Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Could anyone explain why the logo of Xios is on a Feisar and probably on other ships too?

PSN ID
    Axellink

Hmmm not turned off, but I have gone over some of them during a multi-player race and not received a pick up.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Ok I repeat, did anyone have the bug where some weapon pads are turned off for the whole race? I know KIGO and I are having this problem. It must be more frequent than this...
    This was odd. It happened during multiple races during Metropia. The race was somewhat a hybrid race featuring Avalon tactics towards the end.
    ----------

By the way to all you older Wipeout veterans out there, you cannot perform reverse quakes in Wipeout HD, i tried it during single race, and the quake still fired forward. Well thats the end of an era there, lol.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Supersocks and RR must be heartbroken... In seriousness that's a negligible loss.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    kilozebra

I could swear that I tried to do a reverse quake in Pure and it didn't work... figured it was gone for good and didn't try it in HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Quote Originally Posted by kz_ View Post
    That boom noise occurs whenever you lift off the throttle. Easy way to avoid it is to just keep X mashed.
    Does this boom mean anything??? Like do you get a temporary slight speed boost???

Maybe I'm imagining things...but for really tight corners...where I have to release the throttle, I try hitting the boom at the apex...and this seems to help me exit the corner a bit faster than say...leaving your finger on the throttle and just flying through said corner by airbraking like hell...or even aribraking and then side shifting back in to avoid hitting the outside wall...

hmmm...

on an added note...would've been cool if SL implemented a little sonic boom ring animation when this boom happens...then again...it might be too much...

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
    I forgot, I had one other question: how long do mines and bombs hang around if no-one sets them off?
    Recently I was in a race (offline) and I was in first, and as I came around for lap 2, I saw a bomb in the distance, which then exploded itself before I could get to it. Definitely wasnt set off by a ship, so maybe when the race leader comes toward them, they disappear (spectacularly!).

It coul'dve just been a bug though if no one else has experienced this.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Bombs do explode after a cetain amount of time (Around 20 secs), like in Pulse. Mines disappear after five seconds or so.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

NOOO finally a WipEout im good enough to get in the right position to do a back quake and it doesnt work!

grrr, i feel ripped off, lol

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Ok I repeat, did anyone have the bug where some weapon pads are turned off for the whole race? I know KIGO and I are having this problem. It must be more frequent than this...
    Yeah, it's happened to me twice now, both times I was playing it was when nearly all the online hosts were from the USA or Europe and I'm in Australia.

And both times there were 5 players or more.

I think it must be an internet throttling [distance] thing, where all the information except the weapon pads gets realtime updating.......Bug Report!?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

havent seen the weapon pad issue yet... sounds interesting though, i had the same issue when playing pure at the US convention at Als this year. i wonder...

as for back-quakes, i think they should have kept them, inspiration for you to fly faster!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by cybrpnk View Post
    Does this boom mean anything??? Like do you get a temporary slight speed boost???
    nope, any effect you're seeing is a placebo.
    I find that the only place I'm consistently releasing throttle is the hairpin near the start of chenghou project.
    The boom is probably meant to be the sound of the afterburner reigniting as you start pushing fuel through the turbines again

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

online bug

got a request to add friend as the race was starting. the countdown finished but race stalled, got some funky green waves scrolling to left of where race start timer is, couldnt quit out from this point on, had to pull the plug

first online bug for me btw, i am not one the ppl with big friends lists having lots of problems

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Today the game froze on me during an online race when I pressed the voice chat button. It unfroze again after about 10 seconds of waiting. Of course, by that time the race was lost to me...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Tekkenizer

is there any information regarding Zone-scoring here? (like a thread)
    I would like to know all the possible bonus points to get (like perfect labs, etc.).

thanks in advance.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Boogalogist

I want to know what you guys use...the direction pad or the analog stick to control the movement of the craft?

I used the stick...but i found that doing barrel rolls are unreliable with it.

I tried the pad and it's great for barrel rolls..need to get use to the turnings though.

So what do the pros use? D-pad or Stick?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

D-Pad + Motion on Pitch only.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

thank you guys for starting this thread, i have a lot of questions and i didn't want to start many useless threads only for asking 1 questions a time, for luck someone has come out with this...

first only for know, since i have play all the ps one wipeouts but i haven't play the psp ones so HD for me is a total new i have some question

the checkpoints are forever gone?

maybe it's just me or i have played this game very little since now, i have only 4 our of play or so some passed just looking at the menus ,

but the ships are really so different in terms of driving?
    i know all the story behind the balancement needs to keep a good online play ,and as everyone can see just looking at the stats the ships now are far more balanced and near to other ones , i mean now the slowest get 7 out of 10 of speed and the fastets 10, remember in w3o when the slowest were really slower and the fastest were really fast for exemple , i mean feisar had 1 out of 5 and you can feel it, i want to say feeling at first touch in HD the ships don't seems so different one by another...or i'm just wrong? i intend remenber the sensation of difference, of heavyness, using quirex after a lot of laps with assegai? or viceversa...

how do i unlock the skins for ships?

can i use the zone ship?

i wish to start a petition thread for ask SL to make Van-Uber and Tigron available as DLC since it have sense due that HD is set in between pure and pulse , and/or more skins for ships...
    i know i never had play fusion and i never like the overall feel and art direction of that game , but first I'M FAN OF MORE SHIPS , second- i never had play with van-uber but i think his disctintive and unique traits can add even more variety to the team roster (who's already vary think at ships like mirage , who i think it's ugly in terms of design but for sure unique and original ) also i like very much the 3d model of van-uber in pure...
    who is with me?
    do you think if the demand is high SL should consider to add these ships or however more ships for future DLC packs?

sorry for the long post and thank u in advance

The skins become available with loyalty points; The first is 4000, but I didn't notice the one after that. Possibly 10,000 to get the third skin? I'm sure someone knows.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Darkfaerytales.

Those ships [or ones similar] and more tracks are assured....if not assumed.

More stuff becomes unlocked as you progress through the Campaign.....I wouldn't want to spoil it by telling.

Quirex is no longer the overladen family station wagon [handling wise]that it used to be,actually it's probably the best craft to use up until you get to the mid point of the Head Rush campaign [the 5th one] and the best to use online on Venom and Flash speeds IMHO.[Those shields can save your butt]Lol!

Check points are gone,except the start/finish

My advise to get through WOHD for you,since it is all new to you,would be to play all the campaign cells of each grid,getting all gold [default is Novice],then you will notice that some[2] of those cells[weapons active ones] in that grid have an option [by pressing Square]to change the difficulty of the opposing A.I. from Novice to Skilled or Elite.

If you can get Gold on Skilled,well you could probably hold your own against the online players on those two tracks,if you can do it on Elite,well your well on your way to kicking some butt.

Another MAJOR difference between HD and the WO's that you are familiar with is the barrel roll,you DO really NEED to master this,if you don't your progress through the game will plateau at around the Vertigo campaign [4th grid]and you will be pulling your hair out wondering why,when you do perfect lap after lap,that you just cannot get Gold for a particular cell....a well placed and time barrel roll will be the answer.

Happy racing.....online has really breathed new life into the WO franchise.