Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will there be a wipeout Fusion 2 ?

Maybe, just maybe Sony will suprise everyone and show an online WipE'out" @ E3, I heard SCEE were showing Colony Wars (online) and Destruction Derby (online) at E3, so a WipE'out" online seems natural...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

I wouldnt hold my breath .. :-?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Same here.

It was stated before that the next installment would have to wait until the PS3 comes out.

If the online games fly, then it'd be better if they wait for a better processor. Especially if it's the one that I heard rumours about. I think Sony know their hardware isn't up to stuff with the other platforms.

spaceboy gajo

Timezone
    GMT + 8

yeah, it's probably true, but people won't hold out for too long once their favourite game goes online (Gran Turismo 4, drool...)

on the 'smeg' topic, didn't it come from the TV show Red Dwarf?

When I first heard Wipeout Fusion was gonna be released I thought it'd have a 4 player split screen option and it'd have a fully revamped version of the terrific Eliminator mode from Wip3out. I was diasppointed when neither of these featured in the final versions of the game so I hope any future Wipeouts will have this.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

From what limited rescources I now got (seeing as SCEE dont like me now :x ) there are rumors floating about of a wipeout-ish handheld game...
    It wont have the physical power to look great, but it might give those *@#!¬ northerners the challenge to put the emphasis on passion, not polygons.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

You'll believe anything! :

If it was happening, I'd most likely know about it... and AFAIK, it isn't happening...

...that doesn't mean it wont happen!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default Let's hope so...

Though if they were ever to make another WipEout game. I'd certainly hope they would bring back the spirit of the first 3.5 games (WO64 being the .5 as an extension to 2097) as well as have someone who has a true passion for the games to head the project.

*sigh*

I yearn for the day when we can actually pilot "floating" craft on realistic (ie: NO LOOPS) tracks.... And the elemination of the flamethrower...amongst other things...

Long live WIpEout!