speeds the autopilot gets on my turns. Like the spiral up on sol2, the speed doesn't dip below 600 (phantom) and I hit a low of 450/500 to keep off the walls.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Stephen, the font above the Track logos is really small (it also shows how many races in a tourney) - maybe you are unable to read it, if you're not playing at 1080p?

And yes, Rubix, the AP definitely uses some magic (or cheats, if you wanna call it that...)

PSN ID
    Highlander23

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this one.

Last night, in one race I got a clean start on Vineta K and thought I was in the lead. Then I looked at the position rankings on the side of the screen, and discovered to my horror that I was (apparently) in last place!

Then, when the race finished, I was listed as being in 3rd place. Weird.

Then, several times later during the night the race results would be out of whack. Eg, at the top of the screen it'd say I came 2nd, but the bottom section with rankings and times it clearly showed I came 3rd

Is this lag, or a glitch in the system?

I think that must be it, Martin. On my SD (which I think stands for "Sadly Deficient")TV there is absolutely nothing there. It`s a better explanation than Sony singling me out for a special "no tournament info" version.

post deleted

PSN ID
    psp/ps3 ID : cnmth

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post

Watch out for djAmZz from Sydney.....he is really good and very hard to beat and I think he might of knocked a few previous known champs [french ones at that] back into the pits licking their wounds,he's already got 3 and a half campaign grids gold done on elite level
    Hehe im also good then?
    Got all the campaigns on gold @ elite

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
    The skins become available with loyalty points; The first is 4000, but I didn't notice the one after that. Possibly 10,000 to get the third skin? I'm sure someone knows.
    2nd skin comes available at 4000 points ye and the 3rd comes @ 8000 loyalty points.

Quote Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
    Ok i've played since the first Wo, and today i found that there is slipstreaming in this one...When did they add slipstreaming in the serie?
    I think there is no slipstream, the only thing there is, (maybe what u noticed) when u are behind someone with your craft's nose in the yet engine tail, then u see it burning.
    This costs no energy or anything.
    Last edited by cnmth; 1st October 2008 at 12:31 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

I want to install linux on my ps3, but to do this I need to back up my system. I used the backup function on the ps3, but I don't know if it backed up Wipeout HD or not.

Any ideas?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I think it backs it up. Anyways, and that I am certain about it: you will be able to download it again if it's not backed up. But I'm almost certain it is backed up too.